Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Just discovered this game had a console release after angsting over my PC not being able to run it.

Is this worth jumping into? Most importantly, is the PvP active and not dead on the XBone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Helter Skelter posted:

If PvP is your primary/only focus, this may not be the game for you.

Fair enough. Do we have a somewhat active presence on Xbox One at least so that I can join goons and fleet up? Sounds like most of us are on PC..

If so, this sounds like an insta-purchase.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 12, 2016

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Playing on Xbone. So I definitely had like 40,000 total left before my hiatus awhile ago after buying Horizons. Suddenly I have 36 million credits and I don't know why.

Is this a glitch or some kind of reinbursement for the glitches with the new DLC or what because :stare:.

Or alternatively :smugdon:.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

SquirrelGrip posted:

noticed a few people saying this happened

Sounds like I should spend all this poo poo immediately if it's a mistake.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I have a few million in the bank. How do I start the process of getting the Engineers upgrades once you have the DLC? Who/Where do you talk to specifically for weapons and FSD?

And have more people picked it up on Xbox here yet?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I'm about 500 ly and 40 jumps out of Quince. Money is no issue because Frontier gifted me with like 40 million after those first big combat nerfs last year (I got utterly hosed by the changes and subsequent rebuys. I think I may have been an unofficial beta tester because they hooked me up for my troubles, or I was the only one on Xbox still slamming his head against the CZ wall during that period and they decided to throw me a bone for being an idiot), so I'm already too drat rich so gently caress it.

Are Quince exploits still popping enough right now to be worth the hour trip and are there any more you all would like to share?

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 26, 2017

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Can I get a confirm that Quince works on the Xbox before I warp away from all of my contacts and trade routes?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

That Salome event went down so spitefully and the people being lovely and elitist in protecting her got so utterly karma'd that I would have put money down it was orchestrated by people from here. We need more of these events if only to get people out of their caves and have some good old fashioned "that just happened daaaamn".

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Bloody Pom posted:

The Cobra IV is a fat gently caress compared to its predecessor, but I do love the woosh it makes when you boost.

Massive cargo capacity for a small multipurpose, too.

Cobra IV was my bread and butter for making trade route cash and it was a lot of fun. I look forward to getting back to it once I return from the trip to Sag A, one goddamn 30 ly jump at a time.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Exploration payouts are so hot right now. Kitted up a Type 6 for 29.8 ly jumps and just visited some nebulae nearby Sol and Quince on a couple hours journey there and back scoping out Ammonia, Earthlikes, and Water planets (which is brain dead simple when you know how) and scored a cool 20 million with no weird mission timers or faction rep stuff required. It was super chill and only kind of a slog at the last 1200 ly or so of the trip.

So of course I should expect massive gimps from Frontier in 2.4 because that was actually worth the price of admission.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

It still may be better to be on the Xbox side if console play is a must, if only because I think most people are going to buy the Scorpio over PS4's upgrade overall. Maybe it'll have the bigger community in the long run?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Flying around in space and exploring the galaxy makes this the best game of the gen for me. All the other features are extra sprinkles. I hope they don't gently caress it up by turning the Milky Way into a war zone and ruining what is currently a relaxing and chill experience. :ohdear:

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Mike the TV posted:

They are huge spooky terrain to explore. Frontier finally put something different and unique on planet surfaces, which is a great considering the season was about planetary surfaces to begin with. :)

Agreed. At least this is vaguely gameplay. I'm excited to get the Unknown-materials to open these doors and poke around! :unsmith:

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Anime Store Adventure posted:

It's absolutely crazy to think of all this cool stuff that has been in the game just waiting for literally anyone to find it, not necessarily just the turboautists that are dedicated to it.

It is weird though how the those folks seem to find 100% of the content within 24-48 hours of a new patch dropping and completely exhaust anything interesting for the community at large for three months, though.

Sometimes I feel like certain groups are secretly working with Frontier to demonstrate the new content and post vids online, because its a bad look to drop new content patches and go months without anyone finding new poo poo. I refuse to believe people are THAT autistic to find all these alien planets and, probably in a few days, find all the planets on the alien star map. It's a huge galaxy out there.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 29, 2017

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I'm pretty established on Xbox. You guys think its worth it to scrap it all and move to either PS4 or PC even if I don't really want to?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Anyone taking the death march with the Gnosis ship to check out Thargoid territory before being brutally murdered for Youtube and promo videos?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Sounds like a great way to get players into those corners of the universe we haven't been going to yet like the far Northeast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

People are already taking down bugs. Always count on the poopsockers with the good gear. I hope this isn't the main attack force.

• Locked thread