Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Dromio posted:

I picked up a Boom delivery with my Adder just to try and dig out of the hole a little bit. Hmm. 150k for a delivery that's just a few jumps away. Seems great! Should have known there are no such slick deals in space. I just have to drop this stuff off at Wiley Vision in Ekonir. When I get to Ekonir, there's a Morey Vision, but no Wiley! I flew around forever, discovering more planets in Ekonir, but I still haven't found one with Wiley Vision on it. I did some internet search and see that it's way, way out from the second star, but I'd probably need an advanced discovery scanner to find it. A scanner I cannot afford.

So here I am, drifting around in Ekonir desperately looking for a planet I know exists but cannot see. Growing deeper and deeper in debt as the missions I've picked up fail around me. A courier pilot who had high hopes of expanding his career into other businesses and is paying the price for it.

Scan the nav beacon, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Just checking, but you know that getting Elite gives you a permit to Shinrarta Dezhra, a system where every ship and module is always available at 10% off? I mean, it's not 15%, but it's just so much more convenient than flying from port to port. You would that think that Frontier wold mention that in the little space e-mail you get but oh wait, no, you wouldn't because Frontier.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I can't accurately recreate my lips in Holo-me. :colbert:

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Are other player's interdictions harder to shake than NPC ones?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

So the general gist is that the type-10 is good for thargoid shooting, but has to Hull tank and is quite slow. It is not so good at all for regular combat due to the small power distributor, and maybe can eek out 30ly jumps for travels.

Is there something unique about the T10 that makes it better against Thargoids? I feel like I'm missing something.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Mimesweeper posted:

Rank keeps piling up in the background even if you're at 100% on your current one, don't worry about it. You can just do several rank up missions later, it's another one of the many good design decisions they've made.

What's the other one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfPWpEKhgfk

• Locked thread