Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Maneuvering is fun but outside of combat there doesn't seem to be much you do. Taking off and landing is really cool and are still the most impressive moments I've had in the game. So far everything else is just point at star, space warp key, point at nav target, slow down, space warp key. Are there tasks out there that are more interactive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Libluini posted:

Yes, you could try to reach the galactic edge, for example. Or try to make your own private map of human space. Or make up any other tasks you prefer. Some people even do some mining.

Yeah that's the meta but the actual steps to doing it are still what I listed right? Are there hazards associated with fringe space? Popping out in front of suns is really cool, but so far I just have to not fly into them. Is mining just tedium?

What I mean is that if you are playing it as a space truck sim currently I'm pretty much only parking. In between I don't have to stay in my lane, avoid other cars, adjust for road hazards, or even really navigate. I just point in a vague direction, hit a key a few times, and wait.

Not that I'm saying all those kinda tasks make sense in a space environment (space is super big and all) but just to indicate how it feels like I'm not interacting much in even the casual way of a truck sim except with my big galaxy map. Which is a shame because like I said actually just moving the ship around is kinda fun.

• Locked thread