Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

New Federal Corvette looks hype. Is that ship class bigger than what was in the game by default?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The multi-crew thing has me ready to buy the expansion when it hits. I hope its thoroughly implemented with something like crew-stations etc.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Alehkhs posted:

They've made no indication that Multicrew includes SpaceLegs (TM). Walking around is still a ways down the line as far as we know, and I suspect that's where we'll see changes to stations.

Oh I meant like one dude controls the ship itself, other buddy controls a weapon battery etc.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

This is NOT the one with Multi-crew, right? Thats the Horizons expansion?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Space Skeleton posted:

ED is $15 on Steam right now. If you preorder Horizons while owning the base game it's $15 (10gbp) off.

Just putting that out there for the people who wanted to get the game but didn't want to pay extra.

You would also get the free Cobra when Horizons drops which is not a bad ship to just get handed as a newbie.

This owns, ordering tomorrow. Sale's too drat good a deal to pass up.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

That droning music is neither soundtrack nor radio. Its ambient ingame, the entire colony hears it and is on lockdown. People are panicking, and making GBS threads their space-drawers.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lockmart Lawndart posted:

Yeah but theres always some assclown running around out there with heavy guns waiting to destroy your multi-million credits of exploration data for shits and giggles.

W...

Awkward pause

Whats their FORUM NAME! :roflolmao:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Anybody stream this on the reg?

Aka "Regularly"?

I'm becoming hip as my Christmas resolution, you see.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Arthil posted:

I think that I'll buy the base game on discount, there's not really a rush to buy Horizons and while I'm sure it's amazing going down into a planets atmosphere I'll have plenty to be in awe of cause it's space.

Same, just bought it. $15 seems like a reasonable enough price.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Viper MkIII trip report: Disrespectful to dirt. Makes jerks twerk. A good ship.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

FINED $200 FOR "BUMPIN UP THE JAMS" IN A GENTRIFIED AREA OF SPACE

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Player repping ingame factions via a displayed tag should be a big priority too :(

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Oh I've no idea. I just want a drat guild tag equivalent, even if just an aesthetic.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

How do frag cannons factor in compared to the others? Should I want to concentrate max frag projectile on power plants etc via gimbals?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I really liked dual large Pulse gimbaled on my Vulture. I was totally happy with it.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hope I get real close to Frag cannon a some thargoid, and get my ship torn in half by a tentacle or some poo poo. I'd gladly take the bankruptcy.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

It'd be so loving sweet if there was an eventual event, and it leads to players having to run Refugee evacuations en masse from the targeted planets with constant threat of interdiction by Thargoids etc.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Federal Assault Ship: Large Multicannon Edition en route :getin:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Want to get back into this soon. Have an FAS with appropriate armaments but stopped because insurance costs were getting intimidating. Is doing RES bounties still a go to for shootmans guys?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

How will the change affect my FAS I wonder? :( I want to try out the new gigantic multicannons with 2 beams or a pulse and beam to bust shields, but if jerks are just boogeying away I'm kinda boned.

This beta requires Horizons, right? I'd test it myself but Im under the impression you sorta need it.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Awful lotta people over on those Brown forums saying that the AI is fine and people need to get good.

Real big show.

Got a real big show tonight...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

They need to take random rolls and shove them up their own rear end.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I'll finally be able to pay for my ship insurance more than 3x over!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Shine posted:

That would be cool, yeah. Space Rangers 2 (FRONTIER PLEASE COPY) had missions like that, where you were tasked with preventing civilian deaths in an area for X amount of time, so if a pirate attacked a trader and you ran the pirate off, it contributed to your success and thus felt rewarding.

This would be awesome, and actually make hanging out waiting in an area tolerable.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I just dont have very good luck with the frags, so I hope to go for the M-M-M-MEGA VULCAN setup on my FAS with a Beam to shield strip too. Hopefully the ammo will last a good while :(

EDIT: Can I not buy Horizons on its own now? Its priced at 37 bucks on Steam, with Elite itself being 30 and only available in a merged-format.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yeah this.

Approach Dangerous/Elite ranked FAS's with care. I had one gently caress my FdL up.

This kind of poo poo I'm down with, as long as rewards arent pissy. Sounds much better than the running away stuff from before.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Finally got Horizons. I assume that Engineer grind guide is still relevant?

Seeing vids of full multicannon setup on the FAS. Is that a decent setup?

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 1, 2016

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Wow, "KILL THE SKIMMER" missions still generate for bases without Skimmers it seems. Same with Goliaths.

Lol gently caress.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ahh fair enough. Thats a drat shame, I really wanted to be a bomber and blow the poo poo out of bases for profit in Horizons :( I'll bust out the SRV though.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Anyone have any tips for FAS versus NPC FDL? They can gently caress me up pretty good it seems. Should I be using Assist Off to keep sliding around onto their rear end in little boosts?

Using full Multicannon loadout, both large with Incendary ammo.

EDIT: Actually gently caress it, they cost 30 million credits more per unit for a reason I suppose. Will stick with small poo poo. And man, the FAS stinks now it feels like. I'm thinking of downgrading to Vulture :\

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 4, 2016

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Man having a bounty on you and not able to pay it off manually just seems like such an affront to common sense in design :psyduck:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Am I dumb for considering downgrading back to the Vulture from the FAS? Seeing the price of Military Composite at 14 mil for the Assault Ship just kind of stunned me.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah gently caress, I was carrying around some loving tubes and kept getting jumped constantly.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Shine posted:

That sounds cool as gently caress.

Absolutely so.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

"Nice haul ya got there... surprised you made it this far."

*Slams throttle to full and narrowly escapes carrying the precious tons of human excrement*

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So to power level to Diry Drives 3, I should just go to the starting woman who offers that tree of upgrades and grab em? Not wait for the upper tier guy who goes to 5?

Its 30 jumps away, so would rather not waste a trip and end up in that totally unfamiliar area :(

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nope! Hadnt even touched that one. Will do that as a priority.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Apple Craft posted:

Ever since I heard about this game, my one and only question is whether or not the visitors to the park will be able to get off Mr. Bones wild ride.

Same, but Mr Bonestripper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enUo-1TjdEs

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Good, Im glad of it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

K8.0 posted:

Engineers fundamentally makes the game less fun to me. The good part of the design of Elite was being able to swap around what you're doing without spending too much time or money on it. Tacking a bunch of bullshit on to make it harder to be optimal is the exact opposite of what was good about the game. It's not something that can be fixed by changing the numbers - not that they want to, as evidenced by the proposed module change, making combat less fun, and basically everything else they've done. Frontier's design goal has become to great the ultimate grind simulator, rather than to have a game where there's a lot of fun stuff to do, and you do it because it's enjoyable. There hasn't been any point in the past 6 months where I've looked at this thread or the patch notes and thought "that's a good change."

He nods.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:chloe:

no one gives a poo poo

He screams in pain!

• Locked thread