Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I’m sure this has been touched upon already, but I just got my first Anaconda (woo), and I was wondering if ya’ll had any suggestions for a good, non-engineered outfitting scheme. I plan on doing the engineering stuff, but the grind getting the ship (plus enough for the rebuy, etc) was a little exhausting; I’d like to take a wee break and maybe do some fun shooting stuff for a bit. But like a dog chasing a car, I don’t know what to do with this ship now that I have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Asimov posted:

I only feel the desire to get out of my ship when I'm about 30m or less above the ground and my ship lasers are too big and bulky to do any fine surgical killing. But then again, I'd love to do a mission where I strafe/bomb a bunch of ship-less fools running around on the ground. :allears:

Same, but while this is going on I also want big Anaconda/Corvettes/etc. hovering nearby, pulverizing a settlement with lasers and missiles.

Aug 3, 2014

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Base shield domes :allears: Wear them down eventually with ship lasers OR send in an SRV with a Shield-harmonic-interface-device in the cargo pod to blow the generator / hack the data terminal.

Hnnngggg

Deploy your ship-based fighters to take out base AA defenses, then bring in the heavies to rain death.

gently caress.

Aug 3, 2014

Dogeh posted:

You got me all excited about taking out Adle's Armada bases, and rain death on them...!

I just assumed there was an Alcoholics Anonymous player group, tbh. Maybe there are missions where you run covert beer deliveries, but if you’re scanned you’re immediately fired upon.

Aug 3, 2014

Gonkish posted:

Still, maybe Frontier is starting to realize that grind is not gameplay? Maybe? I hope?

Heh.

Heheheh.

Heheheheheheh—*a Dorito gets lodged in my throat and I collapse on my keyboard while grinding Fed rank for the 36th consecutive hour*

Aug 3, 2014

YellerBill posted:

I think my favorite part of the Elite: Dangerous: Season 1: Horizons: Beyond thread and SA in general is the part where everybody hates each other

Aug 3, 2014

Post’s shields offline.

Aug 3, 2014

The front of the Anaconda has something like a small gun sight attached to it. When I first started flying it, I would center that on whatever I was trying to get to/through. Just like aiming down a rifle.

Aug 3, 2014

Re: outfits

Sometimes when I’m on the bridge of my Corvette, I really wish we could wear like, fleet officer uniforms and whatnot. I mean looking like Han Solo all the time is cool, but maybe I want to wear a jacket with epaulettes once and a while.

Aug 3, 2014

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I'm really glad I sucked it up and stayed up later than I planned to last night.

Hard same. I was going to go to bed at 800 million, but decided to make a couple more runs and pushed myself over 1 billion. That should be enough to last me until the next gold rush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 3, 2014

The grind to engineer your shower is the loving worst. I can’t seem to get past G1 water pressure.

• Locked thread