Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Crafting is supposedly coming.

The game is a work in progress. We try to make our own fun however, such as putting players in Eravate through 'incompetency' tests to see if they should be in a pubbie system or not.

Two of us won graphics card: that was an exhilarating night I tell you.

We also like to cause drama :)

Bloody Wanker posted:

Excellent job on the new OP!

Sorry everyone for not keeping the old OP up to date, i 've been busy.
Your boy AndroidHub will probably do a better job than me.

Can't believe this is the third E:D thread.
He grows up so fast.

Any gossip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
We get to name our own faction. That's currently in play and we'll see what's happened with that in the next few days.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Libluini posted:

Is our name really Diamond Frogs or was that a joke in the other thread? Last time I checked, that name hadn't appeared yet in the list of approved player faction names on the Frontier-forum.

Which list is this?

If you're referring to the old rear end one they posted a while back then no, of course our new name won't be on that list.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Cobra is multi purpose, viper has but one

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Tom Guycot posted:

:O we actually got a faction? Someone just post what we can do to help this faction and I think this game will get some more hours out of me (outside of cqc which, when it works, is buckets o fun)

So far it's description only, factions will come later.

Also it's beta only so no point wasting time on a save that's getting wiped in a week or two.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Paramemetic posted:

It's 10x less expensive than the anaconda also so I'm not sure why that's the comparison ship?

When you say it's being added later do you mean to the beta or did they cuck us with just a description for 1.4?

As per the previous patch note, they not yet put in actual factions, but they just added descriptions to the systems.

So we'll get faction soon, probably once 1.4 is actually released

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
The people want the Panther Clipper, and it better be able to store ships and not some watered down 1000 cargo juggernaut!

DarthBlingBling fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 17, 2015

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
With NPCs spamming chaff in 1.4, maybe the age of the iClipper being the glorious PvE ship is now over.

The power generator of the iClipper is pretty generous, perhaps you just need to sacrifice a booster or two?

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I think he's right, may as well just go for a normal shield and use the extra power

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
How about don't ever pre order anything? Just wait till it's out

Unless you reeeeeaaaaallly want the extra hardpoint on your Cobra

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

DatonKallandor posted:

The new Cobra has an extra hardpoint?!

Oh poo poo..

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

radintorov posted:

There are two main reasons that were observed to cause that: the abovementioned lag/desynch is one and the other is initiating the interdiction near an asteroid belt or other such objects that will mess with the tether.
Of course it's probable that there are other reasons for that to glitch out as well that we don't know about yet. :v:

There is another reason that I've observed. Sometimes the interdictor is going so fast, they fly past the ship being dicted. This causes a similar spazz out in the favour of the interdictee.

Also, is everyone bald in the future? that's literally a pic of CMDR Bald People In A Box(ed shaped pic)

DarthBlingBling fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 25, 2015

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Isinona is also, you know, good.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Wow the payout from conflict zones is terrible. 70k for an Anaconda (why did I fight an Anaconda) which took 10 minutes to kill while I can take down a Sidewinder in 10 seconds and get 20k.

Also the most boring thing when you are tinyship vs Anaconda is when you get them hosed up enough that they can't actually do anything, and then you ran out of ammo because it's a god drat Anaconda and you're a stupid little Viper. That last 5% with small lasers was so boring, slowly tailing a spinning out of control ship.

It used to be 300cr for any ship killed...

They've tried to 'balance' it 4 times now

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

*sniff*

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Turrets are really the reserve of the very largest ships.

You perhaps just want a ship that isn't a paper plane. Aren't you the person the swapped the viper for an eagle?

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Zaardvark posted:

The chaff effect lasts around 7 seconds, reloads are pretty cheap, too. They're slightly less useful in PvP, mind you, because human players will just untarget you, which makes their gimbals fire in fixed mode.

Wouldn't say that un-useful. If they're running gimbals in pvp then being forced to a mode they're likely useless at, or the ship isn't very good at will be a big advantage to you.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Natsuumi posted:

I made this for Kermit after him talking about our "characters" in Elite being our SA avatars, figured I'd share.

I'm not good at photoshop and just mash buttons until it works :(

Somehow I think you're better than me at this:

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Chalks posted:

Ah thanks for the info - if they do start taking a cut from selling items back I hope there is some way to remove items without selling them - is this possible at the moment?

So long as you don't leave the instance, your item remains available to rebuy.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Who hasn't been behaving in IRC?

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Don't think player factions are going live just yet. There's no mention of it in the notes unless I'm searching for the wrong phrase

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

tooterfish posted:

They share the galaxy servers, but they won't get instanced with us.

Like PC players and other PC players then...

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

chaosapiant posted:

I bought mine in January of this year. How do I know if it's some Madcatz poo poo? I'd like to know from forum experts that I don't have a lovely flight stick.

Does it still work?

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Congrats man, your stick isn't a piece of poo poo then

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Siets posted:

...at this point, if I fail to get my remaining merits tomorrow, I am planning on cutting my losses and never touching PowerPlay again...

Good, it was garbage before, it's bigger garbage now.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Please tell me people on the brown sea are getting angry about all this

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Exactly as predicted; I'm so happy

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Siets posted:

The one thread I saw about this on the E:D forums last night had been started by a guy with the same complaints I had. Then you had about 5:1 numbers of people responding to him with "you do know this is Elite:Dangerous right!?! :smug:" and "Good! Interdicting should be hard, in fact Frontier should make it harder!" and "Ohhh... Is someone sad they have to actually work for their merits now?? :qq:"

So yeah. A bunch of sad lonely masochists actually praising Frontier for breaking this aspect of their game with the usual fanboy responses we know and love.

:smug:

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Continue shooting then, you still get paid

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

WebDog posted:

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a bug where your repair is stuck at 10credits, but can't be cleared? Even when you buy a new ship.

Also interdictions are suddenly quite harder to pull out of, before it was pretty generous with where you kept your escape heading but now demands you stay pretty bang on to prevent being pulled out of space.

I guess that 1.4.1 patch can't come soon enough.

Don't expect it to go back to normal, they said that they wanted interdictions by NPCs to be harder for 1.4, but they've conceded that it's perhaps a little too hard now.

Seems to go off ship rank from what I saw last night, struggled against dangerous, deadly and elite ships (even type 9s), but anything lower was a breeze.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Recharge rate is 1MJ/s; sometimes less but never more

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Chaff use to work, but they fixed it for the police

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Wafflz posted:

This looks fun, I want to play with the frogs but first I must finish my grind for princess good shields.

You know, all you need to do is wait 3 weeks and 6 days, quickly grind the 750 merits, cash in.

You now have access to the shields

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Basically you just need to be level 3 after 4 weeks pledged.

In the meantime do whatever fun things you wish

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Zsinjeh posted:

Oldie but a goodie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xj1ZgxpALg
(anyone have that video from the streamers point of view?)

Yes

DarthBlingBling posted:

Zsinjeh you beautiful bastard

Hope for a friend:

Deception?

Despair:

Lewd

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Astroniomix posted:

"mission target" shows black anyway because :frontear:

Is this why I no longer see the mission target text?

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I made a pro video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFuyn8_qrUE

NPCs being silly

Also you can watch it in full screen and pretend you're an ace pilot like me :)

DarthBlingBling fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 5, 2015

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
He hits alt tab so he can tell us in IRC about his sick nasty landing he's about to pull off

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
That's good, most new pilots go from alive to dead in less than 10 mins in their first CZ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
You're supposed to pick a side before you start shooting.

To be fair this is not an obvious thing to do and the menu is hidden away somewhere most wouldn't know about.

Right hand panel > Far right tab > Factions > pick the side you wish to fight for.

Should make that the OP for the 1.5 thread.

I also find low intensity much harder than high as with the low there is more chance that multiple enemies will target you and start railing you to death.

• Locked thread