Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

KakerMix posted:

Looks like this

a colourblind person's worst nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Why is there such a lovely range of paint jobs? And why are they so expensive? I want to buy a single paint job, not a pack of 6

FDev :argh:

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Siets posted:

Honest question: are there any VR technologies out there right now that work well with Elite Dangerous? Or is "wait for the consumer Oculus Rift in Q1 2016" still the suggested course of action?

HTC Vive seems to be the way to go seeing as FDev officially support it and have dropped Oculus

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

tooterfish posted:

They haven't dropped Occulus, I think they were just having trouble getting SDK 0.7 to work with Cobra so they advised players not to upgrade.

Post about it here.

I can't remember where O read it but I got the distinct impression that FDev won't be actively supporting Oculus because of the difficulty in getting it to work. They also seem to be very close to HTC and their Vive product, there is probably some kind of contract between them given that the EGX event going on right now is a massive advertisement and publicity stunt for Vive.

It seems very much that Elite will be Vive's flagship game when it is released in December, at the same time as Horizons. Which is incidentally when the finished version of the Vive support will be added to the game.

Given how slowly development is on this game, I doubt they will be diverting resources to develop stronger Oculus support when they have officially endorsed Vive as their VR headset of choice

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfMqbxEWFH4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Just finished reading the latest Elite novel. Whilst nice for expanding the fluff, I was hoping for more information on Thargoids.

There are two factions of Thargoids, Orisians and Klaxions. There's some kind of civil war going on and the Orisians are the ships we've encountered so far; they're hoping to use Humanity as a bullet shield to impede the Klaxions who are chasing them across space

That's literally the only part of the book I was interested in and it came towards the very end.

• Locked thread