Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Count me in as another person crazy enough to make the journey out to Sag A*. What more fitting, then, than to dump a unit of Alpha Centauri's Mega Gin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Did the servers poo poo the bed when it comes to exploration data over the past week? A friend and I both lost about a week's worth of expedition data in that none of the systems visited and scanned show up as being visited or scanned now.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

TemporalFugue posted:

I sure hope not, because I'm only a few days from home after a weeks long meandering expedition to the galactic core.

I've been out for the past month and a half and I've only seen that the last week of data is missing. Still about 7-8k light years for me but I didn't find a whole lot other than two ammonia worlds and a handful of water worlds in that stretch.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
I really hope they solve this Exploration issue for your sake - you would have wasted this trip otherwise.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Met posted:

Yeah, the warning thread had been updated by the time that I woke up this morning that all is well.

Interesting, I take back what I said. I did log in once I heard this but noticed that some of the data from systems I explored in that period before the 1.4 upgrade don't appear to have been explored. Is this going to be merged in at a later time?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Hit the Far Rim at 65k from Sol. Pretty much can't route past the spiderweb at this point.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Xtanstic posted:

Ah no harm done. It's weird that when people hear 'achievement', people associate it to a dumb checkbox thing rather than 'a cool accomplishment'. I learned about an interesting, if defective, info panel at least.

I wonder what causes it to bug out. Mine works properly from my home system, but other people have clearly inaccurate values.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
if only Eve never existed so its players weren't around to infest every single game remotely related to space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

FileNotFound posted:

Correct. 30ly empty. Not actually sure how low it drops when full. Frankly I don't think the time difference on travel to and from is as important as cargo capacity.

It takes at most 30 minutes to get there but you are looking at ~5 minutes per delivery in the bubble and that's really the bulk of the time spent.

At one point I timed my run:
Left Tau Ceti at 7:40
Docked at Ceos at 8:02
Left with full load of missions at 8:13 - Missions: http://imgur.com/a/5DYPa
Edit: Arrived at 1st station at 8:41 - took longer due to me posting here and getting interdicted and fighting the NPCs 3 times. I could have highwaked out but what would be the fun in that?
Edit2: Left 2nd station at 8:50. Profit so far: 34m.
Edit3: Jumping out of 3rd station. 8:59. Profit so far: 46m
Edit4: Station4 will be a delay - 3,300ly's from entry point
Edit5: Left station4. 9:06. Profit 61m
Edit6...Smith Reserve is 54,364ly away...that'll waste some time...
Edit7...Finally docking at Smith Reserve. 9:18. Got interdicted on the way there.
Edit8 - Last station Orbis Starport. 9:28 - another interdiction on way there added to the delay. Final turn in.
Total profits for this run: 88Mil in 1 hour and 50 minutes.

Holy hell I need to get back to the bubble I've been out for over a year

• Locked thread