Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

The Human Crouton posted:

You wouldn't find it funny if you attended a school assembly dedicated to a multitude of people drawing gay pictures of two particular straight guys?

You don't need to know or care about Yaoi to find that funny.

I would find that about as funny as if I saw them planking or Faith Hilling and I think the same thing about that episode. :confused: I don't understand it.

Just rewatched this season and Tweek x Craig was the first episode I was bored by.

Safe Spaces was better than I remembered it though. I forgot how hilarious Randy getting embarrassed by the cashier and the character of Reality was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I would find that about as funny as if I saw them planking or Faith Hilling and I think the same thing about that episode. :confused: I don't understand it.

Just rewatched this season and Tweek x Craig was the first episode I was bored by.

Safe Spaces was better than I remembered it though. I forgot how hilarious Randy getting embarrassed by the cashier and the character of Reality was.

I'm curious where you find humor. Do you need to personally relate to something? Are you a "remember when" kind of person?

I would laugh my rear end off if I was in an assembly dedicated to fake gay love between two straight students, even if I was one of those two. I'd be pissed, but I'd think it's hilarious.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Regardless of any of the other choices, The Losing Edge not being on that list is the biggest travesty.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Any idea how long the new season will be?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I liked Stanley's Cup more than The Losing Edge :colbert:

quackman
Jan 25, 2004
Chapstick

CBJSprague24 posted:

It didn't feel like a South Park thing to preach "You should pretend to be gay so it makes people happy and lets them feel progressive!".

The episode is to show how feeling progressive isn't the same as actually being progressive in important ways. They're not preaching that society should be like the episode, but that pretending to be gay and pushing people to be gay is stupid and doesn't make you a better person.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
quest for ratings is one of the best episodes imo

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This list doesn't have Christmas Critters, Death Camp of Tolerance (Lemmiwinks), Red Badge of Gayness (Cartman as the leader of the Confederate army), You're Getting Old, Simpsons Already Did It, Marjorine, Cartman Sucks, Not Without My Anus, ImaginationLand, Coon episodes. List is crap.

I'm curious where you find humor. Do you need to personally relate to something? Are you a "remember when" kind of person?

I would laugh my rear end off if I was in an assembly dedicated to fake gay love between two straight students, even if I was one of those two. I'd be pissed, but I'd think it's hilarious.

I could see if they were photoshops of real pictures. That might be funny. But drawings? Why get pissed over drawings? No one would be thinking it was actually you. :confused:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Super Ninja Fish posted:

This list doesn't have Christmas Critters, Death Camp of Tolerance (Lemmiwinks), Red Badge of Gayness (Cartman as the leader of the Confederate army), You're Getting Old, Simpsons Already Did It, Marjorine, Cartman Sucks, Not Without My Anus, ImaginationLand, Coon episodes. List is crap.

I could see if they were photoshops of real pictures. That might be funny. But drawings? Why get pissed over drawings? No one would be thinking it was actually you. :confused:

Just because you or I wouldn't get mad doesn't mean there's nobody out there that would. You can't imagine one person from your life that would be furious if they saw a drawing portraying them as gay?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'd forgotten Crack Baby Athletic Association was the Wunderslash episode and now I want to go back and vote for it.

The last five seasons or so have events I can remember happening, but can't remember in which episode. I got the one where Butters was thought to have multiple personalities and the one where Cartman winds up killing off his toys one by one mixed up in the first round of voting.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Any ammunition which could lead you to be believed to be gay in my middle and high schools, even if you weren't gay/lesbian in reality, could very quickly make life very awkward. Kids there are probably more accepting now, but not so much 15 years ago.

One well-known kid in my class decided to tell any kids who would listen that one of my good friends and I were a gay couple the first day of 7th grade. That was also the first day of about 4 schools merging into one, so we got awkward stares from people who didn't know us for a while and it was a fun hole to dig out of for about 5-6 months until people realized "Yeah, you guys aren't gay, he's just a douchebag who has nothing better to do in his life than trying to start poo poo.". I think that's part of the reason I didn't like the episode, actually.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Naerasa posted:

I'm so happy to see Butter's Very Own Episode, Casa Bonita, The Last of the Meeheecans, and Butter's Bottom Bitch on there. All of his episodes are fantastic.

Butters is probably my favorite character. His parents are absolutely insane and his reaction to that is always wonderful.

Also I laugh that in "Lil' Crime Stoppers" they make Butters try to jack off for days to get a semen sample and when he finally gets it they're done with that and playing as dry cleaners and offer to clean his pants for money.

FetusSlapper fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 31, 2016

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

timp posted:

Just because you or I wouldn't get mad doesn't mean there's nobody out there that would. You can't imagine one person from your life that would be furious if they saw a drawing portraying them as gay?

Maybe so. I wasn't thinking back far enough. Before 6th grade maybe. 6th grade+, you'd probably get more of a response from just calling someone gay, and more likely get to beat up for drawing anime.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'd forgotten Crack Baby Athletic Association was the Wunderslash episode and now I want to go back and vote for it.

The last five seasons or so have events I can remember happening, but can't remember in which episode. I got the one where Butters was thought to have multiple personalities and the one where Cartman winds up killing off his toys one by one mixed up in the first round of voting.

Any ammunition which could lead you to be believed to be gay in my middle and high schools, even if you weren't gay/lesbian in reality, could very quickly make life very awkward. Kids there are probably more accepting now, but not so much 15 years ago.

One well-known kid in my class decided to tell any kids who would listen that one of my good friends and I were a gay couple the first day of 7th grade. That was also the first day of about 4 schools merging into one, so we got awkward stares from people who didn't know us for a while and it was a fun hole to dig out of for about 5-6 months until people realized "Yeah, you guys aren't gay, he's just a douchebag who has nothing better to do in his life than trying to start poo poo.". I think that's part of the reason I didn't like the episode, actually.

The important question is, are you now gay or still straight? Gotta plug in some statistics here to see if the episode was accurate.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Sad that Grounded Vindaloop isn't on there. That has to be one of my favorite episodes of the past several seasons.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck you.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Grounded Vindaloop is another "Good episode I have to be reminded exists".

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The important question is, are you now gay or still straight? Gotta plug in some statistics here to see if the episode was accurate.

Straight back then. Straight when I watched the episode. (Checks Tinder search settings) Yep, still straight. Hope this data is useful.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 3, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I've been burning through old episodes of South Park and I just noticed that Butters Own Episode and Up The Down Steroids basically end the same with the "I learned something today" speech being directed at real people lol.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

When a series runs this long, you have to consider how well individual episodes have aged, in a addition to how you felt on first watch.

I have to say, my favorite episode so far has been Losing Edge. It's just so perfect. I laughed myself silly the first time I saw Batdad crash into the ground, like I was a puddle on the floor and had to pause the DVR so I could laugh more. I didn't laugh nearly as hard at that on repeat watch, but the episode as a whole still really holds up. The Rocky parody elements are fantastic.

Creme Fraiche is great, but to really get it, you have to be a Food Network slut like me.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Did they decide the schedule yet?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Did they decide the schedule yet?

In order per my cable box, beginning at the CC-specific time of 12:07pm Eastern and mostly having random-assed start times (why do they do that?):
12:07pm Cartman Joins NAMBLA
12:41pm The thread-controversial Tweek x Craig
1:15pm Butters' Very Own Episode
1:48pm Chinpoko Mon
2:20pm Christian Rock Hard
2:52pm Trapped In The Closet
3:24pm AWESOM-O
3:57pm Creme Fraiche
4:30pm Black Friday Trilogy (I only saw two episodes listed in the final poll?)
6:00pm Good Times With Weapons
6:35pm Fellowship of the Ring...
7:10pm Casa Bonita
7:45pm Fishsticks
8:19pm Medicinal Fried Chicken
8:53pm Cock Magic
9:27pm Butters' Bottom Bitch
10:00pm Scott Tenorman Must Die
10:30pm Make Love, Not Warcraft

e- I never realized NAMBLA, Rock Hard, Fishsticks, or Butters' Bottom Bitch were as popular as they were. I'm also surprised Fat Butt and Pancake Head didn't even get out of the first round, as it always seemed to be popular.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 4, 2016

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Weird start times = we're sticking more than the normal 8 minute of commercials in between a usually 22 minute episode to make them last more than 30 minutes total.

Basically, if you're willing to watch all of this and not just stream it in order off of Hulu, enjoy your extra 60 minutes if commercials.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Glad to see Creme Fraiche in there. I lost one of my best friends last year and he LOVED South Park. We constantly quoted Creme Fraiche. There's a lot in there but specifically the sequence when Randy is calling the Food Network Hotline. I just love it so much.

Re: Start times, they may have a quick live-taped intro for each episode talking about it

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The end of Butters' Very Own Episode is so great. "MURDERER! YOU'RE A LYING MURDERER!", with the focus on the Ramsays, Condit, and OJ.

It's like in "1%" where South Park gives no fucks about Cartman saying "Black people are incapable of doing anything wrong nowadays".

Chinpokomon is starting now and I can't remember how many times I watched this episode on VHS in middle school but it had to have been 100.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CBJSprague24 posted:

The end of Butters' Very Own Episode is so great. "MURDERER! YOU'RE A LYING MURDERER!", with the focus on the Ramsays, Condit, and OJ.

Doesn't age well since the Ramseys and Condit have been pretty much proved innocent since then.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

PostNouveau posted:

Doesn't age well since the Ramseys and Condit have been pretty much proved innocent since then.

That makes it funnier to me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The best part of the Black Friday trilogy is the entire bit with the "betrayal garden" and how increasingly pissed off the old man gets.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Rewatching Kenny Dies now. Can't believe it didn't make the list of top episodes. Cartman's "breaking my balls" phone calls to stem cell research companies is insanely golden.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

It's even funnier if you watch Up The Down Steroids after because they do the same ending with the baseball players.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Vegetable posted:

Rewatching Kenny Dies now. Can't believe it didn't make the list of top episodes. Cartman's "breaking my balls" phone calls to stem cell research companies is insanely golden.

I think that was the only funny part though. The calls were awesome, but the rest of the episode did nothing for me.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kenny Dies is a special kind of comedy that most people wouldn't get or vote for in a top episode list. Half of the joke of the episode is it's about a character dying, except at that point Kenny died and almost every episode so it was a what the gently caress is this? Also I do appreciate the contrast in Cartman from Kenny Dies to Best Friends Forever. In the former he is trying to save Kenny and in the later he is trying to get Kenny killed, both for his own self serving reasons.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
He's not trying to save Kenny. He only wanted stem cells to be legal so he could replicate a Shakey's.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

I think that was the only funny part though. The calls were awesome, but the rest of the episode did nothing for me.

Aww man, the sad piano music and the kids breaking into tears talking about how kenny cant die still depresses the poo poo out of me. I remember tearing up a bit the first time I watched it, which in itself is loving hilarious.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Kenny Dies is a special kind of comedy that most people wouldn't get or vote for in a top episode list. Half of the joke of the episode is it's about a character dying, except at that point Kenny died and almost every episode so it was a what the gently caress is this?

IIRC the reason they gave was that they thought the whole "Kenny dies" thing was becoming stale so they decided to use that episode to kill off that joke. That's also why he stays dead for so long afterwards.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

:frogsiren: : :frogsiren:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Yay can't wait! I hope they keep the continuity gimmick of the last 2 seasons around!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I half expect the first episode to just be Mr. Garrison still being on the path to election and just yelling "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE" into the camera for 30 minutes straight.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

Yay can't wait! I hope they keep the continuity gimmick of the last 2 seasons around!
I hope they do too, but that they don't spend the entire season telling a joke that I'm not entirely fond of.

Can't enjoy 'em all. Fresh start. Let's do this.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Do you think Mr. Garrison will win the election?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
chinpokomon GO episode is gonna be good

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

bring back old gbs posted:

chinpokomon GO episode is gonna be good

Oh
My
God

I hope they do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I can't wait for the post election episode this year. The Obama ones were fun.

Edit - I fully expect at least part of the season to be Super Heroes to lead into the release of the new game since that's basically what they did with the episodes before the Stick of Truth release.

• Locked thread