Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I have no idea at all what happened at the end of Big O.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Neither does anyone else

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

klapman posted:

hey rec thread it's me, the guy who says Monster

Oh hi Monster guy

LoGH guy was here just before you

Tales of Woe posted:

i really liked shiki's finale but that one's probably more ymmv than most

So do I, actually! I really liked how neatly most things were resolved.

Some nice recommendations, I think I'll check out Akanesasu Shojo and Gridman first! I've always meant to get into mecha anime somehow, but Iron-Blooded Orphans really lost me once they got into space. (And the less said about Darling in the Franxx the better.)

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Shiki's finale is good, but the original broadcast is missing 2 episodes that resolve some big plot threads, so anybody watching Shiki should make sure to watch the OVAs when they are supposed to take place during the series (their names make it obvious about when they should be watched.)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

PerniciousKnid posted:

I have no idea at all what happened at the end of Big O.

Roger convinced Angel to be in a throuple with him and Dorothy.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Got the Viz/Shounen jump subscription. What are some good shounen jump manga's that are completed? I am currently reading Toriko, enjoying the manga way more than the anime adaptation.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I'm a bit dead inside from all this isolation, any shows that could kick some feelings loose?

Like, Violet Evergarden and Carole & Tuesday stand out in recent memory

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

I'm a bit dead inside from all this isolation, any shows that could kick some feelings loose?

A Place Further Than The Universe leaps to mind. A Silent Voice is a movie but also a tear-bomb.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
If I want to feel, I kick on Arashi No Yoru Ni/One Stormy Night every time. It's a kids film, but I still really like it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

March comes in like a lion

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Your (motherfucking) Lie In April.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

This AMV.

Wark Say posted:

Your (motherfucking) Lie In April.

Also this.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Ulio posted:

Got the Viz/Shounen jump subscription. What are some good shounen jump manga's that are completed? I am currently reading Toriko, enjoying the manga way more than the anime adaptation.

Yugioh holds up surprisingly well

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ulio posted:

I looked at their manga frontpage and saw they have a zelda manga, clicked on it and

zelda what's wrong with your faaaaaace

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I feel like it's mainly the coloring her lips look like a sticker.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I can't unsee her lip being a tongue

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Seconding the above recs of A Place Further Than the Universe and March Comes in Like a Lion. Both shows are incredibly good, and made me full of feelings.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I looked at their manga frontpage and saw they have a zelda manga, clicked on it and

zelda what's wrong with your faaaaaace

Ya I saw that too, didn't bother to click it since I thought it was just some quick licensed garbage.

thetoughestbean posted:

Yugioh holds up surprisingly well

I would but I've already seen the whole anime a couple of times.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ulio posted:

Ya I saw that too, didn't bother to click it since I thought it was just some quick licensed garbage.

I would but I've already seen the whole anime a couple of times.

It's still worth reading the first few volumes at the very least, since they cover material that wasn't in the anime and it's vastly different in tone.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

unless you're cool and watched toei yugioh, which is a thing everyone should do

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

dogsicle posted:

unless you're cool and watched toei yugioh, which is a thing everyone should do

The VA for Toei's Nameless Pharaoh was so loving sinister sounding. Just very calm, super low key, almost gave me serpent vibes.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

The VA for Toei's Nameless Pharaoh was so loving sinister sounding. Just very calm, super low key, almost gave me serpent vibes.

it's a very good megumi ogata role

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Yu Gi Oh manga has quite a few differences from the anime. Pegasus doesn't survive Duelist Kingdom, for instance.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

AlternateNu posted:

As he should be. Manga Pharaoh was...not a good person. What he did to Kaiba in his first appearance was nothing short of loving evil, for example.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Spiritus Nox posted:

A Place Further Than The Universe leaps to mind. A Silent Voice is a movie but also a tear-bomb.

I would definitely second A Silent Voice.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

It's a bit of a different tack than what I think you're asking for, but YuruCamp is really good at giving me a blissful, happy feeling.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Paracelsus posted:

It's a bit of a different tack than what I think you're asking for, but YuruCamp is really good at giving me a blissful, happy feeling.

Oh yeah I'll second that.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Paracelsus posted:

Usagi Drop

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AlternateNu posted:

Usagi Drop The Anime
Important to note.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Wark Say posted:

Important to note.

:negative:

It is the most heartwarming show I've ever watched. I will always be in awe of what they were able to pull off. And the fact that this is the first thing anyone ever thinks about when the IP is brought up saddens me to no end.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The manga is fine as long as you don't go into the timeskip. Read 1-4 and pretend nothing else exists.

or read/watch Sweetness and Lightning.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AlternateNu posted:

:negative:

It is the most heartwarming show I've ever watched. I will always be in awe of what they were able to pull off. And the fact that this is the first thing anyone ever thinks about when the IP is brought up saddens me to no end.

Everything Burrito posted:

The manga is fine as long as you don't go into the timeskip. Read 1-4 and pretend nothing else exists.

or read/watch Sweetness and Lightning.
Oh, it is an absolute sugar rush of heartwarming. I remember watching that and... I wanna say Natsuyuki Rendezvous in the fall of 2012 and kinda loving the sharp contrasts between both. Also Sayaka Ohara being awesome.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

AnoHito posted:

As he should be. Manga Pharaoh was...not a good person. What he did to Kaiba in his first appearance was nothing short of loving evil, for example.

Wasn't Kaiba monstrously evil in the manga as well? Like I remember some stuff about him making the group go through a maze to find the cousin of one of the taller kids before a child killer got him first and destroyed the lives of a bunch of people just to get his Blue Eyes White Dragon cards.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Tbf they're p cool cards

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

doomrider7 posted:

Wasn't Kaiba monstrously evil in the manga as well? Like I remember some stuff about him making the group go through a maze to find the cousin of one of the taller kids before a child killer got him first and destroyed the lives of a bunch of people just to get his Blue Eyes White Dragon cards.

It's been a while, but from I remember in his first appearance, he's actually super-nice to everyone at first, then the Pharaoh tried to kill him by trapping him in a world with a bunch of monsters until he was driven insane. He did this to him because he stole the Blue Eyes in a nonviolent manner after attempting repeatedly to buy it for obscene amounts of money.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also remember: :byodood: "Carpet-Bombing Children with Card Games" is the Thread Title for Yu-Gi-Oh thread. Also a friend filled me in the theory that the Akabas are worse than the Kaibas and that Seto is, in fact, a lame-rear end poser and I still don't know what to make of that.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Thanks for all the recommendations friends, gonna binge some of those (also stop checking the news, everything is awful) and hopefully feel like less of a fuckin' robot

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Literally the only thing I know about Kaiba is that one time he stopped a guy holding him at gunpoint by throwing a card in front of the hammer and that doesn't seem like poser behavior.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im back and need a second round of suggestions for grown up shows. This time instead of comedy or upbeat/happy shows Im looking for mystery, drama, and suspense (not horror).

I cant think of anything off the top of my head that I may have watched in this area so dont be afraid to recommend popular shows that most people have watched.

e: Wait Ive watched Perfect Blue and loved it so stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Im back and need a second round of suggestions for grown up shows. This time instead of comedy or upbeat/happy shows Im looking for mystery, drama, and suspense (not horror).

I cant think of anything off the top of my head that I may have watched in this area so dont be afraid to recommend popular shows that most people have watched.

e: Wait Ive watched Perfect Blue and loved it so stuff like that.

Maybe try The Promised Neverland?