Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah i got recommended it last time. I should have said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Jose posted:

any recommendations for stuff thats a single season of 13/26 length available on netflix or crunchyroll.

Do you enjoy character dramas that are clearly written to try and make the audience cry their drat eyes out? Because Violet Evergarden is on Netflix. It's possibly the most beautifully animated thing that Kyoto Animation has ever made, which is saying something. A lot of folks seemed to think the writing was mediocre, but I personally enjoyed it a lot and think it's very much worth watching.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

not particularly no

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Free yourself from streaming services and watch k-on

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jose posted:

any recommendations for stuff thats a single season of 13/26 length available on netflix or crunchyroll. first time i asked i got recommended acca 13 which I really liked. I'm in the middle of season 2 of b the beginning and just after something to watch around that really. Ideally nothing based on a manga

vaguely related i remember watching texhnolyze years ago and not finishing it and just wondering if its actually any good

what are the crunchyroll originals like that aren't based on korean webtoons?
a place further than the universe? what sort of genres are you looking for

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

some soft of sci fi/fantasy show that may or may not involve a lot of action or something specifically like acca 13. The more similar to dorohedoro something si the better. i think I just want netflix to release the second seasons of a bunch of stuff like beastars or other stuff I watched fairly recently. I really liked drifting dragons

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Akudama Drive is great and probably in the vein of what you're looking for, but I don't know what it's on.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

have you watched Run With the Wind yet? it's on CR, 23 ep, really good sports story
e: missed the follow up post wanting sci-fi/fantasy but it's still a good show

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 9, 2021

Tales of Woe
Dec 17, 2004

Jose posted:

some soft of sci fi/fantasy show that may or may not involve a lot of action or something specifically like acca 13. The more similar to dorohedoro something si the better.

Blood Blockade Battlefront maybe? has 2 seasons but they're only 12 eps.

edit: oh its a manga adaptation though, didnt see that criteria

Tales of Woe fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 9, 2021

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jose posted:

any recommendations for stuff thats a single season of 13/26 length available on netflix or crunchyroll. first time i asked i got recommended acca 13 which I really liked. I'm in the middle of season 2 of b the beginning and just after something to watch around that really. Ideally nothing based on a manga

vaguely related i remember watching texhnolyze years ago and not finishing it and just wondering if its actually any good

Kaiba.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Jose posted:

some soft of sci fi/fantasy show that may or may not involve a lot of action or something specifically like acca 13. The more similar to dorohedoro something si the better. i think I just want netflix to release the second seasons of a bunch of stuff like beastars or other stuff I watched fairly recently. I really liked drifting dragons

Kaiba
Planet With
Serial Experiments Lain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Jose posted:

have you seen megalobox? chaika the coffin princess might be worth a 3 episode test