Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I'm looking for something like Nichijou or Panty & Stocking. Stupid, maybe a silly kind of grossness once in a while, episodic and I don't need to worry about story or whatever. Weirdly enough, I didn't care too much for Space Dandy because it was a little too Twilight Zone.

I also wouldn't mind something more cerebral, I dug Steins;Gate and my friend recommended to me this other series about like a society that placed its citizens in work roles based on a predictive aptitude model or something? His description made me think of Minority Report, but I can't remember the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

a kitten posted:

The other show with Nichijou in its (jp) name: Daily Lives of High School Boys.

I had to Wikipedia it real quick because the title sounded like you were trying to get me on an FBI watchlist :v:

It looks cool though, I'll check it out. Thanks!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nipponophile posted:

You're probably thinking of Psycho Pass.

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks, brah!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
So, can anyone tell me what the main criticisms of Psycho Pass S2 were? I thought maybe it was a little corny at some parts and not really as narratively tight as S1, but it wasn't bad at all. Maybe it's because I was high af the whole time though

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

Actually, I just remembered that Cyber City Oedo 808 has some pretty kick-rear end action. You can watch it with the alternate soundtrack, and even with the dub for added effect.

Is Cyber City Oedo that movie about the cryogenically-frozen prisoners who work off their centuries-long sentences by helping stop crimes? gently caress, I ain't thought about that one in years, and I ain't seen it since Laserdiscs were being produced :v: