Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP

Ulio posted:

Surprised nobody has recommend Your Lie In April, if you are a fan of classical music that is a plus but the music scenes are animated so well you will enjoy them regardless of your musical preferences.

Thanks for recommending this, I'm only on ep3 but enjoying it a lot :)

edit: although i will say that the child abuse angle is a bit much..

utamaru fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Nov 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP

DamnGlitch posted:

I mean it's sort of core to the whole thing so.

Yeah I get that, I guess it's just elements of how it was dealt with that I was uncomfortable with. I binge watched it and while I loved most of it, that one aspect of it felt kind of lacking, in a weird 2019 way maybe? Overall an enjoyable show and made me tear up quite a bit.

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP
I really enjoyed Nodame Cantabile, and the characters are (I think) college level when it starts. It might be a bit low on the romance bit but it's pretty funny at times, sweet and good.

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP

doomrider7 posted:

Golden Kamuy

Checking out this and I like the first ep alot. The girl has great style, and I'm here for it. Thanks for the rec!

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP
I think yuru camp is a good rec if you liked a place further than the universe. Not as plot-driven but has some of the same good vibes I feel. Maybe I'm just high on recently watching yuru camp though.

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Rascal Pig Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai.
Thanks for this, what is the deal with good animes, so many of my faves, and having titles + promo art that would make me 100% sure to never check them out without recommendations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Go watch the movie if you haven't yet. (Rascal Does Not Dream of Dreaming Girls)

Just make sure you've got a couple hours free afterwards to process.

Just finished it. That was very intense, and in the end I liked it. Going to go process now tyvm.