Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just about finished with Yu Yu Hakusho. I watched Hunter x Hunter a couple of months ago.

Anything work as a good follow up?

Other favorites I like: Evangelion, Lain, Azumanga Daioh. I feel like I've hit most of the major series at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Davincie posted:

whole lot of anime out there, and with so few named there's no way you've hit all the major ones. just off the top of the head some anime every rookie goes through: ghost in the shell, jojo's bizarre adventure, fullmetal alchemist, k-on!

I've seen those already. Wasn't all that into K-On but I liked the rest.

I'll give anything with strong character writing a try.

Edit - Other shows I really liked: Mob Psycho, Beastars, TTGL, Kino's Journey, Hellsing Ultimate, Trigun, Little Witch Academia, FLCL, Yuru Yuri

Didn't like: Clannad, Kill la Kill, Deadman Wonderland

Roth fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 13, 2020

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, Nichijou's been on my list. That and Demon Slayer seem like what I'll probably check out next. I'll have to resub to Funimation for Nichijou first.

Tower of God also looks interesting.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll try to give the stuff I haven't seen a watch.

I have an anilist thag I should also really cleae the plan to watch section out as well to make this easier. I legit don't remember why I added some of this stuff :v:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Chocobo posted:

Last recommendation request was very successful, so I'll try something different:

Recommend to me your #1 absolute favorite anime ever, with no context, description, or limitations. Series, OVA, whatever, lets hear it, but limit it to one please!

Azumanaga Daioh

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I saw it got added to Crunchyroll, is the City Hunter anime any good, or is it a stick to the manga type deal?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I feel like it's mainly the coloring her lips look like a sticker.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Yu Gi Oh manga has quite a few differences from the anime. Pegasus doesn't survive Duelist Kingdom, for instance.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

Its time. Hit me with an anime recommendation that isn't BNA. I gave up on watching Gundam because I got bored I guess.

Tsuredure Children is short and sweet

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

This is the cutest poo poo ever wtf.

The comedic timing is so on point throughout the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

SalTheBard posted:

Is there a show in the last 3 years that is like 100% worth watching? I sort of want to watch an anime show and I haven't in awhile.

Zombieland Saga