Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
For some reason I started watching K-on! after watching Evangelion twice and for whatever reason these highschool band girls are so uplifting after a depressing series. Their Japanese is fairly easy to understand too as someone trying to learn the language.

How is the Gurran Lagan series? Im mostly limited to what Netflix offers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I've been watching fairly random Animes that catch my eye on Crunchyroll.

For whatever reason I got hooked on Higehiro and pretty much binged it and liked the story quite a lot even though it could be incredibly dark. Now i'm semi-binging on Domestic girlfriend since it was auto-recommended to me.

I've been flipping between One Piece and Fairy Tail when i'm feeling a bit Shonen but it's pretty daunting getting through such long series.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Natural 20 posted:

I am so happy about this.

Finished it off the other night, overall pretty solid I think. Not really a happy ending but it was sort of headed for a trainwreck in the last batch of episodes. I guess I enjoy some of the taboo subjects they explore even though most western audiences will automatically point out the legal issues with the age differences and student-teacher relationships even though the attraction is there regardless.

On the lighter side i've started up Bocchi the Rock and it was a little slow the first couple episodes but really enjoying the colorfulness of it and feels a lot like a slightly more mature K-ON which I also really enjoyed.

I guess i'll work on Chainsawman next.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I recognized Hina’s voice actress from a video game ( I watch all anime in Japanese) so I dont really blame the MC for being so head over heels for her. Too many careless mistakes and their sweet forbidden love could’ve been kept hidden longer.

Finished Bocchi the Rock, definitely has K-on vibes, heartwarming to see Gotoh try to work out her anxiety.

Chainsaw man didn’t really hook me until episode 2, ended up getting to episode 10 in a day.

Ice guy and his cool female colleague.
https://www.crunchyroll.com/series/GW4HM75NP/the-ice-guy-and-his-cool-female-colleague

New this winter, had me laughing and smiling the whole first episode. Female MC has super cute cat. I thought Koki Uchiyama was the male leas but he is actually one of the supporting charactera, really similar voice.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I wasn't really into the Isekai thing but so far i'm really enjoying Shield hero, about 6 episodes in.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Should I stop? As far as reviews go it sounds like season 2 isn't so good.I thought Domestic Girlfriend would be more controversial.

I think the only other one i've tried is Sword Art but I didn't go past the first episode.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I ended up finishing up the first season, pretty alright overall, started off strong but tapered a bit as the season went. Not going to dive into S2 as of yet.

I think a part of me enjoyed it because the Japanese used was pretty formal and it was fun for me to pickup lines without needing subs.

Now i'm on Witch from Mercury.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Binged the first season of Vinland enjoyed it quite a bit. MC is kind of annoying angry mofo but it's not all centered on him as a character at least. It's a little funky that it's in Japanese but we are supposed to assume certain scenes are English/Danish/French

Second season is striking a very different vibe but still has me pretty hooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Ninja Scroll
Macross and Macross II
Bubblegum Crisis

I think I have VHS of these stashed somewhere.

Man I got so nostalgic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an_0IIRDlc4

infraboy fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 8, 2023