Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
What's a good watching order for getting into the Fate series? The number of installments is confusing, and what comes up when I try to search for it on my Roku is even more confusing.

sponges posted:

Is Psycho Pass any good?
I really couldn't get over the awful writing in the first episode. The protagonist is an audience surrogate to the point that she knows absolutely nothing about her job or the world she lives in, and has everything explained to her like she's visiting from another planet.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Everything Burrito posted:

if all you know about fate is some vague stuff gathered via osmosis by being around people talking about it (like me) it's still possible to watch this and get into it just fine.
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for the very detailed replies! As for getting into the series, well, you can pick any random paragraph from the Type Moon wiki and it reads like an excerpt from a manifesto by a schizophrenic who lives at the library:

quote:

During the last mission together, Natalia was positioned aboard an Airbus A300 jumbo jet in flight in order to track a magus known as the “Demonic Bee User”, Odd Borzak. It was said that this magus successfully created Dead Apostles and could manipulate the Demonic Ghoul Bees under his control to use poisonous stings to increase the number of Ghouls under his power. The Ghoul Bees caused a fatal disturbance in the plane after the death of Borzak and began to infect all the passengers one by one until every single passenger had become a Ghoul. Kiritsugu, who was stationed at the plane's destination, elected to shoot down the plane after he deemed the situation too risky to allow the plane to land, sacrificing Natalia in the process. In their last conversation via radio, he admitted that she was like a mother to him. It was then that he became disillusioned with his ideal of becoming a 'hero of justice', as it was impossible to save one person without losing another. However, he continued to fight for this dream, to ensure that everything he had given up would not be in vain. He was eventually branded as the Magus Killer by the Association.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

silentsnack posted:

The gratuitous use of Arbitrary Word Capitalization also makes it more difficult to parse and discern between Seriously Goofy Contrived Proper Noun Bullshit vs pointless random trivial idioms that just get capitalized Because Wiki Syntax Sucks.
I'm a big World of Darkness fan, so I have no right to complain about that.