Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

1) is there anything as fabulous and manly as Jojos

2) is there anything as feel good as Ore Monogatari without it being like literally nothing happening

3) I wanna watch those weird 90s ovas/ movies that freaked me out as a child with 0 context where do I start

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

StandardVC10 posted:

When I think "feel good," I think Non Non Biyori, but I'm not sure it meets your "something happening" standard.

I'll actually start it and see, I heard this before.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Will there ever be an anime as funny as Detroit Metal City

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

AlternateNu posted:

Panty + Stocking for the same kind of crude humor.

I don't think there will be any anime with the same motif that could hit it as well as DMC.

Yeah that was funny, weird that they never went into the season 2 they sort of hinted at. Liked the soundtrack too. I feel like if it came out today it would be really popular

Bongo Bill posted:

Cromartie High School, if you watch the dub.
Ooh yeah that's also a good one. I watched them around the same time and my standards for funny anime were set way too high

Torquemadras posted:

The longer I watched Space Dandy, the more I had the impression that it's ALSO a really, really good scifi show - only, weirdly enough, without really bothering with the whole "science" thing. Several episodes play with weird as hell scifi concepts and explore them. They feel like crazed "what if" episodes thrown into space, almost like thought experiments. To me at least, good scifi always plays around with unusual concepts - the science part is really quite secondary, and on one end of the spectrum it's magic anyway. We've got stuff like literal time streams, sentient death planets, lifeforms migrating between planets, all-time classic time loops, teleportation beams, a world of undeath, that REALLY weird notebook thing, the most perfect shapechanger imaginable, world-ending music, sentient plants wishing for a simpler life, Laika's fate, an invading two-dimensional universe and, of course, Dandy's "godhood"... It's always goofy, but there's rad scifi concepts in there.

I really like Space Dandy, guys
This is gonna sound weird but Rick and Morty gives me very Space Dandy vibes but played a lot more... American I guess?