Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaming Jay
Jul 11, 2015
In my ongoing quest to win at "internet", I've made a short tribute video to the... let's just say "unsung heroes"... of the classic games of our youths. Is there anything better than a childhood of 8-bit and 16-bit memories? *wink emoticon*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJghgPqI-1g

Gaming Jay fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
gently caress you

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:gas:

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
greetings from the gas chamber

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gaming gay

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Sometimes I wonder "what would it take to get me to randomly post 'gently caress you' to an internet stranger?"

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Gaming Jay posted:

In my ongoing quest to win at "internet", I've made a short tribute video to the... let's just say "unsung heroes"... of the classic games of our youths. Is there anything better than a childhood of 8-bit and 16-bit memories? *wink emoticon*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJghgPqI-1g

if your quest involves making every single aspect of your posts as lovely and insufferable as possible, i think that you are doing an incredible job. even your username makes me cringe

gently caress off

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yThfdrdFL8

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

Budohead fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Sep 15, 2015

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Sorry, it's been done and better: http://youtu.be/VrO2KDT8jCw

Though I do approve of showing things besides console games. That was a nice change.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
:frogout:

Gaming Jay
Jul 11, 2015
Sorry guys, I was not trying to piss anyone off but it seems as though I did. I thought my video was kinda fun, and was just trying to spread the word. If it's not a good video that's fine. And if I went about spreading the word the wrong or annoying way, apologies. I'm new to the YT thing and just trying to do my best, but clearly making some mistakes along the way.

Anyway, since people don't seem to like my posts and want me to leave, I will leave. I won't post things here at SA any more.

Gaming Jay fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 15, 2015

Saintv77
Aug 5, 2008

*Insert that dumb clap emoticon here Computer; you know the one*

Cool video bro

*Post post and add correct punctuation however you do that w/e I'm going to smoke some crack you do the rest computer.*

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Well, pull my pants down and call me Susan

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I'll miss you, Gaming Jay. All he wanted to do was pay tribute to the unsung heroes.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Gaming Jay posted:

Sorry guys, I was not trying to piss anyone off but it seems as though I did. I thought my video was kinda fun, and was just trying to spread the word. If it's not a good video that's fine. And if I went about spreading the word the wrong or annoying way, apologies. I'm new to the YT thing and just trying to do my best, but clearly making some mistakes along the way.

Anyway, since people don't seem to like my posts and want me to leave, I will leave. I won't post things here at SA any more.

Don't let the haters chase you off. I thought your video was epic and really good and I know the silent majority agrees with me.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

24 people love what you do so much that they clicked that subscribe button on Youtube, that's 24 lives you have touched. I know you're feeling really low right now but please watch this

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adam Bowen posted:

Don't let the haters chase you off. I thought your video was epic and really good and I know the silent majority agrees with me.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Thought this was a misplaced IZ thread, no joke

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My bad guys. I thought this low effort garbage advertising thread was supposed to be in the funny joke forum.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It's the thread title you mongoloid

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Hey I don't know if you're still reading this but next time you make a video you need to decide what's most important:

1. Your stupid message ("There were bad guys in video games")

2. The text ("Blah.. blah blah... blah blah.. bad grammar... blah... whole paragraph employed to say one sentence... fart...")

3. The actual video images ("4 SECONDS OF CONTRA FADE OUT 4 SECONDS OF ZELDA FADE OUT 4 SECONDS OF OTHER GAME FADE OUT")

And then make the ~Important Thing~ the focus of your video instead of just slapping things up one after the other because the way you did it nothing lands and it's just a fountain of retarded, it's like you made a video to highlight the point that you didn't have a point and shouldn't have made a video

Also your choice of music was trite beyond the worst malaria dreams of people who make car commercials

Anyway, please go to the zoo and jump into the hippo enclosure and stick your head in the biggest pile of poo poo you can find hthhhhhhh

Gaming Jay
Jul 11, 2015

Adam Bowen posted:

24 people love what you do so much that they clicked that subscribe button on Youtube, that's 24 lives you have touched. I know you're feeling really low right now but please watch this

Haha thanks Adam. That was a funny pick me up :)

Yeah I didn't mean I'd quit YT totally but just that SA can be pretty rough for someone who's new and learning. I've gotten some less than nice comments and PM's here. Which basically I think just means that SA is not for me unfortunately... or at least maybe just not right now. I think another stupid thing I did this time around is I wanted to get the word out on my video and so I posted it to several gaming forums and some people said I was spamming and got mad at me. Fair enough though, I think I need to learn a bit better where the line between spamming and advertising is. Anyway, all of this is to say I'm not out of the game, though I don't know if SA is for me right now.

I'll keep at it though, and If I find my footing down the road I may try to come back :)

[Now the rest of you may proceed with the sarcastic insults and "You will be missed, NOT" remarks lol]

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

You don't got the hate in you to make it here, kid.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Broseph Brostar posted:

Thought this was a misplaced IZ thread, no joke
Imp Zone is good though

Gaming Jay
Jul 11, 2015

Tujague posted:

Hey I don't know if you're still reading this but next time you make a video you need to decide what's most important:

2. The text ("Blah.. blah blah... blah blah.. bad grammar... blah... whole paragraph employed to say one sentence... fart...")

3. The actual video images ("4 SECONDS OF CONTRA FADE OUT 4 SECONDS OF ZELDA FADE OUT 4 SECONDS OF OTHER GAME FADE OUT")

And then make the ~Important Thing~ the focus of your video instead of just slapping things up one after the other because the way you did it nothing lands and it's just a fountain of retarded, it's like you made a video to highlight the point that you didn't have a point and shouldn't have made a video

Also your choice of music was trite beyond the worst malaria dreams of people who make car commercials

Anyway, please go to the zoo and jump into the hippo enclosure and stick your head in the biggest pile of poo poo you can find hthhhhhhh

What's funny is that THAT'S the joke lol... it was intentionally overly melodramatic.... it's supposed to be like "it's loving video games this music is so over the top and cheesy"... maybe I should've called it like "Cheesiest Stupidest Tribute Video" or something as it sounds like some people think I'm actually putting this up and being like, this is a beautiful tribute to the games we love, awwwww....

Anyway thanks for the feedback just the same heh

Gaming Jay
Jul 11, 2015

No Such Thing posted:

Hahaha, quite possibly I do not :)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I don't think you know what unsung heroes mean.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

No Such Thing posted:

Gaming Jay posted:

You have to have thick skin to hang with the knuckleheads that frequent this particular part of the forums. Don't sweat it.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Gaming Jay posted:

This guy can't be real.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Tujague posted:

If you put as much effort into your life as you did this lovely post you might have a shot at making your own youtube channel like the OP

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Adam Bowen posted:

If you put as much effort into your life as you did this lovely post you might have a shot at making your own youtube channel like the OP

Yeah that wasn't really a huge expenditure of energy by normal standards, I think the blank lines are fooling you into thinking that it took more sweat than getting up for another 2-liter of Code Red which I guess is shocking and noteworthy from your perspective but thanks

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

yikes

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
Holy poo poo, Gaming Jay is like a real life Captain Carrot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

hey jay keep posting you've almost got it