Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you most excited for?
This poll is closed.
STING 30 15.54%
Triple H 8 4.15%
John Cena 8 4.15%
The Master of the Feed Me More 16 8.29%
The New Day 131 67.88%
Total: 193 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

I fall for this every time. It is not wise to troll me.

You have no power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Put Kane in the OP

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I like The Ryback and want him to keep the title for some reason.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Hace posted:

Put Kane in the OP

"Weeks without Kane" will be the new "Randy Orton weeks without pants" as soon as I find out the last time KANE was on Raw.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I love that the company that gave A.J. poo poo on air for being a "belt mark" would go so far to erase her record.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nikki should break moolah's record

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

oatgan posted:

the number of days as champion one or the number of other lady wrestler careers destroyed for personal vanity one

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

Go whole hog with it and break Sammartino's record while she's at it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

The biggest problem of the Divas revolution to date has been the team focus which I think Creative has finally realized. Both the current storylines tonight focused on individual feuds for that reason. Charlotte did everything "right" to get to this point and got cheated. She's got a personal stake and we don't need to be told she's an incredible athlete, something most Raw audience members don't care or know about. Instead we see that someone who was deserving got cheated and want to see them actually win. Just like how Sasha, who is obviously not over yet with the Raw crowd because we know nothing about her, is being built as a strong competitor for the Sasha/Charlotte feud they seem to be building towards, by having her basically bury a two time champion in Paige. It's at Paige's expense but its pretty obvious to me they want to put Charlotte and Sasha front and center, and while it had an awful start I think they are finally getting that people want to see personal feuds.

I dunno, I'm easy to entertain, but I don't understand why, beyond the petty backstage politics aspect why it's bad.

No, in a vacuum you're not wrong and this thing in itself isn't so bad.

Outside of this vacuum, this is a thing the WWE has been doing a lot--this weird misdirection where they hype something up as very important and then deliver an unsatisfying finish. You don't even have to go down memory lane to pick it out; within the last couple months we've had Ambrose's fake title win, Rollins/Lesnar end in Undertaker interference, the big Rollins/Cena match end over a Jon Stewart chairshot, the Undertaker/Lesnar BIGGEST THING EVER rematch end because a referee screwed up, etc. The Nikki/Charlotte Dusty finish ends up feeling bad because, yet again, the WWE hyped a thing as an important and conclusive moment only to pull the rug out from under it and assume people will care more about the rematch later. It's the kind of thing that doesn't matter when you do it sparingly, but they do it so goddamn much that it ends up being more noticeable than the storylines they're trying to further.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I want Kane to come back and impose his American will on the Divas revolution

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just watched the opener and Steph and Trips gettin' down with The New Day redeems EVERYTHING lovely about The Authority.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

"Weeks without Kane" will be the new "Randy Orton weeks without pants" as soon as I find out the last time KANE was on Raw.

He's been gone for 8 weeks now, you're welcome

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Midnightghoul posted:

I want Kane to come back and impose his American will on the Divas revolution

Kane is from hell, not america

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

CubsWoo posted:

the number of days as champion one or the number of other lady wrestler careers destroyed for personal vanity one

why should we have to choose?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nate put the Kane imgur album in the OP

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Just watched the opener and Steph and Trips gettin' down with The New Day redeems EVERYTHING lovely about The Authority.

No, no it does not. They're overexposed and awful at their job of being heels because they can't stand not being the center of attention and getting face credit for anything that goes right by accident on RAW. They should have been long gone at this point.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

The biggest problem of the Divas revolution to date has been the team focus which I think Creative has finally realized. Both the current storylines tonight focused on individual feuds for that reason. Charlotte did everything "right" to get to this point and got cheated. She's got a personal stake and we don't need to be told she's an incredible athlete, something most Raw audience members don't care or know about. Instead we see that someone who was deserving got cheated and want to see them actually win. Just like how Sasha, who is obviously not over yet with the Raw crowd because we know nothing about her, is being built as a strong competitor for the Sasha/Charlotte feud they seem to be building towards, by having her basically bury a two time champion in Paige. It's at Paige's expense but its pretty obvious to me they want to put Charlotte and Sasha front and center, and while it had an awful start I think they are finally getting that people want to see personal feuds.

I dunno, I'm easy to entertain, but I don't understand why, beyond the petty backstage politics aspect why it's bad.

It's because nobody who posts on the first page of the discussion thread is allowed to like anything. It's a rule.

Nikki cheated to win and celebrated her ill-gotten gains. Charlotte gets a rematch at the PPV with no way out for Nikki. Aside from the Steph Alignment Flip what are people complaining about?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I wonder if the crowds will manage to become even deader for Diva poo poo now that there's no real reason to care about getting the belt off Nikki.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

I wonder if the crowds will manage to become even deader for Diva poo poo now that there's no real reason to care about getting the belt off Nikki.

there's no baseline because nikki hardly ever defended the title once they started counting down to the record on air

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I can't believe Cesaro was buried and lost to Zack Ryder and got future endeavored live on TV just like every week, I can't wait for him to join the Bullet Club

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
WWE is doing the same thing with the Divas Revolution as they did with Emma's debut: "Here she is guys! Like her please! What? Why isn't she over?"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Baal posted:

So is this what Raw's been for the whole year?

Whenever I periodically decide to watch Raw it's always this or aggressively mediocre.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

zakharov posted:

It's because nobody who posts on the first page of the discussion thread is allowed to like anything. It's a rule.

Nikki cheated to win and celebrated her ill-gotten gains. Charlotte gets a rematch at the PPV with no way out for Nikki. Aside from the Steph Alignment Flip what are people complaining about?

CarlCX posted:

No, in a vacuum you're not wrong and this thing in itself isn't so bad.

Outside of this vacuum, this is a thing the WWE has been doing a lot--this weird misdirection where they hype something up as very important and then deliver an unsatisfying finish. You don't even have to go down memory lane to pick it out; within the last couple months we've had Ambrose's fake title win, Rollins/Lesnar end in Undertaker interference, the big Rollins/Cena match end over a Jon Stewart chairshot, the Undertaker/Lesnar BIGGEST THING EVER rematch end because a referee screwed up, etc. The Nikki/Charlotte Dusty finish ends up feeling bad because, yet again, the WWE hyped a thing as an important and conclusive moment only to pull the rug out from under it and assume people will care more about the rematch later. It's the kind of thing that doesn't matter when you do it sparingly, but they do it so goddamn much that it ends up being more noticeable than the storylines they're trying to further.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like Nikki Bella and I sleep restfully at night knowing she's the champ.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

DynamiteKidd posted:

I can't wait for him to join the Bullet Club

Same.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I can't wait for them to make a metal mashup of the Stardust theme for Cosmic Wasteland.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

zakharov posted:

The title match at NOC is going to have less heat now imo, as there are now less stakes and also the same match that has happened less than a week ago

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
They were never going to pass up the opportunity to break the record even though nobody was forcing them to talk about it.

I just wish Nikki HAD been defending the belt over the last few months and did the Honky Tonky Man thing where she was the sneakiest most cowardly heel champ ever, that would have at least put some more heat on this match and the NoC match.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

oldpainless posted:

I like Nikki Bella and I sleep restfully at night knowing she's the champ.

- John Cena

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tato posted:

No, no it does not. They're overexposed and awful at their job of being heels because they can't stand not being the center of attention and getting face credit for anything that goes right by accident on RAW. They should have been long gone at this point.

There was a long running storyline for like a year of WHO CAN BEAT THE AUTHORITY and it turned out the answer was "No one. No one can loving beat the Authority." John Cena's team of stupid idiots did it based on Dolph Ziggler going super saiyan and pinning five guys at once and also having Sting show up, and all of that miracle made them go away for almost a month before they took control again stronger than ever and punished the poo poo out of everyone who opposed them. Then everyone, wrestlers included, stopped caring about beating the Authority. Then the Authority stopped caring about protecting the guy they sacrificed everything to put on top. This is after they stopped caring about the LAST guy they worked so hard to put on top at the expense of everyone else.

Now they are just kind of there. We're in the world that exists after the bad guys totally win and everyone just kind of shrugs and goes on about their business.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Somebody mentioned flowcharts in last week's thread, and I felt it necessary to look them up. http://4thletter.net/2012/02/the-flowcharts-of-destruction-undertaker-and-kane-explained/

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Xerzes posted:

Somebody mentioned flowcharts in last week's thread, and I felt it necessary to look them up. http://4thletter.net/2012/02/the-flowcharts-of-destruction-undertaker-and-kane-explained/

And then Team Hell No, and then Kane unmasks again, and then Business Kane.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Xerzes posted:

That particular flowchart/article was created by PSP's very own Gavok!

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Where are we on Seth's nazi sympathies and Vince in jail for murdering Superfly's girlfriend by the way

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

StarkRavingMad posted:

There was a long running storyline for like a year of WHO CAN BEAT THE AUTHORITY and it turned out the answer was "No one. No one can loving beat the Authority." John Cena's team of stupid idiots did it based on Dolph Ziggler going super saiyan and pinning five guys at once and also having Sting show up, and all of that miracle made them go away for almost a month before they took control again stronger than ever and punished the poo poo out of everyone who opposed them. Then everyone, wrestlers included, stopped caring about beating the Authority. Then the Authority stopped caring about protecting the guy they sacrificed everything to put on top. This is after they stopped caring about the LAST guy they worked so hard to put on top at the expense of everyone else.

Now they are just kind of there. We're in the world that exists after the bad guys totally win and everyone just kind of shrugs and goes on about their business.

HHH = Kefka. This is the World of Ruin.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

We're in the world that exists after the bad guys totally win and everyone just kind of shrugs and goes on about their business.

But what about wrestling?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

21 Hoot Salute posted:

i think that was matlock actually

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

zakharov posted:

HHH = Kefka. This is the World of Ruin.

Triple H doesn't quite have the laugh down yet.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gavok that article is loving killing me, oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

21 Hoot Salute posted:

oatgan posted:

i think that was matlock actually

It was gavlock

• Locked thread