Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

WRT to DBZ movies vs Other Anime Movies. Toonami used to show them all while I don't think any Naruto/Bleach/OnePiece movie or whatever has been broadcast on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Me and my friend gathered what money we had when we were 10 and 11 and walked though a lovely neighboorhood full of projects to get to a Japanese videostore and buy a DBZGT disk and the fucker said we were 10 cents short so we had to walk all the way back home to find a dime and do it again.

It was the one where they tried to kill Baby before he was born. Goku, Pan, and NoTrunks used regular ki blasts. It might have been the same one where Baby possesses Goten and then Gohan and beats up Piccolo before settling into Vegeta.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CX3ESEQ?psc=1

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Yes, thank you. This is something that every child needs.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They also make SSj Goku, Saiyan saga Vegeta and a combo Pan and GT Trunks from what I saw.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Do they have pay streaming sites in Japan? Because I and most other people I know consume most of our anime through places like Netflix, Funimation, or Crunchyroll compared to DVDs. Maybe it's the same over there.

bandai channel, d-anime store, some individual per-channel ones, nico carries anime, and a bunch more that i dont know by name. nearly every anime is streamed but they don't do simulcasts, its usually a week after it airs or so. this is mostly useful for people who live outside the places where anime airs.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I remember Piccolo re-fusing with Kame and going toe to toe with Cell and thinking "gently caress yes, he's gonna be the biggest badass again." One whole episode later, he's just as useless as everyone else again.

Also, Cell's first form was kickass, I hate that his two other forms looked like clowns in pope hats.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

grittyreboot posted:

I remember Piccolo re-fusing with Kame and going toe to toe with Cell and thinking "gently caress yes, he's gonna be the biggest badass again." One whole episode later, he's just as useless as everyone else again.

Also, Cell's first form was kickass, I hate that his two other forms looked like clowns in pope hats.

he was already the biggest badass considering he'd demolished dr.gero like the day before after getting his energy drained, something which vegeta was apparently incapable of doing.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42rPdnzxARc

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

My favorite part is that you can see the reference shot of SSJ4 Vegeta, not Goku.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

My favorite part is how it does not remotely look like Goku.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Why does he have 2 doors?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Piccolo is cool

Did he get anything to do in the Super or the new movie?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Piccolo is cool

Did he get anything to do in the Super or the new movie?

He beats up a bunch of mooks along with the other Z Fighters and then beats the toughest not-Frieza dude

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Largepotato posted:

because he got fridged

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

He beats up a bunch of mooks along with the other Z Fighters and then beats the toughest not-Frieza dude

Except Gohan does it for him because he can't handle a dodoria-strength opponent anymore.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Stairmaster posted:

Except Gohan does it for him because he can't handle a dodoria-strength opponent anymore.

That guy probably went through Freeza's 4-month hell training. But Piccolo had it covered, Gohan just wanted to show off in front of Freeza.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
http://titan-workshop.com/index.php/2015/09/18/more-dbz-fever-as-japan-builds-a-real-life-android-18/

So it's come to this. I need to go talk to Mr. Popo about getting swole af

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Largepotato posted:

That's Cousin Fridge.

e: beaten, kind of

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

So this is how it all ends

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Alright DBZ thread I have a very important question.

Is Krillin better with hair, or without hair?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Alright DBZ thread I have a very important question.

Is Krillin better with hair, or without hair?

better with but everyone else is worse when he has it

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

krillin is better as a police officer

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Six star ball krillin is best

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

krillin is the best no matter what (hair is loving sweet though)

play krillin in budokai

meditate on krillin, focus your ki on his coolness, and become krillin

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

today's episode was good, cept there was funky animation when goku was powering up in space. his head is way off model and makes him look like he's one of those sd chibi characters

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

goku finally becomes jesus

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Aurora posted:

I really wish that Toriyama would just create a group of enemies with different power levels to let all the heroes have a fight. It doesn't always have to be just 1 superbad.

Let Goku/Vegeta take on the top guy, but have piccolo and whoever else fight equivalent enemies elsewhere. Maybe throw a bit of plot in it that isn't [bad guy wants to blow up everything] just to keep it interesting too.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Kin posted:

I really wish that Toriyama would just create a group of enemies with different power levels to let all the heroes have a fight. It doesn't always have to be just 1 superbad.

Let Goku/Vegeta take on the top guy, but have piccolo and whoever else fight equivalent enemies elsewhere. Maybe throw a bit of plot in it that isn't [bad guy wants to blow up everything] just to keep it interesting too.

The premise of Bojack Unbound or Cooler always bothered me in that regard, here's these varied fodder minions that can be utilized so that everyone can have a chance to shine but nope lets have Goku/Gohan kill all of them near the climax easily.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SirDrone posted:

The premise of Bojack Unbound or Cooler always bothered me in that regard, here's these varied fodder minions that can be utilized so that everyone can have a chance to shine but nope lets have Goku/Gohan kill all of them near the climax easily.

Didn't all the Cooler minions get killed by Piccolo, including the last guy?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, but Cooler's Minions were exceptionally incompetent.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

SirDrone posted:

It was even worse during Tree of Might. Everyone got embarrassed but Goku.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
More often than not these movie goons just get plastered by Goku or whoever the second strongest at the time is.

Dead Zone - Killed by Goku and Piccolo
World's Strongest - Killed by Goku
Tree of Might - Killed by Goku
Lord Slug - Killed by Goku and Piccolo
Cooler's Revenge - Killed by Piccolo
Meta-Cooler - I mean, I guess all of the Meta-Coolers count? So killed by Goku? Idk
Super Android 13 - No real goons in this one, but I guess 14 and 15 count, so killed by Vegeta and Trunks
Broly - Lol
Bojack - One killed by Trunks, two more by Gohan, and Bojack kills Zangya

Goons p much stop happening after Bojack, but goons were never used well in the movies. They're more often than not there to be nuisances to the cast and then the main character kills them all or the second strongest dude kills them while the main character fights the bad guy.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I like the Super Beerus/God fight better than the movie version. It even has some stuff we've never seen before, like Goku smashing the giant energy ball.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

SirDrone posted:

Hey now, at least Trunks got to shine in that one, if only a little bit

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Yeah but it was against Tenshinhan. As a kid, I always thought it was bullshit he bothered going SSJ for that fight.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Professor Wayne posted:

Yeah but it was against Tenshinhan. As a kid, I always thought it was bullshit he bothered going SSJ for that fight.

Hey, Tien ain't no fool. Super Sayian or get punked.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

No I mean he killed one of the mooks. He was the only one who got to kill a mook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

actually you're bullshit, sorry

• Locked thread