Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Elfgames posted:

Hell no he isn't he had to fight off the subway guy to get it.

Phrasing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Aurora posted:

Hopefully Super doesn't introduce yet another villain who can just regenerate from all wounds

eh in practice though that isn't really all that different from frieza just being too strong to hurt

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

when this is over, vegeta will be crying like a little bitch

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Namtab posted:

Goku never had a rad theme is why

faulconer will forever be ok because of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2JjjSKh6jM

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

watching resurrection F again

still owns

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

One thing that bugged me some about the Cell Saga is how Goku was only slightly weaker than Cell after choosing not to train anymore after the initial less than a day in the time chamber. If he had decided to train more, even if he didn't reach SSJ2 he still probably could have made enough of a difference to defeat Cell (he had more than a year left in the time chamber). Actually, why didn't Vegeta/Trunks achieve the "full power super saiyan" thing prior to the Cell Games? They figured out what Goku/Gohan did after they came out of the chamber and then supposedly went back in themselves to train, so I'm surprised they didn't also train in the same way. It was also kind of strange that Gohan, who should have been at least as strong as Goku in his SSJ1 form, was getting owned by Cell (whereas Goku could fight evenly with him until getting worn out). Then again, DBZ has never really cared much about consistency.

Regarding Gohan getting owned, I like the scene where Piccolo is like "your son doesn't enjoy fighting like you and is scared right now" and then Goku has this look of utter terror at the huge mistake he has made. I like how they made it clear that what Goku did was really stupid and wrong, and how (at least) one of the Z fighters would have died before Gohan went SSJ2 if not for Satan throwing Android 16's head.

I understand the concept behind the appearance of SSJ4, I just think it looks really goofy for them to become all covered in fur and get a thick mane of hair. Dragonball has always seemed light-hearted first and foremost, but the SSJ4 form (and SSJ3 also for that matter) gives this "omg this guy is so fuckin hardcore (linkin park playing in the background)" vibe.

while we're on the topic of cell one thing that bothers me is that yeah, goku basically fights him to a standstill then loses by putting all his bets on the kamehameha finishing him off. cell wins but barely.

then he fights gohan and after gohan goes ssj2 he goes MWA HA actually i was holding back this entire time! i mean he still gets chumped but does that mean he was loving around with goku the whole time? is that why he was encouraging goku to take a senzu bean, bbecause he was still actually holding back?

idgi i mean it kind of makes goku's whole fight meaningless

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

eh i more meant scenes like where cell is panting for breath but smirking because he knows he's winning don't really seem to match up with him revealing he was actually holding back this whole time

i get that goku couldn't win, that's pretty obvious

or maybe i'm just griping, who gives a poo poo really

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Covok posted:

I think the point of the Goku fight was two-fold: give the audience what they've been waiting for and establish Cell is above Goku thus, later on, establishing that Gohan has surpassed his father when he beats Cell.

Yes this was outright stated. The point that seems weird is cell clearly being exhausted by the time goku gives up and gladly eating a senzu (pretty much acknowledging he was worn out) then going well mwa ha I have yet to actually fight at my FULL strength like if that's true then why did you need a senzu and well there we go I've put more thought into it than toriyama did

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ruggington posted:

toriyama didn't think about the padding scenes that they put in to stretch out the anime

WELL HE SHOULD HAVE

I didn't realise that was padding that makes sense

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Darko posted:

That's not really how it works, though like I said. If he's just sitting there, he's not boosting his stats because that's what Goku does. He would have put 100 points into "defense" if he saw Freeza doing something, but if ChiChi clocked him over the head from behind, he'd get knocked out.

see also, krillin breaking his face with a rock

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Batmasterson posted:

Not only has it never worked, but the user is always completely shocked that it failed.

against perfect cell i don't think he was particularly shocked that it failed, you could tell he knew he was hosed but was throwing anything and everything he had left into dying on his feet

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Covok posted:

Was Raging Blast 2 any good?

i thought it was the best of the games available on 360 for what that's worth

and they did work pretty hard to make some fights an actual challenge - as tien you fight imperfect cell, and he regenerates both ki and health insanely fast and hits a metric fuckton harder than you do. it's possible to win it but i've only managed it once without using items to nullify his regen

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

HD DAD posted:

That was the hardest I've laughed at DBZA in a while.

Goten disappearing had me dying.

yeah i thought it was pretty blah until this bit. redeemed

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

uh so are they ever going to release the episode?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Jiro posted:

Disagree, it was very funny. Along with what happened to Mr. Satan and his red smear.

Yeah I can see how redoing what was a very tedious part of the show with the same jokes was a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Negrostrike posted:

Man, you're all annoying overanalyzers and don't deserve good things.

Just as well that episode wasn't good then.

• Locked thread