Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like Dragon Ball, and most of its various spinoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Xenoverse is OK, it just needed less RNGs and more Super Janemba taking over worlds. That's a cool dude, Super Janemba.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Covok posted:

Xenoverse would be better if it cribbed more from Heroes and was full of what-if bullshit. That and the races being more legit and everyone getting some transformation. Also, yeah, less RNG and less Super Armor.

I agree. My favorite part of any DB video game is the What If stuff, with BudoTen 2/3, the Shin Budokai games, and even Ultimate Tenkaichi all being stellar in that regard. While some Parallel Quests in Xenoverse have that charm to them, and the Broly/Bardock chapter qualifies, I was annoyed at how little there was.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Covok posted:

Imagine if one Parraell Quest was being ambushed by Majin Bojack, Majin Garlic Junior, and Majin Super Jenamba with Adult Gotenks being your ally?

All right, Covok, I will imagine it. In turn, please imagine the ramifications of Cell, the ultimate bioandroid, finding the Big Gete Star instead of that chump Cooler.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The balls are inert.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Here's a list of the DBZ movies and their villains, with ripoff status as determined by me.

Dead Zone- Garlic Jr- fairly Pilafish in look, I don't know enough about DB to know if he stole a plot too.
Worlds Strongest- Dr. Wheelo- haven't seen this one
Tree Of Might- Turles- Design is of course Goku, plot is pretty basic alien invasion. Let's say Saiyan Saga 2.0
Lord Slug- Lord Slug- basically just Piccolo Daimou; yeah?
Cooler's Revenge- Cooler- Namek 2.0, acknowledged in film
Return of Cooler- Meta-Cooler- Mecha Frieza notes, basically just another Cooler movie.
Super Android 13- Androids 13-15- Similar to Cooler above, this is not trying to be anything but More Androids, plus some Cell.
Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan- Broly- Anime Hulk. Basic shonen stuff, really.
Bojack Unbound- Bojack- very Cell inspired with the tourney and SSj2 Teen Gohan
Broly: Second Coming- Broly- Sequel; this time the A-team is not around.
Bio-Broly- Bio-Broly- Bio-Broly.
Fusion Reborn- Janemba- obvious Buu influences
Wrath of the Dragon- Hirudegarn- big scary space monster.
Battle of Gods- Beerus and Whis- basic shonen "oh no he's beyond our power! Oh yeah new power!" like in every arc.
Revival of F- Golden Frieza- It's Frieza again, new Super Saiyan forms, yep.

This is off the top of my head and it's been years since I've seen most of these, so feel free to disagree. I'm not counting RoF, Cooler or the Androids as ripoffs because they are more just continuations of the main story. Garlic, Janemba, Bojack, and Turles though? Little ripoff.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Turles: what if Goku was Vegeta??? Wouldn't that be weird???
Also now that I think about it he has to compete with Raditz and Ginyu-Goku. Turles: third best evil Goku.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Fusion Reborn is my favorite of the older movies. It has a really good villain in Janemba, a good mix of action and comedy, Gohan sick owning Frieza, Adolf Hitler, and a really cool ending move in the Stardust Breaker.

Other ones I enjoy are Bojack, Wrath of the Dragon for the Saiyaman parts, Broly 1, and both Coolers. I'm glad RoF perfected the "oh no our actual relevant fighters are gone so let's desperately stall" thing I loved from Broly 2 because Broly 2 is not so good.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Is Broly 1 worth watching?

I know some of you guys are raging Broly fanboys, but is the movie actually any good?

It's basically 40 minutes of SSj1 (all) Goku, Gohan, Sword Trunks, Vegeta and Kamiccolo bouncing off the Anime Hulk with some plot around it. Take from that what you will.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I need to rewatch Android 13 again. The last time I saw it, it was on tape. Basically the only thing I remember is Goku getting punched in the dick and that cool arctic stage from the games.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also it's because Janemba and the Anime Hulk (but not Turles) are both cooler stronger and better than all of the Narutoes and all the Bleaches stacked together, imo.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

My first exposure was one of those 3 episode VHS tapes that was SSj Vegeta vs Android 18. Boy did that make watching the Saiyan Saga kinda confusing.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah anime prices in Japan are super nuts apparently. I remember hearing recently that some big show; Madoka I think, was only being released as a series of $70 2 episode discs, of which you had to buy 13.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Do they have pay streaming sites in Japan? Because I and most other people I know consume most of our anime through places like Netflix, Funimation, or Crunchyroll compared to DVDs. Maybe it's the same over there.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

They also make SSj Goku, Saiyan saga Vegeta and a combo Pan and GT Trunks from what I saw.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Future Trunks does not seem like the kind of person who wants to or is capable of fighting for fun. Dude is conditioned to just stop threats due to his Circumstances.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's almost as scary as...teh ocean...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

canoshiz posted:

To be honest I don't even have a recollection of this part occuring in DBZ. I was really confused when I watched Kai last year.

Until you (and Farecoal) mentioned it I had forgotten about it too. I always remember her convincing Frieza Soldiers that giant crab eggs were dragon balls, but forgot about her constructing the universal translator for FrogGinyu and then trying to frantically play charades with Gohan. Namek! Lotta things happening.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Gohan and piccolo Potara fusion for maximal b-team.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The terrible metal is critical to the anime hulk experience

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Speaking of cool video games, the new fighter for 3DS drops in two weeks, so that's something.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I can't really say I ever noticed the music too much personally. I can't remember it ever affecting my enjoyment of the product.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Dragon Ball Heroes: now our stupid OCs are canon and we refuse to be stopped.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Thing is, from the dimension hopping, we all know the way to make Gohan cool and effective. So what they need to do in Super is get him back to Mystic level, then chop one of his arms off. Badabing, relevant Gohan.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Where is upcoming Heroes character Super 17 (Golden Frieza Absorbed) on that chart? 32?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Smart money would have his antenna sticking up between Cell's horn. Also Frieza's tail. Just an incredibly complex head area.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I am like 99 percent sure that's from Budokai 2.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Oh. Well anyway, Budokai 2's variety of new forms and methods were good. Super Buu could absorb like 8 people, Tien and Yamcha could fuse, as could Goku and Hercule. High five Budokai 2.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If I'm remembering correctly you go see Bulma in West City and she's like "yo I invented Super Saiyan 4" and then you fight Omega Shenron because???????

Maybe I am confusing that with Goku's other sidequest where you fight Broly for some reason instead of Kid Buu. Budokai 3 was weird.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is the best dbz game. This is correct.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So 2.5 times as strong. Assuming his (old) 100% final form also went up 2.5x, he could...almost handle 17 or 18? Sound right?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm pretty sure 100% Frieza at 120M and SS1 Goku at 150M is canon? Isn't it? I know Trunks at 5 is.

E: I think that was from a Kanzenshuu. Are those canon? Are they secondary canon? Am I taking crazy pills?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Covok posted:

The important thing to know is Freeza got stronger than Goku in SSJGSSJ by training for four months, but got killed by the energy drain. Trying to put exact numbers to it, especially when the creator clearly did not care, is kind of obsessive and nerdy.

Oh no, I wouldn't want to appear nerdy when discussing children's cartoons on a paid anime forum. That would ruin my reputation at the yacht club.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Because Gohan's a chump and in one million years of trying could never be as cool or good as Vegeta much less top-tier Saiyan Warrior Future Trunks?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also piccolo deserves an assist for final form Frieza by getting murdered while the Spirit Bomb charged.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I hope those splinters are implemented in the anime because I love tournament arcs. I think they're great. I gulp them down!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Raxivace posted:

The dub better localize it as Super Cyan.

Actually the term is Blueper Saiyan or Nakama

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Actually in that universe Broly would not have been driven mad by Goku and thus would be the Good Hulk, protector of the Galaxy.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Is this the same snes rpg where you can sneak Chiaotzu onto Namek and trick Ginyu into changing bodies with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm going to play it. What's it called.

• Locked thread