Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The correct answer to the poll is checkboxes saibamen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Elfgames posted:

Uh gohan is awesome and cool and he should preform fusion with future trunks and they could be future adult gotenks and it would be rad.

Gohanks

Go hanks

In on mobile but pretend I inserted a king of the hill screenshot here

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Wasn't the Vegeta spirit bomb super weak though, on account of Goku getting hosed up mid-charge and losing most of it?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Pureauthor posted:

human Vegeta

come again?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Largepotato posted:

Why does he have 2 doors?

because he got fridged

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Raxivace posted:

What I'm really saying is that Trunks should have been a robot.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Fusion owns and I hope we get an episode with Gogeta and Gotenks double-father-sonning it up.

Then the moms can fuse into Chilma (chill ma get it ahhaha) for the ultimate metafamily slice of life episode.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Kild posted:

Goku is not your dad.

you take that back

goku is my dad and he loves me and everyone else on this planet

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

so who's your favorite space warrior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozM3Chgvq-o

super warrior, super warrior of space, w/e

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ytlaya posted:

I looked up this movie on youtube and the soundtrack seemed to consist of this constant, awful, nu-metal. Like, it was seriously some of the worst music I've ever heard. Is that the actual soundtrack, or was the guy who recorded the video just listening to terrible music while doing so? It never even matched what was going on; it was like they just decided to play some tracks of this terrible music in the background and call it a day.

i mean i think the pantera song they played at the moment Broly transformed at least vaguely fit the mood, but beyond that... yeah i can't watch any of those movies with the US soundtracks.

Yet another point in favor of Dead Zone and World's Strongest (and i guess tree of might, though that had issues of its own obv)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I've said before I like Faulconer's score when heard in isolation/used appropriately, but when they shove it into every second of silence in the show and mash them together randomly it gets really loving old and irritating. As repetitive as DBZA's use of the japanese/Kai scores can get, it's still less monotonous than the faulconer soundtrack as used in the actual show.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

HD DAD posted:

That was the main complaint back on the forums back when they were releasing new dub episodes back in 2000-2002. The music was constant, and I think I would have been more okay with the Faulkner score if they used periods of silence appropriately.

Though we all knew it was going to happen, this led to them completely butchering Gohan going SSJ2.

I genuinely thought people were over stating it until i went and rewatched the unabrdiged Freeza fight a while back, it's seriously fatiguing to listen to.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

LORD OF BUTT posted:

so there's a fan dub of Super going on

it's actually not too shabby, the VAs they used sound pretty close to the Funi ones, the only issues are they didn't use a raw for their source (so there's still subs that sometimes don't match what's being said) and the audio quality is not great

cool, anyhoo

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Namtab posted:

Goku never had a rad theme is why

um
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH_CcJ-uBWI

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Enourmo posted:

Fusion owns and I hope we get an episode with Gogeta and Gotenks double-father-sonning it up.

Then the moms can fuse into Chilma (chill ma get it ahhaha) for the ultimate metafamily slice of life episode.

e: gohan can fuse with, i dunno, tarbles or w/e his name is

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

in the year 2015

vegeta saved anime

thanks vegeta

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

boy i'd sure love to watch the episode but the site is being fucky on my chrome

keeps popping up dialog boxes saying i need to update flash (just a bit weird considering), then it loads the video player just fine but then the whole page times out about 5 seconds in

anyone else having this issue?

E: APPARENTLY THE SECRET WAS BITCHING

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 1, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ImpAtom posted:

It's the latter. The joke is that he is hilariously absurdly ridiculously strong but it never matters because nothing can challenge him and his origin story is "pushups, situps and plenty of juice."

So it's literally an entire show of the Z fighters trying not to nuke the strength testers/other competitors at the budokai in the buu saga.

Awesome.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Elfgames posted:

Goku doesn't require much money for food he fishes giant fish and hunts dinosaur and has his little vegetable farm for crops. at most they need to buy like rice and seasonings.

Have you seen how much this man eats? If anybody can go broke buying rice and seasonings it's Goku.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

reignofevil posted:

Plus who brings the Senzu Beans? Yajirobi.

thanks mr bean daddy

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Alright , so Beerus and Whis = beer and whiskey.

Champa obviously = champagne but where does Vados come from?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

sharktamer posted:

Vados is a girl so she's probably named after a flower or something.

e: Is Calvados typically stronger than whiskey? Champagne is usually stronger than beer though so that idea is thrown out anyway.

For all we know Champa is twice as strong as Beerus; I know in one of the movies (or Super i can't remember which) Whis said that Beerus wasn't the most powerful destroyer god in the multiverse.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

projecthalaxy posted:

was the original writer employed by toei

yes

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Kelp Plankton posted:

Krillin being the first human to join the Galactic Police would own

he would get to be the Goku to all his Galactic Policeman buddies' z-fighters at long last

krillin is commander shepard confirmed

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

That stretches the definition of "fan film" just a bit, having the original actor and all.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

projecthalaxy posted:

Toei doesn't understand Dragon Ball, Toriyama doesn't understand Dragon Ball Z, only I can fix it.

and thus there was absalon

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

sharktamer posted:

Yeah the last half of the Beerus fight was complete needlessly drawn out dogshit. I hope you enjoyed Super being good and fun for the last few episodes, it's about to become poo poo again.

hey man maybe toei won't gently caress this one up

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

If you can't find humor in Darth Piccolo and that heinous ozaru transformation in Evolution. ..

...you've probably got good taste in movies tbh

I watched my friends' :filez: copy and I still wanted my money back

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 5, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Speaking of DBZA, fully half of it is gone from youtube now. Guess toei doesn't wanna play nice this week.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

jivjov posted:

Doesn't YouTube still do the thing where if people report a video for a copyright claim, it gets temporarily taken down?

Could just be disgruntled people, not Toei?

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by TOEI ANIMATION CO.,LTD"

It's either them or trolls acting in their name.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

They have now, dunno how long it's been up but #17 is Broly 1.

faker edit, dammit ya snuck past me.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Squallege posted:

Never seen a character power up so hard they burn out before

well i mean technically that's what vegeta did when he self-destructed

not quite the same thing though

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Baal posted:

It truly was exciting to also have Cell die like five seconds later so there was no point to any of that.

5 seconds? the loving beam struggle lasted like 3 episodes

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Gildiss posted:

Vegeta and Goku eating pizza while floating in a featureless void.

projecthalaxy posted:

Maybe inject himself with Buu cells or something.

see this is the kind of hilarious madness i expect from my drgons ball

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

A Steampunk Gent posted:

it even practically identical to how the iconic Jotaro-Dio fight plays out in JJBA, or was Dio's max power form 'wasted' by his soul exploding five minutes later?

if cell had become that fabulous when he came back you might have a point. beauty like that justifies its own existence however ephemeral.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cerony posted:

Hey have any of you seen DBZA for Canadians? Taka mentioned it in the latest podcast and it is pretty darn funny.

i have to wonder what they think about dbza in japan

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Momomo posted:

Kinda scratching my head on this one. Other than Cell and Freiza, who really did this? I don't think Toriyama made pretty boys popular.

Buu did it too, going from Fat -> Super (skinnier, though ripped) -> Super w/ gotenks/gohan absorbed (still ripped but now with normal nose and pretty-boy face -> kid buu (twink universe-killer)

plus i mean just freeza alone is pretty drat influential

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Covok posted:

What will heroes do when it runs out of combinations? Will we see a wave of fantasy fusions? Like, really, really crazy fantasy fusions?

Goku fused with Bulma?

Vegeta fused with Beerus?

Krillin fused with Yamacha?

fusion2

gogeta fuses with gotenks to form super saiyan god super saiyan 3 gogetenks

who then splits into gotu and vegunks

adn then poo poo gets weird

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

RickVoid posted:

Shame about all the negative points he gets for all of the genocide.

Well, to be fair he gets a share of the credit for killing Buu and saving the universe, so that wipes some red off his ledger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Kild posted:

when saiyans live 100 years they grow a 2nd tail

finally they will be able to learn how to fly

just like miles "tails" prower the magical kitsune (a kitsune is a magical fox)

at last dbz will pay tribute to sonic the hedgehog and the super sonic form toriyama ripped off from them

• Locked thread