Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Enourmo posted:

Wasn't the Vegeta spirit bomb super weak though, on account of Goku getting hosed up mid-charge and losing most of it?

Yeah, but the spirit bomb was intended to kill Great Ape Vegeta, not human Vegeta, so Goku probably thought it would still be enough.

Edit: Bye, old thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Enourmo posted:

come again?

humanoid

humanish

thing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think my favourite part was Supreme Kai being forever useless.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Darko posted:

The dodonpa was developed directly to counter the kamehameha as well, so an "equal" dodonpa would overpower the kamehameha. It's kind of like how Piccolo already had a kamehameha styled attack, but developed the makankosappo specifically to trick/overpower Goku.

The attack that takes like a minute to charge up properly?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

New Leaf posted:

My Xenoverse human kicked the poo poo out of both of them. If I'm remembering it right, Whis gets beaten and has to retreat, it's actually kinda unsettling, like he's never been beaten before and doesn't know how to react and sounds genuinely frightened.

Really? I recall that if Beerus is on the field when Whis he'll grumble that if Whis wanted to be lazy and tap out he could at least put on a more convincing act.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hjalmar posted:

I don't understand how anyone doesn't like Dragon Ball Super.

(please do not explain to me why you don't like dragon ball super)

Everything is dragged out way for too long and the animation is subpar.

And before you say that that was how it was in the DBZ anime too, yes, I know it was. I don't think the DBZ anime is worth watching either.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It doesn't actually take a lot to hurt people in DBZ. Krillin was able to create a technique which (barring goofy Cell filler) can obliterate dudes many many many times above his level. He could have killed Nappa with it despite Nappa being able to step on his face effortlessly and was even able to wound Frieza. Ain't no reason someone else couldn't figure out a similar thing.

Yeah, but if it works like that you usually need to do something to emphasize that this attack does work differently than all the other ki attacks. They had the whole shebang with Nappa standing there thinking he could tank the hit until Vegeta yelled at him to get out of the way and Nappa got his cheek cut for his troubles.

The ring laser lacked any of that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Onmi posted:

For the record it's been about 4 years since Buu, Buu takes place in Age 774, and BoG took place in Age 778

Pretty sure Super retconned that to Beerus showing up just after the Buu saga.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

So, what makes a hat a trucker hat, specifically?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

DBZA Goku'd humour comes mostly from how the rest of the cast react to him.

Most obviously with Gohan being increasingly fed up with his dad's poo poo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think Beerus' relative lack of sadistic menace + Goku and Vegeta not really taking Freeza seriously have a lot of people not remembering that large parts of Dragonball involved some seriously awful people.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Darko posted:

So we know most of team Universe 7 now:

Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Buu
The mysterious strongest person Beerus ever fought, who isn't Whis

Some more funny things in there:

Vegeta suggested putting Gohan on the team because he has the most potential, but Goku says all Gohan wants to do is study now and not fight, and to just let him do that and not get involved. Vegeta made it so the tournament needs people to pass a written test to join so that mindless monsters don't join. And it has Budokai rules.

Is... is Piccolo actually going to be relevant again?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

...Okay that actually annoyed me a bit. I'm glad Piccolo is in but you can't just take Gohan out of it, he's loving Gohan! The guy who beat Cell! The main character during important parts of Z! The strongest being alive on Earth at the end of Z! I get that Toriyama really hates Gohan now, but this is just...

You can't make Gohan the new Yamcha, seriously. This is just wrong. And loving Buu instead of him is ridiculous. I don't care if there's an explanation in-manga, it's still bad writing. Even moreso when Vegeta is absolutely right.

Well, by Resurrection 'F' he's reduced back to SSJ1. Buu would stomp all over him without trying.

Furthermore, this isn't that serious a deal. Even if they lost the only thing that changes is Champa gets jurisdiction of Earth instead of Beerus, and he's not gonna destroy it either given how much he loves the food too. Gohan might not see the big deal.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

How involved is Toriyama with writing Super anyway?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It's kind of sad that the rest of the universes' food is apparently so utterly poo poo that Champa and Beerus think cup noodles are something worth getting excited about.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I predict one of Champa's reps is going to be Bardock.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The reason this tournament exists is because Champa's universe no longer has any humans in it (and thus no one to make him any delicious Earth foods), so don't get your hopes up about seeing any of the humans being powered up or relevant.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

TFS at least are also clearly padding stuff out because they want episode 50 to be the grand finale of the Cell arc.

edit: right, episode 60. My bad.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 23, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I mean, RoF had some wonky pacing so maybe it could indeed stand to be extended.

Then again 2/3s of the movie is fight scenes which will probably end up being boring as heck.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well movies had her playing Superhero with Gohan for a bit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

I liked the last chapter, it was fun.

Why did Vegeta lose his tail again? Yajirobe only cut a small bit and Goku and Gohans tails grew back multiple times.

Because Toriyama and remembering details have never gotten along.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Dragon Ball Super's summary back when they confirmed it 8 or so months ago was that after they got through the movies, it'd lead into the characters exploring "Universe 6", so the space travelling "GT" like aspect is something we've known for quite a while. The execution is the real determining factor into whether or not the series will suck, nothing wrong with trekking through the stars.

They're meeting at a predetermined location to punch each other, not really a trek.

At least, not yet.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

We need Cell to come back and combine his Golden transformation with his SSJGod transformation.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

XboxPants posted:

Who or what is a zunou?

A new character who's supposed to know pretty much everything about the universe.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh man, the expression on Piccolo's face as he's holding Gohan.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Baal posted:

That sounds really lovely

What sound lovely?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

"Guys why are they making my favourite character look bad and not a total badass"

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Real. Dude forgot stuff all the time.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Super seems to be making it feel like Vegeta is actually stronger than Goku right now though, which is nice.

What did they do that gave you that impression? I must have missed it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Am I misremembering or didn't Frieza completely no-sell the Kaio-Ken x20 Kamehameha?

Weeeeelllll he kinda burned his hand blocking it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Given the dude consistently made the final forms of his bad guys big, buff and growly I'm pretty sure he never really got Toriyama's own design aesthetics.

Still, he made Janemba, so 1 out of 13 ain't bad.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

If Toriyama remembered that Zenkais were a thing after Goku got Dende from Namek the Saiyans would have a spent the week beating the poo poo out of each other and healing and then smashed Cell into a bloody smear on the ground of the Cell Games.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You're arguing about consistency in a series where Goku ascended to God-level and got OHKO'd by a ring laser.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Uh... is Vados' head supposed to look like that?

Edit: Also didn't we just finish the Frieza arc? Why do we need more Friezas

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I don't really get the love for Dead Zone.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Even with Super Buu the strongest versions of him have him looking noticeably slimmer than his initial appearance.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Goku glimpsing SSJ2 in the RoSaT is indeed anime only.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I really really want to see their take on Broly.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

with the exception of a few things (goku being a dick and not bringing videl the senzu bean and the way they throw gohan under the bus at the eleventh hour after all that build up to his awakening), the buu saga is pretty much perfect for what it is imo

Gohan's fate was sealed the instant he chose his next powerup to be achieved via sitting on his rear end for a day.

That is no way to cap off a story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

The "spirit bomb turning people good thing" makes even less sense when you realize that that both Vegeta and Freeza were hit with, and didn't exactly become model citizens afterwards.

Well Vegeta did. It just years and years and several severe cases of backsliding. Then again the Spirit Bomb he was hit with was a tiny-rear end one at a fraction of the power.

• Locked thread