Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No it was bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The new Abridged Series episode was pretty flat for the most part too

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Covok posted:

He is still the only Mystic user in the Universe...even if he forgot how to use that in Resurrection F.

Truly a legacy Gohan has surrounded himself with

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't like Dragonball xenoverse

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Xenoverse isn't a bad game, it's just the best DBZ game we won't have because most of its content is locked behind RNG Hell and it doesn't do enough with the time traveling shenanigans concept.

I don't understand why everyone who makes a DBZ immediately must go to the tried and true beyond it being familiar, but I eat that goofy what-if stuff up and want to see a lot more of it than I did. Please take from Heroes for a potential sequel and go loving crazy Dimps.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

tien's wife isn't even hot

Uh I'm sorry, lunch is incredibly attractive

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A terrible microwaveable pizza from the break room vending machine and some ginger ale

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Your lunch sounds better than mine, AB

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We Gotta Power is better than Cha-La if you actually want to bring up a good Japanese DBZ theme

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cosmo's right tho

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, but if you like watching huge mclarge beat up the dbz cast it can fill up an hour pretty decently

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cooler 2

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah p much, Bojack's a pretty bog standard DBZ movie and there's nothing in it worth really seeing it for except the opening 10 minutes of the tournament.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darko posted:

Mr. Satan got to save the day again as well.

I forgot what Mark Satan did outside of being the best in the opening 10 mins of the movie

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, but Cooler's Minions were exceptionally incompetent.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
More often than not these movie goons just get plastered by Goku or whoever the second strongest at the time is.

Dead Zone - Killed by Goku and Piccolo
World's Strongest - Killed by Goku
Tree of Might - Killed by Goku
Lord Slug - Killed by Goku and Piccolo
Cooler's Revenge - Killed by Piccolo
Meta-Cooler - I mean, I guess all of the Meta-Coolers count? So killed by Goku? Idk
Super Android 13 - No real goons in this one, but I guess 14 and 15 count, so killed by Vegeta and Trunks
Broly - Lol
Bojack - One killed by Trunks, two more by Gohan, and Bojack kills Zangya

Goons p much stop happening after Bojack, but goons were never used well in the movies. They're more often than not there to be nuisances to the cast and then the main character kills them all or the second strongest dude kills them while the main character fights the bad guy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean that is kinda what happened

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I went to the TeamFourStar panel at AWA and I like Cell a whole lot more as a character when he's running for president or playing the straight man to other crazy people as some of Takahata's jokes would have you believe. Also KaiserNeko talked about how hosed he was coming out of high school and over the last almost decade met some of the most amazing people he's ever met and made really close friends and appreciated the huge fanbase he has and I legitimately thought he was about to cry, it was pretty touching.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Goku's an alright father

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The last YYH arc is so bad, omg why togashi

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would like it if Yusuke's lovely dad drama was never a thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He also gets dragged into a fight he is not ready for and nearly dies

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Amorphous Blob posted:

Kurama is a nice boy who loves his momma, just like Cool Trunks.

Yeah they should hurry up and write Gohan out of the picture if they're that determined to make him a nerdy house husband. Give Big Green more screen time(and don't make him chump to a Freiza goon what the gently caress)

My biggest problem with RF is that every character just feels like a loving nerd except Beerus and Whis who aren't even involved in anything in the movie except that strawberry sundae and making the ending terrible.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Didn't they also introduce a rival for Hiei who ended up being a love interest too? That last part is weird as poo poo with how much it was trying to do.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kubo can draw a whole lot of nothing, but he can be a really fantastic artist when he wants to be. Togashi is really bad, like it's amazing he's been drawing for so long and his art has never really improved.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would have to assume he doesn't see a point given that a lot of bleach just sort of rushes by in fight scenes and whatnot. So it's not like anyone's going to realistically care and he's not wrong because the only people that really give him poo poo for it are western internet nerds.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's fine for DB, but DBZ pretty quickly dropped the martial arts stuff in favor more laser beams through dudes butts

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just hurry up and give me Jaco episodes in english and I will start watching Super again and feel like RoF was justified.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

But Champ is in the other universe!

Who is champ?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Covok posted:

Fat Beerus.

:tem:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Brody grows up to be the hero. He marries Chichi, trains under Roshi, fuses with Vegeta, has two sons named Brohan and Broten and all is right with the world except he can barely fit inside his own home.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's just sort of the cherry on the "Freeza is an idiot" icing that is coupled with him seriously thinking Vegeta wanted back in on his army. It was funny, but it's a pretty flaccid ending to that fight.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Honestly I was expecting the ending of Resurrection F to really suck but in practice it worked okay. Vegeta still got to be rad, he just needed Goku's help. That's kind of a running theme of the movie- they're both strong on their own, but they need each other to be unstoppable.

He needed Goku's help because otherwise the world gets blown up is insanely stupid and for a running theme it sure only has any real meaning at one part of the movie since Vegeta's effectively sidelined and Goku doesn't actually need his help nor vice-versa to beat Freeza.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

The point was because of their individual flaws, they both hosed up at critical points, just in different ways.

I know what the point was, it's just poorly handled is what I'm saying. Both of them had the villain dead to rights and the only reason anything went poorly is because of stupid contrived laser ring and Freeza ragequitting, which are terrible ways to show they hosed up at all because both are not within their power to stop unless they were supposed to gangbang him from the start and then there's no movie.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

Goku could've stopped the ring by not being a laid back dumbass and killing Frieza quicker and Vegeta could've avoided the planet blowing up by not being too slow about how he did it and killing Frieza quicker.

It's got nothing to do with gangbanging and everything to do with when you've got the loving shot take the loving shot

Why the gently caress does the laser ring work on Goku who is omnipowerful god as far as Freeza's tech is concerned? That is an actual stupid thing considering the dude has been hit by far worse. I like how you bring up Vegeta not killing him faster when literally nothing about the situation changed and Goku coming at Freeza somehow put Freeza in the exact same place you're accusing Vegeta of. It is not the movie reprimanding Vegeta for not killing him sooner because Vegeta didn't do anything wrong, it is the movie trying to punish Goku because he didn't kill Freeza sooner so it can make its dumb point on Goku's character. Freeza didn't do anything wrong by DBZ logic when he just freezes up as Goku dives at him and it's treated as if Goku learned a lesson, so Vegeta actually played no role in his own punishment because that is not about him.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah the team up thing is never really addressed and seems more of a set up for a future movie or maybe early groundwork for super. Because even taking into account how F died they really weren't working as a team.

Yeah, this is what I figured it was. The team up thing does not play a large part of the movie, because the movie is half an advertisement for super and half up its own butt.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I know. I'm not saying the movie doesn't say that, I'm saying the movie is full of poo poo by saying that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now see that's just rude, the guy is sleeping.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darko posted:

People have posted stuff to counter you, but just to type out the reasoning; Goku's "default" durability is higher than a human and can block bullets, but that's about it. Ki works like the sliders at the beginning of a RPG where you pick your character stats, only they adjust them constantly, on the fly. If they aren't currently putting any "points" into defense, either by letting their guard down (Goku) or by putting most in speed or something (Gohan rescuing Vegeta from Cell's blast), then they're vulnerable.

It's dumb. It literally came from the exact same direction that Freeza was in who Goku was looking at. The idea that Goku not being on guard 100% of the time while being in God Mode somehow makes this lovely little laser work on him is really stupid and takes any sort of tension that the scene could have out, because it just makes Goku look like an idiot and not in the typical sense. Which the movie is trying to do, so congratulations on that, I guess.

-Fish- posted:

I've decided I'm pretty much ready for Xenoverse 2. It comes out tomorrow right?

I'm surprised we've gotten 0 Word on the possibilities of a sequel, but Dimps might busy right now so it's not happening any time in the near future probably.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Squallege posted:

Koala guy and crew have a machine that will regenerate a dozen pieces of Freeza into one complete with armor and underpants. Who says they can't make a laser that'll actually hurt somebody as tough as Goku? It's magic space technology who cares?

It matters when the villain is beaten and you need some boring contrivance to turn the tide in his favor and extend the movie for another 10 minutes. There's a million better ways to do that scene and make your point but "Goku gets hit by lovely laser from fat freeza goon and farts and dies" is not one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rirse posted:

Is there a reason why Team Four Star keeps wasting their time doing the unfunny Final Fantasy VII Abridged over Dragon Ball Z?

Takahata is the one who puts it together iirc, Kaiser is the one who handles DBZA.

• Locked thread