Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
It's because DBZ hit when most fans were kids, the movies were played a ton and, more importantly probably, there are so many Dragon Ball videogames that feature movie-only characters and retellings of the movies and whatever that it's way easier to remember them, while every Naruto or Bleach video game I've seen sticks to the shows/manga without dipping into movies or even filler most of the time, with two or three videogame-original characters sometimes.

That's actually another thing about it, really. The story modes of most other anime video games, in my experience, tend to be shorter original stories instead of the retellings of the story of the show (with some what-ifs and other fun stuff) that Dragon Ball games are almost exclusively. And, unlike newer shows, almost every Dragonball game that people have actually played was released after the manga was finished and the movies were (mostly) out, which is probably a big reason for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
Champ(r)us

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
Donations through Patreon

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
This is my Dark Determination

(Pretend I posted the tail pulling pic)

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

Akumos posted:

What the gently caress is with the power levels in super? How is Hit not just instantly evaporating from Goku at this point? It's been implied he's not as strong or increasing his strength but just improving his ability, yet he can still take hits from someone who should now be stronger than Beerus if kaio ken makes any sense? This series is so confusing lmao

It's a logarithmic thing. Even though Goku and Vegeta are 8's and Beerus is a 10, a 9 is worth 10 times as much as Goku or Vegeta and Beerus is 100 times as strong as them, but if they worked together it could make up the difference due to the difficulty of fighting two opponents at once

it's powerlevels I don't gotta explain poo poo

• Locked thread