Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
My first Dragonball Z tapes my brother got from a local comic convention had Fusion Reborn (which is awesome), part of later half of the Cell Games, and the part of the Frieza Saga where they use the spirit ball, Krillin dies, and Goku goes Super Saiyan. This is still back when it was still in the endless Raditz/Ginyu loop so these were all fansubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SirDrone posted:

The premise of Bojack Unbound or Cooler always bothered me in that regard, here's these varied fodder minions that can be utilized so that everyone can have a chance to shine but nope lets have Goku/Gohan kill all of them near the climax easily.

Didn't all the Cooler minions get killed by Piccolo, including the last guy?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shindragon posted:

Speaking of removing openings. I am assuming Rock the Dragon was removed because of licensing basically? I have the Blu Rays and man it feels really weird hearing a generic rock track for the opening.

Granted can be fixed by putting it Japanese and Cha La Head Cha La plays.

Which is weird since the movies do use Cha La Head Cha half the time, with others not having a song or the generic song you mentioned.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can we get a Piccolo tag as well?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I love it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man I didn't know Resurrection of F comes out on Tuesday on bluray.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a reason why Team Four Star keeps wasting their time doing the unfunny Final Fantasy VII Abridged over Dragon Ball Z?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Farecoal posted:

But yeah the movie is pretty good until the fusion happens

And the movie ends on a high note with Vegeta and Piccolo fishing on a iceburg.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Huh that's exactly what I thought as well. Shame he went into Broly mode and lost all traces of his personality

Echoing everyone else, it's impressive how they made Goku being punched in the dick, an act which is intrinsically funny, even funnier. rip Goten

e: Probably a lame brit joke no one else would get, but it's funny how The Doctor's theme plays for Trunks as he draws his sword and then gets immediately trashed. No weapons indeed

Yeah sadly that happened in the dub too, with 13 being mega southern and then being mute upon hulking out.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rudoku posted:

Time Patrol Goten still doesn't make sense. Or at least how buddy-buddy he is with TP Trunks.

E: Oh God, he's the fighter Trunks wished for in Xenoverse!

Maybe this version of Goten is from a world where Vegeta never got revived, so Goten never got to grow up with his best friend.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I tried to watch it last year, but stopped after Trunks got married to Namazu for some reason. Considering the point I left, that was the canon ending for that series.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Burkion posted:

Pilaf and crew are still children, and of course Goku can go SSJBlue, so GT couldn't be more non canon if Toryiama walked outside, dropped his pants, and shat on it.

Plus there stuff like Supreme Kai splitting from Kibito too.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Dr. Gero can apparently create souls for artificial beings!

This was the case even in Dragon Ball Z, since Android 8 got blown up by Kid Buu, but was there at the end when Earth got revived.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That episode was the last one I watched for GT. So the canon ending of GT is Trunk got married to Namazu and Earth got blown up.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rutibex posted:

I thought they were only invincible when focusing their Ki or whatever. Lots of times Goku gets caught off guard and his body seems pretty close to human levels of actual physical endurance. Krillian threw a rock at him once, and he was a super sayjin and it hurt him because he was taking a nap, and of course Sorbet shot him with his space laser pistol.

That would always explain how Krillin was able to blast a hole through Vegeta's chest when he wanted to get a zenkai.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rutibex posted:

This is good news, those early episodes are fairly terrible. Though, I would rather they just press on forward. The Cell Saga is the lamest Saga, I would really like them to get to the Buu saga, there is a lot better material there for them to work with.

When SSJ Red Goku fought Bearus, it was said their battle could destroy the entire universe. When Goku fought Golden Frieza as SSJ Blue, at full power, there was no such problem. SSJ Red is clearly on a different level, SSJ Blue is just a linear upgrade like SSJ4.

I am the same way, but maybe they probably kept the master copy of the videos around, so they only need to update the voices and lip syncing, which would mean it wouldn't take that long to make compared to the new episodes.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This is a dumb request, but anyone got that picture showing Goku getting a spirit ball from a Limp Bizkit concert?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I think that power level is actually the old man in the corner.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Darko posted:

The BoG arc has a couple of good things in it, like the first half of the Goku/Beerus fight that fleshes out a few things better, and chef Vegeta, but yeah, the movie is generally better.

Also it has Super Saiyan Videl.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Chichi is a rare example of a Japanese made female character who wears more clothes the older she gets.

Think Rosa from Final Fantasy IV is the only other one I can think of who falls into this category.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I knew it was fake because they always post these on their website a few days in advance, and that didn't happened this time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mordaedil posted:

It wasn't "Dargon ballz" that caught you on?

Wow I didn't even pay attention to the video name.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I have no source on this so get your salt ready, but I did read elsewhere that Toei are very happy with how Super is doing and seem to want to continue Super well past the 100 episodes rumoured at the beginning of its run. It also does great ratings.

Basically, there's certainly going to be plenty more arcs to come and Beerus will definitely at least have to train to stay ahead or straight up lose to Goku at somepoint, I agree.

The "future-related" character is almost surely Future Trunks, probably in his time patrol role? I can't see it being Bardock or Cell (I love Cell too much) but I always expect the worst of Dragonball and enjoy not being let down too much.

You know, if it's Future Trucks as a Time Patroller, then I wouldn't really mind if Xenoverse is the next arc.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Cross posting from the 3DS thread.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's the first trailer for Dragon Ball Fusions, the fanfiction RPG by Ganbarion (Jump Super Stars/Ultimate Stars, Pandora's Tower):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTstud1EE18

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rutibex posted:

So does this mean Goku could escape the phantom zone? There goes Supermans trump card.

Of course, I mean Buu got out of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, a empty void with no door out by screaming.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

visceril posted:

Japan is huge on continuity. Nothing can change, ever. Which is why Bearded Grandpa Goku has the same voice he did as an 8 year old.

It probably also why whenever the VA dies, the character gets retired. I know this is what happened to Col Campbell, as the Japanese VA passed away so the character got retired from future games.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If that means more weird rear end looking aliens then bring it on. Just hopefully not yet another Frieza.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I imagine after having done this before, they probably wouldn't wanting to spend a ton of time on redoing this one anymore so they could work on other movies/episodes.

This was pretty funny, not as strong as usual. Did like them making Wheelio not be evil.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Plus five minutes is just them talking about other stuff going on with Team Four Star

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Raxivace posted:

I believe it was established last year that today is actually Goku Day.

Don't fall for Black Goku's lies!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Wow. Racist.

We don't even know what Black Goku looks like yet. Far as we know he just Goku wearing a black suit and white hair.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

So pretty high odds that future trunks will go SSJ Blue during his new arc right

I wonder if he's going to just stick around this time or if he'll go home again. If the future got worse than it was then he's got to be like the only person of consequence left alive

Plus he could be an older brother to himself

I honestly curious if his hair being light blue isn't a goof and he is always in SSJ Blue mode now.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lupus Rufus posted:

Hahaha. Well, hopefully she will get conceived soon enough.

You know with people mentioning Trunks coming back, I wonder if this is the point they introduce Bra.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pureauthor posted:

Official site is getting hammered. I guess lotsa people are interested.

Actually a bit surprised that they didn't show any Super content in the trailer.

Imagine that is saved for DLC since Super is moving so fast they probably didn't have time to get it modeled for the game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

JohnnyCocksville posted:

I know I sure am. None of these new forms or moves matter in the long run. Nobody is going to get THAT much stronger and heres why: Super is all filler in setup for the series most memorable antagonist, General Rilldo.

Not to defend GT, but wasn't Buu physically not that strong, but it more of his insane regeneration and limitless energy? Still a dumb statement by Goku through.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mikedawson posted:

Further behind on Super than everyone else (around episode 28), but my Dragonball headcanon is that Frieza loving loves eating live crabs and while training ate nothing but live crabs.

Seeing this and your custom title, I like to imagine Sonic was the one serving crabs to Frieza.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wouldn't be surprised we get Plan. We did get that second Bardock special that not even dubbed yet.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
First season of Dragon Ball Z is free on the Microsoft store. Think this covers all the Saiyan Saga.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/tv/dragon-ball-z/season-1/8d6kgwzlcsk9

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Didn't GT have some random henchman for scientist who created Baby is said to be stronger then Kid Buu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder how that Zamasu guy will play into all this.

What I am thinking is he is controlling the corpse of Goku from Future Trunk's time, using it to get it powerful enough for him to use the earrings to merge into one being.

• Locked thread