Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I cast my vote for stupidity and greed. Release the crocs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

SomePacifist posted:

Just how inbred are those crocs? Actually, who cares, let's be lizards.

beyond hapsburg levels. things are gonna get kooky once we start taking some space radiation and have to roll on the Genetic Damage Chart

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Peebla posted:

That's why we need a sexy and practical electro-jaw extender. Goof food, good fights, and our captain will look fine as hell wearing a jaw extender. Plus it'll make up for our unfortunate mandible devolution over the past however many millennia.

this was my idea right here. We should equip our captain with The Chompers just in case we get into any hand to hand fights. they're also useful for other things not related to chomping

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
i think we should eventually make our way to the Forge. if memory serves, there's a hidden shipyard there with really cheap, good poo poo. then again we are playing as the crocs so the space radiation might cause some mutations

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Peebla posted:

Definitely need to roll in and let them know the new name of their planetary system has a K and fewer vowels than they originally thought. It would be easiest to warn them about the armada following us, but since we still have full energy and relatively low crapulence I suggest pretending to be gods and seeing if we can snag a useful item or crew member on a quick fly-by while we plot a course to ANY AREA OTHER THAN THE FORGE. Don't care how lucky you might get, don't gently caress with Disco (Dicko) space if you aren't playing as the brobots.

Cut their planet in half if we need to in order to get some fresh loot. Use our ship upgrade if we need to win a sensor or shield cloacal roll.

instead of burning a use of the cloacaing device on an early encounter, we should save it for grifting the poo poo out of the Forge before the Disco Alliance knows we're there

either that or we could use it to steal now and then dick around getting geckos drunk and then eating em

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
i'm liking all this talk of destroying KRLOUS utterly i've been hearing tossed around lately

another thought i had: these dudes fired nukes at us which means they have an unstable nuclear isotope in abundance for raw materials. we should get some of that (properly shielded of course) and use it to replenish out energy in some way

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Becrux. We should burn energy to get there faster in hopes of avoiding any Disco Alliance ships and finding the hidden shipyard before they do. Of course if we run into DA ships we can use the cloacaing device or have a dance-off for rights to travel through the system

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Xelkelvos posted:

If all else fails, we should be able to escape into The Forge. I remember playing as DA and heading there thinking I could get some sweet upgrades given the name. I was wrong. It's basically the hardest path for DA to go through there.

oh, that could gently caress with us pretty hard too. it just fucks with the Alliance way worse

i don't remember all of the "going through a spacial disturbance" table but it was somehting like

for every day spent exploring a Spacial Anomaly, roll 1d20 on the following table

Note: If you are playing as the Disco Alliance, you must add 4 to every roll. If your result is greater than 20, subtract 20 from the result.
If you are playing as the United States of Humanity and your result involves Space Madness, please roll on the Insanity and Altered Consciousness table.
If you are playing as the Catte Empire and your result is negative, increase your "Mutiny" score by 2.
If you are playing as the Caiman Republic and your result involves a fluctuation in "Energy" levels, please roll on the Genetic Damage and Mutations chart.

1-3: Nothing happens.

4-6: Your ship and weapons are recharged. Reset your "Energy" level to the maximum score and reset all cool-downs to zero days.

7-9: Your ship takes minor electrical damage. Lose 50 Energy.

10-12: Strange visions afflict the crew. Make an immediate Space Madness check.

12-14: Your ship takes major electrical damage. Lose 100 Energy.

14-16: Your ship and weapons are supercharged. Reset your energy level to the maximum score +50 energy. All of your weapons and special weapons fire automatically, but all cool-downs reset to zero.

17-19: Roll twice on the table. Both results apply.

20: I forget

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Gilganixon posted:

Yeah it's something like that but it's on 3D6, because these games are all about probability curves. I'll scan it in if we get exposed to the radiation. It's very bad for the crocs but only if you care about your crew, which seems unlikely.

ah, right, it's 17-18: roll twice and 20 never existed, which is good because my stupid brain made me think it was 20: all results happen in order which would be just plain nuts

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Benedict for crew member

have sugarbear scan ironjaw's room.
I bet he doesn't even have royal blood or any titles and is therefore not inbred and has big terrifying jaws and is a svelte murder machine

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
we must attempt communications with the disco alliance, preferably via disco song titles honestly, the caimans like to get down and party just as much as the bots., and if they're in The Forge then their poo poo might be getting wrecked just like ours is about to. perhaps we can become ad hoc allies and then grift em later when we're done with them

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
initiate contact by blasting Saturday Night Fever at them

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
dance off. use a valet to do it so if it doesn't go our way we can just say he acted on his own and eat him

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Nation posted:

dont think we can use a valet now

i think this falls under the purview of communications so we can still use Donald Plover in like a "weekend at bernie's" type scenario

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

IIRC that's one of the possible outcomes, yeah, although it's more goth than emo due to the time period (the virus is called "the Cure" :allears:)

:perfect:

changing my vote tot his

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Spencer Digby von Ragetooth, Third Lictor of Thrax for weapons. Dude is bloodthirst personified

chance for everyone else

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
on second thought, I'll throw in another vote for Sir Raymond for engineer, considering his back story. should be hilarious

so my vote is like

Spencer Digby von Ragetooth, Third Lictor of Thrax for weapons
Sir Raymond Luxury Yacht for Engineer

chance for the others

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Obscil posted:

Send captain, Spencer Digby, Luxury Yacht, and some slaves

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

assemblyrequired posted:

C'mon guys, obviously we need to turn our old crew into martyrs and whip the current crew into a caiman blood rage, thus making them more effective at everything they do. Well maybe not more effective, but certainly more passionate. Then we take the energy, the loot, then pilot that gundam to our blood soaked victory among the stars

better to parade them around as cyborg freaks than kill them.

rescue crew. steal discolink

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

JohnnySmitch posted:

I vaguely remembered my older brother being obsessed with this game back when we were kids, so I stopped back home and dug through some boxes in the basement hoping I could find a decent copy of the book. Unfortunately, rats had gotten into most of the boxes and ruined everything. All I could salvage was one unchewed (but piss-soaked) little bag with this guy in it:

I had TOTALLY forgotten that they produced a small run of pewter [-colored plastic] miniatures to go along with the deluxe editions. Kinda bummed I only found the one, but it's pretty lucky that it ended up being our current captain!

never knew these existed. that thing is sweet and truly captures the soulful essence of our brave captain

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Eat the delicious Space God

Putting our baser urges aside to humor a machine, or even putting our baser urges aside for the long term good of our civilization just doesn't feel right.

We have a prime cut of meat just floating in space and we have a great victory to celebrate. Sure, we had two parties so far, but they were both rallying/morale parties. This would be our first celebration. In Caiman culture, the two parties have different names and are considered completely different things.

And if there's no bonus for hitting every possible party along the way as the Caimen, there sure as heck should be.

there's about 12 different occasions for parties in the caiman culture, each with its own unique style. there would be even more types of parties if caimans weren't so stupid and unimaginative

also interface with Universo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
take it slow our captain needs some down time after all that regulatin

• Locked thread