Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Exciting! Going to app a Halfling Dwarf once I get my head around the rules.

edit: dwarf and halfling already got, maybe I'll try an elf

edit 2:

quote:

My people have seen tyrants rise many times.

Since the Old Days, the Mist Days, the days after the Star Fall when the cities of my people fell from the skies and came to this world. First, the City of Glass by the sea. Bannos, the Shaped Forest. And my home, Cohlkuz, the City of Basalt.

In all this time, however, no tyrant has lasted so long and has burned such a swath on the world. Upon the kingdoms of men, upon the deephalls of the dwarves, upon the freeholds of the halflings, there has never been such a scourge, such a burning brand of tyranny and ignorance as the Betrayer.

And so my people awaken, the oldest people, the Children of the Stars. We have begun to stir once more, reading the omens in the heavens that were once our homes. We have once again stoked the engines that even we barely understand anymore and gird ourselves with the weapons crafted worlds away. Our soldiers and our creatures of war, altered from those of this world so many years ago, stand ready to aid those of this world in war.

quote:

Who are you, and why did you want to join the Fellowship?

My name is Parlabane, of Cohlkuz, one of the Great Cities of the Oldest People. I am a hunter and envoy, experienced in diplomacy and battle. I wished to join this Fellowship because unlike many of my people, I have spent much of my life outside of the Great Cities and have known many people of the Younger Peoples. These people cannot be left to their own devices. While my people make decisions and preparations, I wish to act sooner. We cannot wait for the schedule of the stars.

quote:

Why did your people choose you to join the Fellowship...

I was chosen for my experience with the outside and the Younger Peoples I have gained in my time as envoy. I have travelled far and seen much of the world outside.

quote:

...and what have they lost to the Betrayer?

Our cities are few: unlike the Younger Peoples, we have never spread out over the world and made it ours. Our cities, aside from Second, the New City, remain those that fell from the skies in the Old Days.
That is why the loss of Barqa, the City of Memory, struck us so deeply, so keenly. One of the Great Cities falling to the Betrayer was an act of violence to the Star-Children unlike anything in our remembered history. A crime. A blasphemy.
Unforgivable.

quote:

What will you protect from the Betrayer, no matter what?

Another Great City cannot fall to the Betrayer. We will not bow our heads, not we who are so old, and we will not burn, not before going to war as we have never before.

Parlabane, the Elf

Look: Indigo skin, sharp features, black eyes, white hair, spindly body, robes

Blood +0
Courage +1
Grace +2
Sense +2
Wisdom -1

Agenda: Elven Superiority- It is your duty to protect the lesser creatures

Elf Core

Elder Arts
When you call upon the elven power that humans sometimes call magic, choose a spell from below, then mark it. You cannot use a spell while it is marked. When you Fill Your Belly, remove a mark from one spell. When you Recover, remove all marks on your spells.

Camouflage: Becomes invisible and undetectable This lasts until you attack or decide to make yourself known.
Keen Sense: Ask a single question about your surroundings, and immediately receive a truthful answer.
Sense Magic: Immediately know what here is magical and where it is. If nothing here is magical here, you do not mark this spell
Whisper on the Wind: Send a message to anyone you have a Bond with. They will hear it whispered in their ears moments after you send it, and can reply of up to five words.
This move cannot be Shared.

Touch the World Lightly
You can safely walk on top of snow, across thin tree branches,
along precarious ledges, or on top of held weaponry. You can also runs along walls, ups trees, or across treacherous surfaces safely, although only for shorts distances Yous do not needs to roll to Overcome when performing these feats, although you may still needs to roll to Get Away.

What is an Elf?
Star Elf
Your people come from beyond the skies and your technology is highly advanced. You start with High-Tech Gizmos (2 Uses, Useful, Elf-Made) in your Gear.
Instead of burning any non-elf who holds them, Elf-Made items electrocute any non-elf attempting to use them without proper training, causing them to pass out where they stand.

Elven Custom

Elfsight
Your eyes are unnaturally good, and ou can see fine detail even through the darkest night or densest fog. When you Look Closely, you may study any location you can see, no matter how distant, as if you were standing right there.

Way With Words
When you Speak Softly to someone who respects or fears you, you may roll at +Grace instead of +Wisdom or +Sense. When you Speak Softly, you may also ask, “What do they desire most?” regardless of the result of your roll.

Elven Gear
Elven bread (Food, 4 uses)
Hunter’s bow (Ranged, Elf-Made, 3 ammo)
Puzzle-Pyramid (2 Uses, Useful, Elf-Made)
Traveling Obelisk (Twelve, A Mind of it's Own, Mobile Cover)
Beyonderhawk (Kuree, Go For the Eyes, Eagle Eye)
Knife of star-metal (Melee, Elf-Made) and an extra quiver (3 ammo)
Starheart (1 use, Elf-Made). You can Use this item to remove a mark from one of your Elder Arts.

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Mors Rattus posted:

Parlabane the Elf (Vulpes Vulpes): Your people stubbornly keep the schedule of the stars, despite your advice. They are not fools, though this may be foolish. Why do they do this?

We are an old people, and as such, we are steeped in tradition. However, given how far back our history reaches, we do not always understand them. We look to the stars for understanding, for knowledge that we or our forebears left there. We look to the stars for the guidance that brought us to this world, and also in the hopes that there are more of our kin out there.

We have always been told that the stars are our ancestral home and our birthright, regardless of how long our people have spent on this world. Is it any wonder then that some of us look to them for direction?

• Locked thread