Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Entering Alert Status

Shift pops in back next to the group just seconds before the alien patrol spots him. While he is not present for what happens next, the Reds savagely tear apart the area with weapons fire that is clearly audible from his new position. The aliens hiss and growl at each other in frustration, then signal their commander to heighten security.

Meanwhile, the group makes a mad dash forward deeper into enemy territory, eventually slowing to allow Shift to catch up. Charred and bleached bones both human and animal litter the sidewalks and make unstable piles this deep into Coalition held territory, some of them showing teeth marks from what were hopefully scavengers. Most of these remains are from the initial invasion, innocents blasted and burned to death without warning as they went about their peaceful lives.

Soon they slow even further as they discover signs of another recent Coalition patrol. Ernie spots the second guard post before the rest, a trio of alert looking Reds covering the approaches with their weapons. They even occasionally call out to each other to ensure their continued presence, as the Reds peripheral vision is poor, but their hearing is adequate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Fuel

Evie is quick to hold a hand up, signalling to the group to halt and hunker down out of sight. Three alert guards, and they lacked significant firepower outside of Mister Blanc. She turns and looks at her group, waiting for them to get ready for a fight or a work around.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Lilly

Are you kidding me, Fuel? I'm ALWAYS ready for a fight.

I nod towards Fuel from where I stand, as I tense up in anticipation.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Shift

Coming up to Fuel, he nodded with his knife and pistol at the two ahead of them. Shift raises his head and motions to the aliens with two fingers, You all take the two in front to distract. He motions with his fingers and hands, before jerking a thumb to himself, I take the one in the back after. He nods to the Fuel and looking at the rest of them. He was going to have to find a place for him to use as cover after, but beyond that, he could easily attack them.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Fuel

Plan confirmed, Fuel waits until the right moment to give the signal to attack.

Thought I'd just lay it out easy and simple here so everybody knows what is up. Lilly is to take one of the front guards. Evie and Ernie will take the second front guard, Ernie has Improved Grab so he can grab attack with one hand so Evie can continue to boost his conceal which takes a free action to sustain. Shift has the rear guard, and will wait until Lilly and Evie/Ernie are in combat to jump the Red so all three attacks are simultanious.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
That sounds good to me. Sorry I haven't posted in almost two weeks. Will be better.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Lilly

I give Fuel a nod to show that I'm ready.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You need an Interpreter Snake

Unsuspecting, the aliens are seized rapidly by the group and immobilized temporarily. Thanks to their quick tactics the Reds don't have the opportunity to call for help or reach their weapons but it's only a matter of time before one of them manages to shake off their human captors with their superior physical strength.

Okay, you grabbed them, now what?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Fuel

Evie makes a cutting motion across her throat with her thumb.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Lilly

This is what I've been waiting for so long, you have no idea. With a certain, murderous glee I apply pressure strong enough to crush rocks to this Red's neck while also punching him in the face to make sure he isn't doing anything stupid. And now... it's time to BURN.

Rolling +6 to hit, and +6 to damage.

Grab applies Chokehold, starting to suffocating Red. Ambidextrous negates off-hand penalty for attacking while grabbed. Not vulnerable while grabbing, and the Red takes -5 to rolls to attempt to escape my hold.

Perks that apply: Chokehold, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Ambidextrous.

With my Move action, I also activate my Energy Aura.

Get hosed, Red.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Nov 24, 2015

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Shift

Appearing behind the Red in the back, Shift doesn't even take more than an instant to sink his knife to the hilt in the throat of the rear end in a top hat that helped the downfall of his kind. They had stolen everything from humanity and Shift right now would steal the life from this grunt to exact a small payback for a nightmare that couldn't be possibly be paid for in blood. Using his knife quickly, the red's larynx never had a chance for a gasp of air again or to scream its last.

Using Close Combat: Knives +8 to slip the guys throat starting with the windpipe to make sure he doesn't scream.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Ernie

Well, this is an awkward way to fight.

Ernie moves toward the third Red while still holding Evie's hand. He's hoping to do the same thing as Lilly. He reaches out to get a hand on the Red, then attempt to grab his arm and use the Red's own weight to pull the beast off balance and toward Ernie, at which point he'll wrap the Red up with his free arm, choking the beast out.

Close Combat (BJJ) +11, Grapple +6, Improved Grab, Finesse Grab, Improved Hold, Fast Grab, Chokehold

xian fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 24, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Toasty

Shift uses a knife and Lilly fire, but the end results are the same, two dead aliens. The smell of burning flesh fills the air and contrary to popular belief, Reds do not taste like chicken, at least if the smell is anything to go by. Ernie merely chokes his into unconsciousness.

This leaves the group with a singular and unfortunate question, where are they going to hide the bodies? Although none of them have any personal anecdotes one way or the other, the Coalition must perform guard shift rotations periodically, if only because Reds do need to eat and sleep on a roughly daily basis much like any other living being. The presence of two clearly murdered aliens (possibly shortly joined by a third) greeting the next set of guards would set off alarms, almost certainly louder ones than an abandoned post, as outside of hunting humans, Reds seemed to have short attention spans and had been known to wander off post to shoot at birds or deface nearby buildings.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Lilly

"Haaaaah, that felt gooooooood. Oh, uhm, what now? I kind of didn't pay that much attention. Or forgot again. One of the two."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Shift

"Going to be hard to hide the smell, but at least we can hide the bodies. Not enough time to bury them, maybe just get them out of the way enough so there will not be any issue." Shift said knowingly, looking at the terrain trying to find a spot to drag them or at least move them so they wouldn't be found. this was the important part at the very least.

Using Guerrilla Tactics +7 to find a fast hiding place for the body guards.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Fuel

Evie helps move and hide the bodies. The faster they do this, the sooner they can hit their target.

Robodog fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 2, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Lilly

I join in, seeing as everyone's busy carrying the corpses. Not sure what the point of all this is but whatever...

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Ernie

"You can't," He addresses Shift, "uh, teleport them underground?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Fuel

"It would save us a lot of time."

Robodog fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 2, 2015

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Shift

"I might be able too, if there was something near, not sure if there is a cavern within distance for me to get too. These are about 200 pounds so I might be able too, I can hold a lot."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sorry for delays, had to buy new keyboard

The group starts to lug the bodies around looking for a nearby easy hiding place. They find a manhole cover and, with a bit of scrambling for a handhold on Lily's part, manage to get it open, revealing a disgusting mess caused by a broken sewage treatment system. The smell should easily cover up the eventual corpse stench, as it already smells like something died in there.

Dumping the bodies into the sewer with a sickening splash, the group replaces the manhole cover and continues on their way.

A tense hour passes on foot with no further sign of the enemy except for a single saucer craft lurching past overhead but gradually the streets become cleaner, rubble and refuse swept aside or piled onto driveways and sidewalks to leave clear paths for Whites and ground transport vehicles. In addition, a feel of unease falls upon the group, growing ever stronger the closer they get to their destination. As if a dark and terrible presence is slowly awakening to their trespass upon its domain...

At least two more posts from me before the holiday, promise.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Lilly

"Creepy... Does anyone else feel like we're being watched? You know, too quiet, and stuff..." I whisper to the others.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Fuel

"Too late to run now," Evie points out. "So suck it up and keep moving."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Shift

"Feels wrong, and is too quiet. Resistance should be getting worse, and I don't believe in good luck. They might be drawing us into an ambush." Shift said as he moved along the ground watching for enemy contact or any sign of an ambush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Ernie

"So, we need to uh, be alert. We're walking through enemy territory, and, ah, no matter which direction we go, we could be walking into an ambush." He nods to his Sis, "Nothing to do now, so we might as well keep going the way that, you know, we can get something done."

Per 10 to see if Ernie spots anything

• Locked thread