Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I feel it's the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
These were both better than that loving acapella episode.

I liked Vasily as a character

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
Wish Vasily's brief mention as being a scary dude had paid off a bit more, but I had fun w/ that episode.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

woodch posted:

Well, since no one else seems inclined...

The bonus episode last night seemed to be a little more fun than Monday's.

The previews for the courtroom episode looked so horrible that I skipped it completely. I'm guessing this was a good decision?

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

EricFate posted:

The previews for the courtroom episode looked so horrible that I skipped it completely. I'm guessing this was a good decision?

Meh, it wasn't bad. Just totally formulaic, and despite the little twists the ending isn't any real surprise.

Edit: I guess I've kinda forgotten why I started watching Castle... for the characters, not necessarily the "mysteries". But the contrived "apart but together" story device is wearing thin.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I started watching castle because it was hilarious. This season, however, has been unfun and full of contrived drama. And cyber nukes.

I dunno if I can be bothered to watch the last few episodes. I even forgot it was supposed to be coming back on air.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
There's stuff now that the writers thought would be hilarious but isn't. Like Castle's magical sarcastic pyramid: it was supposed to be funny but I just found it vaguely depressing because it meant Castle's own family and friends were so uninterested in his life that he needed a magical sarcastic pyramid just to have someone to talk to. Gauging by what I've seen on Tumblr, things haven't improved much, with faux adulteries and Castle getting slapped and shoved around for laughs.

That said, I might actually tune in for this week's, which has an interesting premise at least (though my hopes of it going into full-tilt "Saw" territory are likely to be dashed).

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I actually liked it. Without the contrived Locksat crap or the angsty separation, this kind of felt like an episode from one of the earlier seasons.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
This was a great episode in the midst of an awful season. I'm still watching this every week out of pure loyalty, but I kinda hope it doesn't get renewed, so I can watch something better with that 45 minutes instead.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Great episode. Only one I've enjoyed wholeheartedly all season.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Are you guys saying that the show is no longer on Monday nights?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just finally watching February's episodes (they nearly broke me) and oh man the woman trapped with Beckett in the last episode is hilarious. The survival instincts of a video game lemming. "Oh they left a pack of smokes in the kidnapper's hideout! WHAT COULD GO WRONG."

ED: I love how after I wrote this she proceeded to threaten to shoot people, thought Castle killed her husband and didn't shed so much as a tear or a scream, and then never said another word for the remainder of the episode. Actually that whole thing is dumber and dumber the more you think about it; I kept thinking she'd turn out to be the sister or something. What the gently caress was the point of doing a twins story and other bullshit if the other twin died off-screen? The whole episode felt like "Let's do the first 30 minutes a saw movie then just kinda stumble through a cliched ending" and yeah, I sadly do agree it's one of the best of the season in spite of that.

Maybe it's a lack of LokSat: The plot that is literally going nowhere, never was going anywhere and has been spinning tires since it started.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 28, 2016

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Skychrono posted:

Are you guys saying that the show is no longer on Monday nights?

I want to say they've been airing eps on Sunday and/or Monday nights lately, but I only watch via Hulu and can't be bothered to google it.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
They did a Sunday episode for reasons I'm unclear on, but aside from that it's the same day/time it's always been.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hijinks Ensue posted:

They did a Sunday episode for reasons I'm unclear on, but aside from that it's the same day/time it's always been.

Sunday episode was a Valentines Day episode.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
lol I bet all the old people who watch castle didn't like this episode.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
"We'll look at planes arriving the day you were shot and get a lead!"

Yeah, definitely not lots of planes leaving Los Angeles at any given nanosecond.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Watching last night's episode, and Beckett says "Well, we know the perpetrator isn't a psychopath, because the psych eval would've picked it up."

Ah, yes, because no one could ever fool one of those!

Also, I really want a hidden bar/entertainment area like in Castle's office.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Mar 22, 2016

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
The whole development of Castle's involvement in investigating Loksat or however the hell it's spelled during his missing time feels like a writer's retcon so that now both main characters are to blame for the lame storyline. Oh well, the show was fun while it lasted.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

I liked this episode and am glad Castle & Beckett stopped making the dumbest possible decisions around each other and "protection".

Here's to stopping LOCKSAT so we can A) get rid of Vikram and B) never touch this plotline again.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Good god, I hope that settles the retarded AI plot.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
I had been reading the posts here, but I was 8 episodes behind. My wife felt like catching up so I did over the last two weeks.

Aside from the TERRIBLE cyber nuke, the season was pretty inoffensive, and some episodes were tense in a good way. Still less humor than I'd like. Glad that my standards have been lowered so much!

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Apart from the terrible AI, I really enjoyed this one - felt like a good return to form.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

The AI thing is super, super stupid. Everything else in that episode was great. Always appreciate peaks into Ryan & Esposito's history.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Is my math wrong, or would the timeline established on the show put Esposito's secret relationship at some point in the early run of the show, or immediately before? They said it was 8 years prior, and the seasons have mostly passed in real time. Seems odd that Ryan and Beckett knew nothing about her.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

ShakeZula posted:

Is my math wrong, or would the timeline established on the show put Esposito's secret relationship at some point in the early run of the show, or immediately before? They said it was 8 years prior, and the seasons have mostly passed in real time. Seems odd that Ryan and Beckett knew nothing about her.

Well, to play Devil's Advocate, I think they said it was over 9 years ago. But to think that Espo being engaged has never come up in conversation--or that his family never mentioned it at one of their family dinner nights (that Ryan seems to know all about, and has clearly been to) is a bit of a stretch.

Meh... It's a mostly comedy police drama. I'm not letting facts or a timeline get in my way of enjoying it at this point.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I enjoyed the last episode. It felt like one from an older season, with Castle believing in something outlandish and consistently getting proven wrong. Plus the episode didn't have any super serious drama about Locksat.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Andorra posted:

I enjoyed the last episode. It felt like one from an older season, with Castle believing in something outlandish and consistently getting proven wrong. Plus the episode didn't have any super serious drama about Locksat.
It even had the requisite Star Trek actor cameo. All that was missing was the Firefly reference.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Speaking of Firefly, Jewel Staite is going to be in an upcoming episode.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

She must be in guest star world now that she just had a kid. She was just on Legends of Tomorrow and in Madison for ComicCon.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Uhh what?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/stana-katic-exits-castle-884785

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Interesting.

Call me crazy, but I'd give a Beckett-less season a shot. I've always been ambivalent at best about her character, and this season my feelings have gone to outright dislike.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

They should fire Fillion too and just do Martha & Alexis.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Kuiperdolin posted:

They should fire Fillion too and just do Martha & Alexis.

Don't forget Toks Olagundoye. I don't remember what her character's name is.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Fillion and Katic have hated each other for years. It's not by coincidence that the producers keep coming up with plots that keep them apart. I guess they decided they could only keep one, and the show is called Castle after all.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I wonder what sort of contrived plot they'll come up with for it this time and how much more hamfisted drama will stem from it.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Richard, Martha, and Alexis' mystery solving road trip across America. They forgot to bring their wallets so Beckett asks Esposito and Ryan to follow them; they always just miss them due to bumbling and hilarious mishaps but arrive in time to arrest the criminals that the Castles leave tied up in their wake.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Flagrant Abuse posted:

I wonder what sort of contrived plot they'll come up with for it this time and how much more hamfisted drama will stem from it.

Becket never woke up after she got shot in season three, the last five seasons have been a Jacob's Ladder situation.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Argue posted:

Richard, Martha, and Alexis' mystery solving road trip across America. They forgot to bring their wallets so Beckett asks Esposito and Ryan to follow them; they always just miss them due to bumbling and hilarious mishaps but arrive in time to arrest the criminals that the Castles leave tied up in their wake.

I'd watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Fillion and Katic have hated each other for years. It's not by coincidence that the producers keep coming up with plots that keep them apart. I guess they decided they could only keep one, and the show is called Castle after all.

ABC must truly be desperate for shows if they're sticking Castle in the lineup still after having lost 3 cast members (and two who've been around since the beginning) in 2 seasons. Just do a series finale and free up the Monday 10pm slot for something else.

• Locked thread