Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Pan Dulce posted:

I don't know HOW it happened so fast. I saw the actress during Comic Con this year and she looked the same, maybe taller. The short hair cut brings perspective, I guess.

I dunno, I hope they wrap up this noir-ish storyline of mystery wife Beckett and her life-threatening secrets that go DEEP being constantly tailed and lost by pining PI husband, Castle. It's just not the bright, funny yet gritty Castle I signed up for. If I wanted this, I would have watched Bones or NCIS.

I'm not a fan of this plot yet either, but holy poo poo we haven't even gotten close to how bad Bones has gotten. Bones had a cameo from Stewie from Family Guy. The cartoon.

It was a tumor.

And that was years ago. And it's gotten worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Andorra posted:

Every time I hear someone talk about how bad Bones has gotten they always use a different example, yet they're all insane.

Cyndi Lauper guest stars occasionally as a psychic. A legit psychic. The episode after Stewie guest starred, the entire episode was a dream Booth was having where the lab was actually a nightclub they owned, and Mötley Crüe guest starred as a band playing the club. Ghosts are real on Bones now, too. A killer once etched markings into a bone that, when scanned into the computer, ran a program that hacked the lab's computers. Hodgins lost all of his money from the same "hacker", and gained it all back again when he invented an unbreakable material and sold it for millions. This season will feature Betty White as a new intern. Her character will be really into Fantasy Football. This will become relevant to the case they're trying to solve that week.

Nothing I posted above is a lie. And I'm not even worried that I've used up all of the examples. I'm sure I could think of more if I tried. This is all just off the top of my head.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

GreenNight posted:

The best was when a major storyline in an episode was getting tickets to see Avatar.

And the intern who was most psyched to get the tickets to see Avatar was played by an actor from the movie Avatar.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Skychrono posted:

Beautiful. Beautiful.

Is it played straight? Or does it know it's dumb?

It's played totally straight. The Stewie from Family Guy bit seemed like it knew it was dumb, but then immediately Bones said, "You saw an animated character? That's not okay, I'm taking you to the hospital." And it turned out he had a tumor and almost died and it got super serious.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Doctor Butts posted:

I thought the first episode was bad and the second episode didn't help things.

I recognize that its pretty much Castle's M.O. at this point is to up the stakes in retarded ways for premieres, finales, and sweeps. However, this bullshit about keeping secrets/not trusting someone/hidden life is just overdone. It might as well be Supernatural at that point. I thought it was pretty clear that whoever was in charge of the show knew this too when they gave Castle amnesia.

It is episodes like these that just make me want to swear off the show entirely, because they make no loving sense.

The show, to its credit, is a lot more bearable when they aren't trying to grab ratings.

Doesn't the second episode not air until tonight? Did it air earlier somewhere?

Did I sleep through Monday?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Why did Alexis have a ring on her left ring finger?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

This episode was certainly better, and way more fun than any other this season. But I agree, I'm ready for the split to be over. It's forced conflict for it's own sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

idk every season (to my very unreliable memory) has a cliffhanger. It wouldn't be a Filion led show without it imo

Last season ended on a nice note, that honestly would have been the perfect series finale.

• Locked thread