Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Can you send me a copy of the gently caress girl comic?

Yeah, which one is that again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't know :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I don't know :(

Well there's no way I'm reading all of them to find out!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Can you send me a copy of the gently caress girl comic?

Mods...knew?!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Well there's no way I'm reading all of them to find out!

It was Home.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Yo Rhyno. Mind hooking a brother up here before next years Secret Santa?

#neverforget

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rhyno, you should exhaust your stock of Double Take by sending it to goons. Best BSS Post of the Month gets the poster a free copy of of Wee Blondie's Profane Zombie Truck, and Worst BSS Post of the Month gets a copy of any of the other Undead Jemas Comics 4 Smartphone on Paper.

:ideasguy:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Heh, if you guys want to cover shipping I will promo out some DT books.

HOLY poo poo.

DOUBLE TAKE.

D T

DARK TZITZIMINE

It all makes sense now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Squizzle posted:

Rhyno, you should exhaust your stock of Double Take by sending it to goons. Best BSS Post of the Month gets the poster a free copy of of Wee Blondie's Profane Zombie Truck, and Worst BSS Post of the Month gets a copy of any of the other Undead Jemas Comics 4 Smartphone on Paper.

:ideasguy:

Thanks, but I don't want free copies of the gently caress Girl comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Thanks, but I don't want free copies of the gently caress Girl comics.

OH YES YOU DO.

I'm putting a bounty out for Zoux's address right now and I'm gonna ship him all the gently caress Girl comics I can get my hands on.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
One year ago if I'd been forced to guess the premise of "gently caress Girl Comics" I would have been way off. 2015 has been a wonderful cornucopia of surprises.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Archyduke posted:

One year ago if I'd been forced to guess the premise of "gently caress Girl Comics" I would have been way off. 2015 has been a wonderful cornucopia of surprises.

We are truly living in progressive times.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Barnes and Noble getting in on that incredible Double Take success, because they are known for wise investment decisions

http://www.comicsbeat.com/barnes-noble-buys-76000-double-take-comics/

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

And then an old man crashes into the car with his tractor.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Santa Mario, NOOOOO!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dario the Wop posted:

And then an old man crashes into the car with his tractor.

So is this like a scam or a tax write off for somebody? Are they maybe using the company to front a money laundering operation?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

zoux posted:

So is this like a scam or a tax write off for somebody? Are they maybe using the company to front a money laundering operation?

Everything about Double Take just makes me think either Bill Jemas is a tactical genius who can bullshit so well he can get anyone to invest in his steaming hot turds and yet chooses to waste this talent writing nonsense comics, this is some sort of elaborate money laundering thing, or there is some country out there somewhere that his comics are catering hard to and we're just seeing what kind of comics are in demand in Transnistria or something.

Double Take is so weird and sketchy. It's a company that started as a subsidiary of a fairly large video game company, and none of the comics it makes has anything to do with the games. They in theory are in the universe of a dead film series but they have almost nothing to do with those films anyway. There's a deal to adapt one of these series into a film way too late to cash in on the peak of the zombie boom but also based on a book that nobody is reading and so nobody will be doing the free marketing for this movie. The company is headed by a guy mostly known for his incompetence and general (bad) weirdness, and has not changed. Barnes and Noble has now bought a bunch of issues of books from this company that don't sell well and keeps giving their poo poo out for free.

I don't know who I'd want to interview more out of this if given the chance: Bill Jemas to get confirmation this is a money laundering thing? Take Two Interactive to find out what Jemas has on them? Lionsgate to figure out if Jemas ticked them into thinking they were buying the X-Men instead of Z-Men? Barnes and Noble to ask how long they've been following accelerationism?:psyduck:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Heh, if you guys want to cover shipping I will promo out some DT books.

HOLY poo poo.

DOUBLE TAKE.

D T

DARK TZITZIMINE

It all makes sense now.

I'm game. I haven't even bothered to order any of the #1s at all.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

enigmahfc posted:

Oh my god, these keep getting better and better. There is no way this isn't just someone loving around and it somehow made it to publish.

The word bubbles and captions remind me of a Chick Tract.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Timeless Appeal posted:

The word bubbles and captions remind me of a Chick Tract.

Makes me think of some sort of surreal Far Side calendar sitting on an office desk

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013
I'm v tempted to get the second issue of swearing girl, I just have to know what the hell is going on there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I haven't forgotten about gently caress GIRL comics, just been super busy. Will get on shipping them soon.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

This page of conversation is going to get Lowtax another visit from federal law enforcement.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
This is the best present BSS has had all year for me, and I'm somehow amazed that Marville is no longer the weirdest thing I've ever seen Jemas' name on.

For the first and only time I'm gonna say thank god 4!l is dead or I'd be obligated to ride this train to hell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is the Double Take company man still here?

You guys got an excuse for why the newest issues were several months late? You guys blow all the money on hookers and coke?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like some of their #1 issues are free

https://www.comixology.com/Home-1/digital-comic/270491?ref=c2VyaWVzL3ZpZXcvZGVza3RvcC9ncmlkTGlzdC9Jc3N1ZXM

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Still a ripoff.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Is the Double Take company man still here?

You guys got an excuse for why the newest issues were several months late? You guys blow all the money on hookers and coke?

Thanks for the question, friend!

Unfortunately I don't have a great excuse for you. Our "hookers and coke" budget is very strictly managed so I doubt that it played a role in our recent tardiness.

For everyone else, I encourage you to check out the latest (late) issues. Our second issues were better than our first issues. And our third and fourth issues are better than the first two sets.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Price Check posted:

Unfortunately I don't have a great excuse for you. Our "hookers and coke" budget is very strictly managed so I doubt that it played a role in our recent tardiness.

For everyone else, I encourage you to check out the latest (late) issues. Our second issues were better than our first issues. And our third and fourth issues are better than the first two sets.

Where is my "Swearing girl" spinoff?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Price Check posted:

They should be returnable for being this late.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

They should be returnable for being this late.

I'm not really the person to ask about that but I can put you in touch with the person who is.

Madkal posted:

Where is my "Swearing girl" spinoff?

Swearing Girl can be found in every issue of Home! Available now!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Oh poo poo, issues 3 and 4 are out? I saw issues 1 and 2 of Home at my local comic book store and you'd better believe I picked that poo poo up. Issue 2 is amazing.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

And they still are. I wonder if they'll break down and make a Jemas-is-Insane bundle for a $1 or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They sent out sampler reprints of a few books, the first three issues for $3, in bundles of five.

And they were free.

This has to be a stock scam.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

And they still are. I wonder if they'll break down and make a Jemas-is-Insane bundle for a $1 or something.

Also the #2s are all up on their website for free. I get promoting your stuff so people can try out your new comic book series, but I'm still not clear on how this makes money much less has movie deals and Barnes and Nobles deals.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Nepotism?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Have we discussed how hilarious it is that this comics company sponsors the Outhousers?

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Hey Goons.

Issue 5 of Swearing Girl (aka Home) is in stores now! As are the rest of the Double Take titles.

Enjoy!

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Is Swearing Girl's swearing ever explained? I read the first issue and it's just ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zachack posted:

Is Swearing Girl's swearing ever explained? I read the first issue and it's just ridiculous.

When you use a sweatshop to create your comics nothing make sense.

• Locked thread