Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

The Cup Series is my soap opera. I don't watch sitcoms or reality shows or just about anything else on TV because it gives me all I need. Since all my favorite drivers retired, I've learned to just enjoy the comedy of the sport from the commentary to the on-track shenanigans to the rule changes, fanfics, and "Pearn Count." I also like that there's two races for me to follow each time - one for 1st and the other for 43rd. But more than anything, I enjoy commenting on all this, and #IRC has provided the best outlet for that. It comes off as rage sometimes, but quite honestly, part of me hopes they never fix all the stuff that's wrong simply because I enjoy getting up in arms about it.

I will admit, though, even I don't watch all the XFINITY and Truck Series races anymore - that's just too much of a time commitment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

COLE PEARN gets probation.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

I guess I see it as like some episodes of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, where you can't blame the wait staff, bartender, or kitchen staff when the owners are cripplingly stupid. Unfortunately, these metaphorical restauranteurs have infinite funding and will never hear what the customers are telling them to improve.

Sounds like someone needed to watch Bound For Glory too

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Kevin Harvick will be running an ugly Busch car next season.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It isn't terrible. I like the color at least.

For better or worse, it's pretty much how'd you expect a modern version of this to look.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The Busch Light car is cool. Not too sold on the Busch car.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Should of stuck with the black Budweiser car, I always thought it looked nice

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Bud Light, Bud Light Lime or Rolling Rock would have made better paint schemes in the A-B family.

With that being said, I could get into a #4 King Cobra Chevy....:getin:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
#40 would fit a King Cobra car better

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey, here's somebody who really likes Super Chase:

quote:

France also took time to assess the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup after the Challenger Round, the opening three-round series of the postseason. In doing so, France lauded last weekend's clutch victory by Kevin Harvick at Dover International Speedway that kept his repeat title hopes intact.

"What you really are seeing is, this is the era of big moments and big performances," France said. "Being consistent and steady, that's important but that's getting pushed to the wayside. It's whoever can step up their performance."

"BIG MOMENTS, BIG PLAYS, HAIL MARY, PICK 6, GOLDEN GOAL, BUZZER BEATER, gently caress CONSISTENCY ONLY ONE WIN EVERY THREE RACES MATTERS! :circlefap:"

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

VikingSkull posted:

#40 would fit a King Cobra car better

Almost as cool as the 07 car

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

:getin:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Oh there's a race on cool *54 leading* ohhhhh.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Austin Dillon almost burst into flames when some fireworks landed on him

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
If this were maybe 10 years ago, Kahne would've been penalized for that blatant move. How times have changed.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Rained out? My afternoon's plans :(

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Oh well, looks like I won't be watching any Cup this weekend, I'll be watching a Syracuse stream tomorrow.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Charlotte in the daytime feels natural.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I have access to Super Dirt Week, meet me in chat for video

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Man I was all ready to be productive and poo poo today...

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Seriously, get in chat and watch the mods with PP and I, this broadcast is the stuff of legends

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Tire rub caution :jerkbag:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
:ughh:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

whoooops

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Somewhere CFS feels a surging sense of validation

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

What happened to Kyle? He was running second when I went out.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ungratek posted:

What happened to Kyle? He was running second when I went out.

He juked out of the pits under caution and Larson juked in and they collided.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Please Dump This Package: Exhibit A

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Know what makes the fact that NASCAR missed the oil so frustrating? They run a hundred laps under caution no matter how minor the reason for the caution; and yet, with all of those laps, they missed that all of 1 and 2 had a sea of oil across half the track. It was a pretty big gently caress up by NASCAR.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

That race was extremely boring. I can't recall a single pass in the last pit cycle. Everyone just ran in line for 100 laps in the middle too

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ungratek posted:

That race was extremely boring. I can't recall a single pass in the last pit cycle. Everyone just ran in line for 100 laps in the middle too

The lead didn't change hands once on a non-restart/pit cycle I don't think. This really needs to be the nail in the coffin for this package.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
I agreed with NASCAR not changing the package for the Chase, but that race was pretty boring. Charlotte hasn't been a particularly good track for a while, but today was one of the worst in recent memory. Track position was king and it was impossible to pass.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this is why I had the Cup race muted and focused on the big block race

the last 50 laps was filled with passes and epic fights (and yellows)

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Thank goodness there's 3 more 1.5 milers to go :suicide:

I think we'll regret having Talladega as an elimination race, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Thank goodness there's 3 more 1.5 milers to go :suicide:

I think we'll regret having Talladega as an elimination race, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

It was last year, too, wasn't it? I think Gordon got hung out to dry in the last couple laps and made the next round by 1 point thanks to the spots he lost.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Somewhere CFS feels a surging sense of validation

i feel a sense of validation every time i don't watch a nascar race and see everyone complain about the race i did not watch being bad and boring

or in other words every weekend

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cubey posted:

i feel a sense of validation every time i don't watch a nascar race and see everyone complain about the race i did not watch being bad and boring

or in other words every weekend

Especially in this case because Larson did something dumb

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Well hopefully NASCAR listens to reason and comes up with a package that doesn't suck poo poo through a straw so that I actually watch next year and can make fun of him in real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
What a game 7! Great job to Joey "Joey Logano" Logano and his Ford Eco-Boost Pennzoil That Race loving Sucked gently caress this Noise team!

• Locked thread