Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Not only do they get Toyota money but they'll also have a 'technical alliance' with Gibbs. Which really means that Gibbs now has five cars compared to Hendrick's eight.

Assuming Hamlin doesn't get replaced how soon until Furniture Row expands and signs Eric Jones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

I don't see Matt retiring until a couple of years after Ross makes it to Sprint Cup. NASCAR is going to want at least one father/son story with a happy ending.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

The NASCAR playoff system emphasizes winning. Which is why despite not winning a race since the Brickyard two years ago Ryan Newman is in the playoffs again this year after almost winning the championship last year.

Matt, Kyle and Jimmie go into the playoffs tied with most wins at four apiece. Matt wins again and is locked into the next round. Kyle does okay and advances while Jimmie has a bad race and is eliminated while Ryan "Winless" Newman and Jeff "Is It Over Yet?" Gordon advance. Those four wins Jimmie had sure were important.

I stop watching when NFL starts.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

I kinda doubt anyone can outbid JGR for the 19. Does SHR have that kind of money? Wasn't that the biggest sticking point to signing Kurt? Does this accelerate Furniture Row's plans for a two car Gibbs-lite team?

Three less start and parkers. Oh the humanity.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

anotherblownsave posted:

Wow, no holds barred. Kenseth is gonna wreck Logano and Hamlin is gonna wreck Harvick leading to a Carl Edwards championship.

Who's KyBu gonna take out?

Didn't watch but I saw the finish. What was wrong with Harvick's car? Blown engine and riding around for points?

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

To no one's surprise NASCAR is still consistently inconsistent.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

daslog posted:

It's not surprising that the old guard of drivers don't like what the younger generation brings. NASCAR has pretty stale this year, and the change from the old unwritten rules is badly needed. This controversy is the only thing that has captured my interest.

Congratulations. You are exactly the audience Brian France is looking for. All of these stupid changes and decisions have been for you. Now go fill up all those empty seats in the stands by yourself.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

So this means we can scrap the first third of the season since those races are meaningless, right? NASCAR can start on Memorial Day Weekend from now on.

Eat poo poo, Brian France.

kidcoelacanth posted:

We, NASCAR, think it's cool as hell that our champion has missed 11 loving races

Eat poo poo, the Chase.

kidcoelacanth posted:

If it means Kyle doesn't win I'm all for it

Eat poo poo, Jeff Gordon.

kidcoelacanth posted:

I would have zero problems with this if Kyle hadn't missed A THIRD OF THE RACES

Eat poo poo, Kevin Harvick.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Kyle absolutely deserves to be a champion. Just not this year.

Eat poo poo, Joey Logano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

With the revelation that the first dozen races are meaningless NASCAR is proud to announce that starting in 2016 those opening races on FOX are now NASCAR's pre-season.

• Locked thread