Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
in as that neighborhood guy that doesn't mow his law enough and brings the retail value down so first chance they get they kick him out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

why thank you, quid

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

garbage day

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

How do you have a neighborhood on a wharf, anyway

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Please no bully, pig

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

listen i already did the mafia-game gimmick of posting distracting pictures of delicious food that turned out to mostly be burgers because burgers are incredibly photogenic so i'm just gonna post a link to the burger thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699735

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

man 5 guys is overhyped trash to me. I mean they're main selling point is loads of fries but the fries are boring ordinary fries

poo poo mang wendy's is better (and cheaper) but wendy's is actually surprisingly tasty.

i prefer checkers tho

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

kumba please post immediately about your opinions on burgers and fast food chains, specifically about 5-guys

this may or may not influence my vote on you

scumbag

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

i'm the one that brought up 5 guys in the first place are you even paying attention jeez

well i assume you wouldn't be posting with such accusations, geez

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Hello burgerchat

Did Asiina ever explain why PMush is scum, I see her voting for someone else

hoodlums

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Oh.

PMush, you're saying you're not feeling Asiina is being scummy with this poo poo, based on your doc interactions?

quid why are you grasping at straws immediately into the game

c'mon asiina even mentioned it was a doc thing several times we're in joke phase

man the gently caress up

Poison Mushroom posted:

If there was a default-loadout-only server, I'd suggest we all play TF2 instead.

TF2 circa, like, 2010-2011 was so good.

yo gently caress you

pyro flaregun snipes are the besssst I'm that one rear end in a top hat who mains pyro and is actually p good

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I mean gently caress all the other pyro poo poo, default only, so as long as i keep the flaregun you're cool

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Asiina posted:

Man gamer did you play when they first introduced backburner and it gave an extra 50 hp? It was amazing. You'd run through the lower tunnel on Dustbowl 3 and come back out behind the entire blue team, wipe through all of them and then make it back to go do the run again. Those were the glory days of pyro.

w+mouse1 4 lyfe.

Yeah I did but I never liked the backburner tbh

It had a play style that I didn't care for, lots of useless camping or running around the battle to snoop up behind folks. The terrible airblast was even worse.

I get why people liked it but if you're not getting up in everyone's face and setting them on fire before airblasting them off out of the way and giving them a now-critting flaregun for their trouble then I dunno!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Kashuno posted:

anybody excited for overwatch?

yeah it looks pretty good though I am kinda reserved on it, somethings just don't seem to mesh right with me

now I forget what because I look at that poo poo like once every month, if that, but.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

merk posted:

His one actual content thing is weird, and then he's been happily diving into non-content whenever he can.

:ironicat:

CapitalistPig posted:

Regardless of all this, we need to consider asiina or kashuno today.

Asiina is a mason-doc joke.

Kashuno is even worse then the argument for me.

Pig don't be weird by jokingly fingering Kumba and then getting on Asiina's case for doing similar. That's a stupid case.

A stupid case for dumb people, Pig.

Please don't be dumb.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Pig seems to be throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. Yes the cases are all based on really weak reasoning, but not being willing to stick to your case for any decent length of time is weird and just throwing things. ##vote pig

Kashuno posted:

##vote gamer

an argument for one but not for the other

make up your mind, friend

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

feel free to embellish

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I have effectively zero scumreads right now.

I honestly agree. The thread seems to just be Pmush, Pig and Merk to me, which is not a hell of a lot to go on.

I don't really feel hella comfortable throwing down on pMUSH as a result. I mean, I WILL in a pinch, but.

Let's see.

Section 31 posted:

I wonder how many "I'm busy with work" excuses will come up here :colbert:

Alright friend, what's your excuse? You've posted sweet fuckall and have zero-content, ranging from jokephase stuff - while keeping your vote from jokephase! - to prodding lurkers. That's pretty weird, pal.

Why are you trying to just sit on the Pmush vote and ride it?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

actually no you're just one scummy guy

##vote Section 31

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

perhaps S31 should post content to make themselves look better then instead of literally hangin' out, riding a jokephase vote.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

it's terrible. but how is it scummy?

as merk has helpfully added, but in what universe is managing to throw down a vote that doesn't get questioned lurking it out not scummy? There's a very real chance that if S31 hadn't posted again no one would've noticed and we'd move onto the next day. poo poo, we'd probably wave it off as it's the same as some of the other posters.

But he voted on pmush in the jokephase and then, while still thread-active, kept it as pmush neared a lynch. Without commenting on it at all. That's suspicious as gently caress to me.

Kumbamontu posted:

because I think a scum pmush would have reacted much more strongly to asiina repeatedly calling her scum

to be fair pmush wasn't around yet which is how the scum joke started.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

Right, but pmush came back and shrugged it off entirely, which to me is a townie reaction. I think a scum pmush would have seen all of that and had at least a tiny inkling in the back of her mind of "what if she actually does have a result on me from some bullshit???" But she didn't, ergo i think pmush is more likely to be town than scum.

I think you missed, champ.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

I don't know what this means

I don't think you meant to quote me!

I don't think pmush is scummy.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

That's -1, please use discretion!!!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Section 31 posted:

I'm glad I managed to flush the players out of their hiding place though, so there's that :smug:

loving squint

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Section 31 posted:

Unvote me and I may tell you a secret :mrgw:

none of the people you lurk-poked came in here to smack you, this is jut a 180 from pmush to you.

your secret sucks!!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

please respond to merk and follow through

Met posted:

bowmore is replacing Epsilon Plus.

hello

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I agree with the sentiment against Ecco, but it feels like someone who's been around so much wouldn't be this obvious and overt about it. Especially when so few people are actively engaging themselves in the discussion.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

it's not master manipulation to argue someone d1 I just don't buy people actually looking at that and thinking it's a smart viable vote enough to argue for

how is S31 anything townie tho

When he gets called out he just does handwavy non-playing bullshit still. That's not townie, or at least that's town who doesn't give a poo poo about the game. That's scum who's just going to twiddle their thumbs and hope the lynch-bandwagon rolls away because someone else said something dumb.

Kumbamontu posted:

merk is throwing down the effort gambit gauntlet!!!

man i got lynched for doing this poo poo . . .

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Ecco is weird, I agree.

I think Ecco will look a lot worse if/when D31 flips scum, though, and there isn't enough to cuddle her today.

So let's get D today.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

merk posted:

Weird post.

Let's think of this two ways.

One, D31 flips scum. Ecco is awkwardly defending them, piping up meta examples that apparently don't exist in an attempt to cool the heat of them. The bandwagon gets rolling, though, and now Ecco is committed to saving their scumbro's rear end. D31 flips scum, Ecco is scum.

Two, D31 flips town. Now Ecco looks awkward, potentially actually thinking the "they always got voted d1!" thing true and trying to save them from a FRUSTRATING TIME LET ME TELL YA. Potentially she also knows that D31 is not-scum, as scum team does, and is trying to aggressively, if awkwardly, defend them so she looks townie as hell after he flips. This seems a lot less likely to me.

If we lynch D31, who already comes off as extremely scummy by being doing his utmost to not play the town phase, then we can paint Ecco, who's major case is her awkward defense of D31, in certain lights. If D is scum? Well, hopefully there's a townie night kill so we can move on D2, otherwise that's an easy vote. If not? Ecco is suspicious, still, and worth looking into.

If we hit Ecco then there's no fake-domino effect, it's just Ecco. Can't finger D31 as scum for a scum defending them as team-scum could just do that to look town or whatever.

So, even if you think Ecco is scummy, it'd be better to stick with your earlier read with D31 and then bring Ecco into D2 depending on how he flips.

imo

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

oh, uh, *s31

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

uranus posted:

wow
this is somethign alright

hello

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

:siren:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Huh.

well alright

merk posted:

Yeah, I'd vote Taste. Scum would think that Section was going to flip town.

tbh I disagree, as far as I remember Taste is usually just the negative nancy on cases. If it wasn't Taste I'd be completely with you on it, but...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

You keep saying that, yet I was the one who started pushing it in the first place and you haven't said a thing on me.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

merk posted:

I'm voting TT right out of the gate tomorrow if he's alive. I suggest you all do the same.

maybe scum was going to NK him and now they won't!!!

way to go, "town!!!"

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

also that is a very sly way for ecco to get people to look at me without actually doing any casing herself. dislike

agreed this screams like bad scum to me and yesterday's nonsense still rings true to me.

##vote Ecco

I said I would! pmush doesn't ring out as scum to me, either, and I do like the Ecco is throwing around she is like it's the word of gospel and kill pmush killkillkill.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's a lovely meta case, but I've got my eye on Chic because I feel like merk is kind of notorious for replacing out when he doesn't like his scum team. I'm gonna have to keep on mind 'what if he was upset about Taste's play as a teammate?'

nah merk has grumbled out against taste before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

PMush is so defensive and always comes every time someone posts about her!!

people don't like being accused news at 11??

you call every post she makes scum aggressively that argument goes both ways.

ecco if pmush is scum who are her scum buddies? You're gonna say me because you're scum and all but then there'd be two scum in our neighboorhood and that hardly makes sense.

Kashuno posted:

It's just a weirdly resigned post, considering you're nowhere near being lynched.

because i got her in might sights and she knows!!

Kashuno posted:

I'm just bad at mafia.

I'm starting to see the pmush case today that I didn't see yesterday.

please don't

This is one person screaming in hysterics that a person is scum since early D1 (ish) and being the only one really saying anything right now, ignore ecco's posting and look at everything else. you're just thinking about it a lot!!! There's nothing there, there's just Ecco trying to throw the narrative at whatever sticks. She weirdly defended S31 and then backed off on it to awkwardly to make herself look good, then latched onto pmush and p much hasn't posted about anything else, throwing all kinds of poo poo at the wall.

Ecco is scum.

I'd really like to see other people post, however!!

• Locked thread