Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Zaphod42 posted:

Nah I just re-watched it, the MC maybe ducks but the dude in white on the left just stands there and the sword goes right through his leg. Whoops.

That's Frederic. And nah, watch it at 0.25 speed it kinda goes between him an MC, the perspective just makes it look a bit odd. Why nitpick though that cinematic was awesome, so cool to see and hear Fred, Kelly and Linda finally in one of the games, and way more Halo-y than the Osiris intro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

That's Frederic. And nah, watch it at 0.25 speed it kinda goes between him an MC, the perspective just makes it look a bit odd. Why nitpick though that cinematic was awesome, so cool to see and hear Fred, Kelly and Linda finally in one of the games, and way more Halo-y than the Osiris intro.

Yeah I said myself it was nitpicking and the Osiris team one I actually dislike where this one is pretty good, just a tiny bit awkward. But this is SA and nerds gonna nitpick, damnit!

yeah I guess the elite sword does miss his leg and its just the camera angle, but that's a bad camera angle then because it makes the perspective confusing. And yeah, the elites are doing exactly what the spartans need them to do, its kinda dumb. They charge towards the hull breach like they've never been in space before, and the one guy just swings his sword in a huge arc that wouldn't hit either of the spartans, just kinda between them. I guess its a windup for the swing on the chief which he ducks, but ... yeah. Its extremely scripted, but oh well. Nothing too bad for sure.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009
Some screens

http://allgamesbeta.minus.com/m-Halo-5-Guardians

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

-A n i m 8- posted:

Good feedback.

May thine bonuses be plentiful and thy stock options be bountiful in their spectacularity, as they are as always and as they will be again.

But yeah, that sword swing was awful and the secondary motion on the boots-grip-floor bit was bad.

Were you in a rush that day? Is most of your creative energy going to your moonlight gig for that Taiwanese news channel?

Ah, I shouldn't complain. I'm sure it can and will be patched.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Zaphod42 posted:

yeah I guess the elite sword does miss his leg and its just the camera angle, but that's a bad camera angle then because it makes the perspective confusing. And yeah, the elites are doing exactly what the spartans need them to do, its kinda dumb. They charge towards the hull breach like they've never been in space before, and the one guy just swings his sword in a huge arc that wouldn't hit either of the spartans, just kinda between them. I guess its a windup for the swing on the chief which he ducks, but ... yeah. Its extremely scripted, but oh well. Nothing too bad for sure.

You're putting more thought into it than 343, which is a mistake. The direction with the Blue team intro is obviously "we saw that scene in the new star trek and thought it was sick", replace Star Trek with The Avengers for the Osiris intro and that's all you need to know.

shadow puppet of a posted:

May thine bonuses be plentiful and thy stock options be bountiful in their spectacularity, as they are as always and as they will be again.

Phil be praised!

Mr SoupTeeth fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 24, 2015

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

And in 1440p, too. PC release confirmed?

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
Halo 5 LE Console:

MickRaider fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 24, 2015

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

univbee posted:

And in 1440p, too. PC release confirmed?

Fuuuuuck off it better not be! I've just bought this:

MickRaider posted:

Halo 5 LE Console:

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Fuuuuuck off it better not be! I've just bought this:

yeah it won't be.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

MickRaider posted:

How to make an entrance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0bYEToC0zA
Blue team intro

wtf why are his gloves vibrating like that

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Stux posted:

They used Michael J Fox for all their motion capture.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Stux posted:

I saw that too, I figured (assuming it's not just a graphical glitch or whatever) that either it's because chief is so hosed up by cortana's death etc that they're shaking, or it's just heat haze from something/vibration from the ship. I dunno.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I saw that too, I figured (assuming it's not just a graphical glitch or whatever) that either it's because chief is so hosed up by cortana's death etc that they're shaking, or it's just heat haze from something/vibration from the ship. I dunno.

its a graphical glithc.

just like the guns making osundsn in a vaccumm is an audio glitch

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

With the way anim8 posts I find I hard to believe how anyone could possibly like 343.

Like, you're a total oval office, dude.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Stux posted:

Probably flutter from the dynamic resolution pushing the game up from 792p up to the dizzying height of 900p and back as soon as there is a shiny bit that needs to get tucked into the ESram.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Stux posted:

Based on your posting I thought you'd be familiar with vibrating gloves

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Laserface posted:

With the way anim8 posts I find I hard to believe how anyone could possibly like 343.

Anim8's alright. You're a total oval office though who should gently caress off.

You've said numerous times there's no way you're going to buy halo 5 so why are you even reading this thread

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

MickRaider posted:

Anim8's alright. You're a total oval office though who should gently caress off.

You've said numerous times there's no way you're going to buy halo 5 so why are you even reading this thread

So he can dunk on nerds.

And don't kid yourself, we're all going to buy it. The people who say they aren't going to will be right there with us complaining about broken matchmaking or whatever on day one.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Newegg has a $10 off code and if you get the digital edition you aren't charged tax.

Code: GUARDIAN5

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Laserface posted:

There cannot possibly be an ironicat large enough for this post

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Like you somehow manage to be the most negative and most retarded person in this thread, in which Stux has posted. That's impressive.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Lets not fight when we can watch, discuss and to varying degree, enjoy the badly reanimated corpse of Halo shuffle and jive for more dollars on the back of hardware of even more dubious quality and value

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Tighclops posted:

Lets not fight when we can watch, discuss and to varying degree, enjoy the badly reanimated corpse of Halo shuffle and jive for more dollars on the back of hardware of even more dubious quality and value

It's more like Halo blasting Goodbye Horses and admiring itself in the mirror sporting a freshly stitched suit crudely cobbled together from the skin of every other FPS from the last five years. Would you pre-order me? I'd pre-order me. I'd pre-order me so hard.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

It's more like Halo blasting Goodbye Horses and admiring itself in the mirror sporting a freshly stitched suit crudely cobbled together from the skin of every other FPS from the last five years. Would you pre-order me? I'd pre-order me. I'd pre-order me so hard.

The truly sick thing is I can't look away, I'm broken we're all broken

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I like how the Elites have basically become the battle droids from the Phantom Menace.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

I watched Giantbomb's footage (which I assume is very similar, if not identical, to what other news outlets have) and the first half, with Blue Team fighting covenant using classic Halo weaponry and ordering your AI buddies around like in Republic Commando made me go from lukewarm to positively excited.

Then they switched to fighting promethians with promethians weapons and my frown was cartoonish.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Halo 5 helmets

armor, weapon skins, emblems, etc.

edit: heck yeah, you bet your bottom dollar I'm going to be sporting the Noble Team emblem!

Napolean Bonerfarts fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 25, 2015

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

That whole post only needed to be "Hey guys, the security helmet is back!"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Funkmaster General posted:

That whole post only needed to be "Hey guys, the security helmet is back!"

Security and the MJOLNIR IV helmet are the only two I care about.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

ODST helmet?

ODST helmet

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
The weekly bulletin is up :shepicide:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/community-update-behind-enemy-lines

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011
lol they put ads in as emblems

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Stole that directly from Destiny.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I for one can't wait to rocket punch fist slam into the ground and see how many grunts I can sludge at once.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The rocket bit of the rocket punch reminds me of the stellar animation of Avengers Assemble

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

spudsbuckley posted:

It's subtitled "guardians" for a reason.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

All I can think watching this is how many milliseconds it would take for the guy to get vaporized in multiplayer hanging in the air like that.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009

a messed up horse posted:

All I can think watching this is how many milliseconds it would take for the guy to get vaporized in multiplayer hanging in the air like that.

About 5sk depending on the wep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

spudsbuckley posted:

Nice, stay classy you loving hacks.

• Locked thread