Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CobiWann posted:

Question – as a Doctor Who fan, should I give Rick and Morty a go?

I'm slowly working my way through it, and there's definitely a Who-ish sense to it.

:siren:

We're half way through October already (somehow), so it's time to start thinking about... you know.. that.

Who's in? (It's the Secret Santa, btw)

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, I didn't catch a lot of these past episodes until days after they aired, as did most of my friends who are avid fans of the show. There's also the group of fans of any show nowadays that just waits until the entire season is on Netflix/Hulu/whatever and they binge watch it.

Is Doctor Who losing viewers? Maybe. But you can't argue that the way people watch TV hasn't changed significantly even since two or three years ago.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

There's an argument to be made that the opposite is true, surely? People watching just to fill time [on Saturday evening] will watch it live, whereas people who actively want to watch it will watch it preferentially, subsequently, over whatever is on at the time.

Both can arguably be true by how people watch things now. I watch Doctor Who when it airs, and I watch my Youtube subscriptions when I get around to them, but I'd say that I actively watch both of them.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Is Who airing later than it did previously as well? In my head Who starts some time between 6:30 and 7:30, but it seems constantly to be sitting at 8pm+ these days.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Paul.Power posted:

The thing about steampunk is that it's at the bottom of the nerd food chain. Actual steam engine nuts get annoyed at the mechanical and historical inaccuracy of it all. And fans of other -punk genres get annoyed because it focuses on the upper classes and not the downtrodden living in a grimy dystopia.

Makes me wonder if there's potential out there for a book that puts both the steam and the punk back into steampunk.
There was this one anime movie eleven years back called Steamboy, where the scene introducing the child protagonist involved him fixing a textile mill's steam engine, which had some safety broken or something and was running on maximum overdrive. The child is, of course, sent to fix the machine while the engine's doing its best to blow itself apart, and eventually a foreman just smashes the machine to get it to stop because the parts flying off it were threatening the lives of workers (the kid included, of course).

The villains are an egotistical mad scientist and a group of rich Americans, who are building a giant fuckoff steam-powered war machine to take over the world. It's eventually destroyed, and in the ending credits the invention of the lightbulb, internal combustion engines and all that lead to technology moving on from steam engines anyways.

Most of the story itself was rather mediocre, but the movie did a good job not just jacking off to steam engines and pretending the Victorian upper crust was all good.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Catching up on the thread, and all I have to say is that Young Hartnell was good-looking. Surprising, because he seemed like Someone Who Had Always Been Old.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Fil5000 posted:

Is Who airing later than it did previously as well? In my head Who starts some time between 6:30 and 7:30, but it seems constantly to be sitting at 8pm+ these days.

It's not been on at the same time each episode this season. This week it starts at 8:20 I think.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Rick and Morty is sort of like Doctor Who, but in myth terms if the doctor is a benevolent wizard then rick is like a disinterested greek god.

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back

CobiWann posted:

I enjoy it a lot. I think it takes some inspiration from Doctor Who.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Even the Radio Times gets in on this action

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-10-12/who-said-it-the-doctor-or-rick

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Watch the show but don't read the thread

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
anyone else here seen Local Hero? I was really excited watching it about a year ago when I recognized young Peter Capaldi. He was such a handsome dork. :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CobiWann posted:

Yes.

CobiWann posted:

Question – should I give Rick and Morty a go?

Yes.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

If you need further convincing, here's Werner Herzog with a word

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw1cdRew-Zg

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

I enjoy it a lot. I think it takes some inspiration from Doctor Who.

Definitely, the theme song is even supposed to sound similar to the Doctor Who theme.

Rick is basically the Doctor as an alcoholic nihilist. It's great.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Tempo 119 posted:

Watch the show but don't read the thread

The same could be every thread on this forum except Monday Night RAW.

Spatula City posted:

anyone else here seen Local Hero? I was really excited watching it about a year ago when I recognized young Peter Capaldi. He was such a handsome dork. :3:

Fantastic movie. Great soundtrack too!

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 16, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Short Synopsis: A whole lot of con jobs backfire spectacularly and almost drag the entire human race into hell.

Long Synopsis: The Doctor brings Ace and Bernice Summerfield to a small hotel in Kent where a peculiar combination of conventions are taking place simultaneously. A plan by the Doctor to con a race of inter-dimensional conquerors backfires, and Bernice has to help the Doctor maintain his own sense of self while Ace figures out that self-harm is the key to silencing the voices in her head.

What's Good:
  • The Doctor's manipulations backfiring. The Doctor swans into this story full of confidence that doesn't just border on arrogance but invades and occupies it. Throughout the first episode and a half or so he smoothly and smugly allows events to unfold exactly as he has planned, barely even bothering to hide his presumptuous contempt for the beings he is attempting to screw over.... and then it all goes horribly wrong. Often described as the "chessmaster", this time the Doctor is completely outplayed and made to look the fool, and the result is the last couple of episodes feature him scrambling not just to catch up, but to keep his head above water. While it is fun to see the 7th Doctor outmaneuver his opponents, he rarely did so on television without clearly taking a careful and even respectful appraisal of their talents, as well as attempting to account for any margins of error. Had the Doctor's plan been executed smoothly in this case, not only would it have been uneventful and boring, but it would have the result of portraying the Doctor as a very cold, callous and even contempteous figure with a Godlike intellect so far above his opponents as to make the contest of wits a one-sided affair. Having the Doctor's own arrogance used against him, seeing him in a near panic and watching as he slowly but surely regains control and inch by inch retake the initiative made for a far more interesting character arc. McCoy does a good job of selling the Doctor both when he seems confident to the point of being bored, as well as when he's in a near-panic and struggling to maintain his sanity, questioning and condemning his own actions and arrogance.

What's Not:

• The overly packed supporting cast. There are just too many characters for what should be a fairly intimate story. Even forgetting the various guests of the hotel and their varied size roles, the Doctor is joined by two companions on this story and it is one too many. Ace is joined by Bernice Summerfield, a character that can be vaguely (though not accurately) described as a proto-River Song. This Big Finish audio is actually based on the portrayal of the characters of the Doctor, Ace and Benny from the Virgin New Adventures range of books that helped some fans get through the wilderness years between the end of the Classic series of Who and the start of Big Finish (and later the Revival TV series). Still in the early days of Big Finish, there isn't much to distinguish the Doctor and Ace from their portrayals in Big Finish to that point, but they certainly do seem to be playing up more of the sense of the Doctor as a somewhat aloof and hard to read figure, and Ace as the soldier/fighter figure (the "badass" photo of her on the CD cover is pretty cringeworthy in this day and age). The story spends too much time split up following the three main cast, who spend times with other members of the supporting cast in their own little individual scenes. The idea is to give everybody something to do, but in my opinion it waters down the events far too much, especially given the relatively cramped setting of the story, and nobody really gets a chance to be focused on/allow the listener to become invested in their stories, or to give the actors enough material to get their teeth into. Also, it may have just been me, but I frequently found myself mixing up characters because neither their voices nor their actions really gave them much to distinguish them from each other, helping the fall thing kind of fall into bland and forgettable territory.

• The setting/plot. Despite being an audio, this very much feels like a product of the JNT television era, and not really in a good way. The setting of the small hotel in Kent feels like it is being used because the BBC had access to a small hotel in Kent in which to do location filming, because it sure as hell has no reason to be the location for this story. The premise is that three conventions are being held at this hotel at the same time, each covering wildly different areas.... but only two of them really make any sense, and the rather lame explanation that comes late in the story for why the third (and most important) was in the same place doesn't make for a very convincing argument. A researcher has designed a VERY rudimentary time machine and is showing it off at the convention in the hopes of getting funding to continue his research (and get rich himself). But this is a (very rudimentary) loving time machine we're talking about here, why is he showcasing/trying to sell it at a a hotel in Kent? Why is the biggest and apparently most highly coveted potential buyer is the owner of a local avionics company? Why aren't the military there? Or some super technology company? Some giant-multi-national or arms manufacturer? Why are they in some rinky-dink hotel in the middle of (sorry Kent) nowhere sharing space with a convention for believers in the supernatural and cross-stitch enthusiasts? Put simply the story is too dense, the characters too packed, the events too major etc for the setting that it all takes place in. The whole thing has an air of an attempt to recapture some of the spirit of atmospheric stories with big stakes like The Curse of Fenric or Ghost Light, but the giant stakes and the nature of the dimensional invaders contrasting with the relatively "common" setting of the hotel sadly give the story more of a Delta and the Bannermen feel. Given that the author of this story is none other than Paul Cornell was a big shock to me, because he's always been well regarded as an author of Doctor Who - perhaps this would have worked better as a novel? In any case, his later works were certainly more successful, especially his contributions to the revival television series.

• The voice modulation. The bad guys - The Scourge - suffer from the same problem a lot of early Big Finish "monsters" do, their voices sound rather lame. It seems all too evident that their has been an attempt to artificially give them a booming, growling menace that isn't achieved by either the original performance or the voice effects added afterwards. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if any nuances there might have been in the original performances were sanded down by the effects, and in the end what we end up with sounds like it falls somewhere between a regular voice played at half speed and a 1980s Cyberman voice. It makes it very hard to take the so-called "Demons" seriously, a frequent complaint I've had about these early Big Finish audios - they were obviously trying very hard to produce distinctive voices that brought to mind the type of creatures they were describing, but there is an air of amateurishness to it, something which has happily improved quite a bit over the years.

Final Thoughts:

The Shadow of the Scourge is a disappointment, both because I expect better from Paul Cornell and because it tries to cram too much into what time it has and as a result waters down everything. There are interesting ideas and a pared down version of the plot could have made for a far superior story, but even then it would have been pulled down by the voice effects atmospheric, or watered down by the bloated cast. Exploring the idea of what happens when the 7th Doctor's careful planning backfires spectacularly and he brings everybody and everything he holds dear into peril is the great germ of an idea though, and something well worth exploring further. If this was intended as either an advertisement or homage to the New Adventures novels, it failed for me, particularly in regards to the presence of Benny who feels completely excess to requirements. Her easy familiarity with both the Doctor and Ace feels alien because I'm not familiar with their relationship from the books, and though my ignorance shouldn't preclude them from making use of that relationship, I do think it was important to consider that not everybody will have (nor should have) been intimately familiar with an entirely different medium of Doctor Who before picking up this story. Yes it can be done well (as it was in Night of the Doctor), but I think this marks an early problem Big Finish was facing - obviously they were appealing to hardcore fans of the show, and I guess the idea was that if they were into Doctor Who enough to have bought an audio, they probably had read all the books/comics etc as well. It may have even been that they thought it would be rude or insulting to effectively ignore the sole thing that had kept producing new Who content after the show went on "hiatus" in 89. But for me, this story was too muddled, too reliant on pre-existing knowledge, hobbled by a bloated cast and poor voice effects, with a setting that didn't match the story, and a failure to effectively contrast the mundane with the extraordinary. Cornell can (and does) do better, but don't look at his name on this story and assume you're going to get something as amazing as Father's Day or the Human Nature/Family of Blood 2-parter.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

Since I was an A-level politics student (i.e. a complete twunt) at the time, that irritated me more than it should have. You can excuse it with mind control, and maybe consider the context (I may have my dates wrong but I believe there was a lot of whinging about Gordon Brown being an "unelected prime minister" in the press around the time).

Still not as bothersome as Not George Bush being called "President-elect" because RTD apparently didn't bother looking up what that term actually means.

Yea, I vaugly remember that. And it was always a interesting question in political science class on what would happen if the PM lost his seat but party won the election. I'm sure RTD probably heard President Elect Bush a bunch and figured it figured it was just a fancy name for President.

I knew Capaldi was in the the Torchwood movie, but I completely missed he was the Roman father in Fires of Pompeii, which is weird because they have said that plotline will be revisited this season. Though I think its funny how every time he speaks I think its the Doctor talking, rather than Tennant. Though if they go back to that story, it would be clever to have Capaldi be the Doctor and the father in the same episode.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CobiWann posted:

The same could be every thread on this forum except Monday Night RAW.

Let's Play is pretty good :shobon:

But yeah, read the Raw GDT, best entertainment on the forums. Just don't actually watch the show or read the discussion afterwards :shepface:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Tom Baker Special Offer @ Big Finish:
http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/special-offers-on-tom-baker-at-big-finish

First 2 seasons of the 4th Doctor Adventures are on sale.
1st Season with Leela for 12 moneys and
2nd season with Romana I for 15 moneys.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

adhuin posted:

I’m sorry. Mary Tamm? Jago & Litefoot? DAVID WARNER?!?

Jerusalem posted:

Shadow of the Scourge

Just the stylistic differences between this, The Dark Flame and the rest of the main range make me glad Big Finish didn’t follow up too much on the Virgin New Adventures and spun Bernice Summerfield out into her own line. It just felt incredibly mean spirited and a lot more “PG-13” rated than the other stories just in terms of sheer violence, like when the aliens made the con-goers turn on each other in brutal ways.

And I just don’t like Bennie in these stories. I like Lisa Bowerman and she does a great job AS Bennie, but it’s the same trap as River Song – I love Alex Kingston but sometimes they’re both just a little TOO smug and a little TOO awesome.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Oct 16, 2015

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Chokes McGee posted:

Let's Play is pretty good :shobon:

But yeah, read the Raw GDT, best entertainment on the forums. Just don't actually watch the show or read the discussion afterwards :shepface:

Yup, I'll join this :bandwagon:. RAW GDT is always a fun read, RAW is almost always a terrible television program.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

adhuin posted:

Tom Baker Special Offer @ Big Finish:
http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/special-offers-on-tom-baker-at-big-finish

First 2 seasons of the 4th Doctor Adventures are on sale.
1st Season with Leela for 12 moneys and

Is there something I'm not understanding...or is it cheaper to buy both series' individually than it is to buy them together?

Big Finish posted:

You can pick up both series today in a series of special bundles – Series 1 is just £20 on CD or £12 on download, with Series 2 just £25 on CD or £15 to download. Both Series can be picked up together for just £60 on CD or £45 to download.

£12 for Series 1, £15 for Series 2, which adds up to £27

Or buy them both at once for £45??

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

jivjov posted:

Is there something I'm not understanding...or is it cheaper to buy both series' individually than it is to buy them together?

£12 for Series 1, £15 for Series 2, which adds up to £27

Or buy them both at once for £45??

That includes the 4th Doctor Box set, with two "lost stories" from tv-days. They just forgot to write that in. It's 25 £€ individually.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
You also get the Fourth Doctor Lost Stories if you get them together and they cost £25; so you are saving a grand total of £2 by buying them all together...

Every time I see the Hinchcliffe set it seems to have gone up in price to some other value: its now on sale at £40 for a download. Who on earth is going to pay that for it?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Bernice Summerfield, a character that can be vaguely (though not accurately) described as a proto-River Song

River Song is a pound-shop Benny Summerfield

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Paul.Power posted:

The thing about steampunk is that it's at the bottom of the nerd food chain. Actual steam engine nuts get annoyed at the mechanical and historical inaccuracy of it all. And fans of other -punk genres get annoyed because it focuses on the upper classes and not the downtrodden living in a grimy dystopia.

Makes me wonder if there's potential out there for a book that puts both the steam and the punk back into steampunk.
Someone in a Doctor Who thread nerd sharming, and talking about the "nerd food chain". Wonderful.

Like, I don't give a poo poo about steam punk, but that just means I don't give a poo poo about it. People can like what they like. And historical inaccuracy? Really? First off, again, Doctor Who. Second, of course it's not accurate, it's made up fantasy.

SiKboy posted:

Have you considered just not watching it? I mean, I loathe gotham but I'm cool just not watching it, and the people who for some bizarre reason enjoy it can continue to watch their awful show. Like if you hate current who enough to want it cancelled entirely then no-one is forcing you to waste an hour of your saturday on a show you hate*. If you hear its changed into something more like a show you would enjoy you can always catch up anything you miss, or come back here and someone will recommend what episodes you *need* to watch to understand the new status quo or whatever. I'm up and down on capaldis doctor so far, there are episodes I like and episodes I dont, but if I found myself consistantly that angry about the show I'd walk away from it and never look back.

*Unless they are. If they are and you need us to send help then "accidently" double post. We'll know what you mean.

We're 4 episodes into the season. Someone is absolutely allowed to complain about a show they love having a bad start to a season without having to give up on the show. He didn't say he hates the show. He said he's hating this season. Which is less than half way done.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Someone in a Doctor Who thread nerd sharming, and talking about the "nerd food chain". Wonderful.

Like, I don't give a poo poo about steam punk, but that just means I don't give a poo poo about it. People can like what they like. And historical inaccuracy? Really? First off, again, Doctor Who. Second, of course it's not accurate, it's made up fantasy.

You've completely misread his post. Wilfully or not I leave as an exercise.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

MrL_JaKiri posted:

You've completely misread his post. Wilfully or not I leave as an exercise.

I left out the part about the upper class because it's actually a fair point so nothing to complain about. But other than that, what did I miss? Was he sarcastically saying Steam Punk is the bottom of the nerd food chain?

Genuinely asking. If he wasn't nerd shaming Steam Punk, I'll admit I was wrong. But it seemed really annoyed at Steam Punk fans.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Steampunk fans are a very oppressed group you see

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

cargohills posted:

Steampunk fans are a very oppressed group you see

Somewhere between 200-250 psi, I think.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The_Doctor posted:

:golfclap:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

thrawn527 posted:

We're 4 episodes into the season. Someone is absolutely allowed to complain about a show they love having a bad start to a season without having to give up on the show. He didn't say he hates the show. He said he's hating this season. Which is less than half way done.

Yep, people are obviously allowed to dislike the season. I'm 50/50 on it myself. But he said, as I believe I quoted, "Doctor who needs to stop being on TV". My point is basically "I dont like this season and wish it was better" is absolutely a valid opinion. "I dont like this season and it shouldn't be on TV" is the opinion of a giant entitled baby who thinks that their taste is the only valid one and should be imposed on everyone else. If you legit think that a show shouldnt be on TV then its super easy to pretend its not, the TV has other channels. In most places more than one even!

in essence;

thrawn527 posted:

Like, I don't give a poo poo about steam punk this season of doctor who, but that just means I don't give a poo poo about it. People can like what they like.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

The_Doctor posted:

Please convert to pascals, tia

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

cargohills posted:

1 378 951.46 pascals to 1 723 689.32 pascals. :science:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

Just the stylistic differences between this, The Dark Flame and the rest of the main range make me glad Big Finish didn’t follow up too much on the Virgin New Adventures and spun Bernice Summerfield out into her own line. It just felt incredibly mean spirited and a lot more “PG-13” rated than the other stories just in terms of sheer violence, like when the aliens made the con-goers turn on each other in brutal ways.

The thing that really bugged me was Ace deliberately making herself deaf which at first seems like both a clever way around the monsters' powers AND demonstrating just how far she was willing to go to defeat them.... but then they turn it into a running joke where she is running around corridors screaming at the top of her voice while they're supposed to be stealthily making their way to the roof while being hunted by the Scourge. It's like they wanted their cake and to eat it too - have Ace do something so dramatic and then go for the cheap comedy.

Trin Tragula posted:

River Song is a pound-shop Benny Summerfield

I wonder if I'll grow to hate the I'm sure to be impending barrage of trailers/coming soons for The Diary of River Song as much as I do for the Benny one where she writes her journal and makes sardonic comments to her cat. :argh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

cargohills posted:

Lovely chap, Pascal. Always ill.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CobiWann posted:

I’m sorry. Mary Tamm? Jago & Litefoot? DAVID WARNER?!?

And I just don’t like Bennie in these stories. I like Lisa Bowerman and she does a great job AS Bennie, but it’s the same trap as River Song – I love Alex Kingston but sometimes they’re both just a little TOO smug and a little TOO awesome.

Highly recommend The Big Bang Generation, then. The first half is Benny loving stuff up worse than it was to begin with, to the point that she has to send very, very post-dated postcards and text the Twelfth Doctor to help out.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

I left out the part about the upper class because it's actually a fair point so nothing to complain about. But other than that, what did I miss?

He said that people who are fans of actual steam engines from a mechanical and historical point of view would care about the accuracy of the steam engines because that's all they're interested in. Saying "Doctor Who has fake physics" is completely irrelevant. Someone who just looooves history and learning about things that actually happened probably wouldn't be a priori interested in The Shakespeare Code, would they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is Capaldi getting his new console room tonight? I could've sworn I read that somewhere.

• Locked thread