Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Box of Bunnies posted:

You mean wonderful place. The internet is a wonderful, wonderful place.

It's a global source of practical uses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Box of Bunnies posted:

You mean wonderful place. The internet is a wonderful, wonderful place.

Perhaps, but someone has bought every original painting from that set except for Shia as 8. What the hell, internet. That Shia fits perfectly!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Perhaps, but someone has bought every original painting from that set except for Shia as 8. What the hell, internet. That Shia fits perfectly!

Big Finish already drove that crowd into crippling debt.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Agreed.

Unrelated:

The internet is a strange, strange place.

is it just me or does Shia-as-4th look like Norm McDonald?

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Tim Burns Effect posted:

is it just me or does Shia-as-4th look like Norm McDonald?

Shia LaHartnell looks like Kevin Spacey to me.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Agreed.

Unrelated:

The internet is a strange, strange place.

Uhh, actually, that's loving hilarious

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
This seems like the place to ask, has anyone else gotten the Big Finish Prisoner? I'm listening to the first episode right now, and while I think they went a little far with what, to be fair, was always going to be tricky in audio (replicating the resignation from the opening titles), the twist in updating the Village is pretty clever, I have to admit. The fancy technology is all mostly based on stuff the modern listener would be familiar with but which would be uncommon knowledge or pure sci-fi in the 50s and 60s. Touch-screen and voice-recognition interfaces, DNA for ID, biometric security, cordless and video phones.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Gaz-L posted:

This seems like the place to ask, has anyone else gotten the Big Finish Prisoner? I'm listening to the first episode right now, and while I think they went a little far with what, to be fair, was always going to be tricky in audio (replicating the resignation from the opening titles), the twist in updating the Village is pretty clever, I have to admit. The fancy technology is all mostly based on stuff the modern listener would be familiar with but which would be uncommon knowledge or pure sci-fi in the 50s and 60s. Touch-screen and voice-recognition interfaces, DNA for ID, biometric security, cordless and video phones.

I thought it was pretty good overall - considering the limitations of adapting the stories, and I'm looking forward to the next series. The cast was pretty great as well :allears:

The only disappointment I had, is that the famous intro exchange between Six and the current Two only appears introducing the actors in the behind-the-scenes, and not during the actual episodes themselves. And, well I guess I was expecting more original stories than adaptions. That said though, the original story of the bunch, Your Beautiful Village felt more like a repurposed Who script with the setting of complete sensory deprivation and weird dimensional shifts - for want of a better term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760489

• Locked thread