Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So I came up with a Crazy Fan Theory about a Theories Theory.

The basic Level 1 theory: Missy talking about the time the doctor spent as a girl. Actually true. Or will be true. Or will have been true? I haven't read Dr. Dan's 1001 Time Travel Tense formations OK.

The odd Level 2 theory about said theory: Moffat purposefully wrote that line the way he did to get crazy internet people to suspect that the Doctor being a girl at one point was not the lie out of the three.

The Level 3 where Crazy goes to town: Of course, as crazy internet people once suspecting this they come to suspect that the girl who appeared in the trailers must then be the Doctor! What other little girl could possibly play a teenage rebellious gender swapping Doctor than Maisie Williams! She can change her face if you believe Game of Thrones!

Which leaves us at Level 4: We the thread are all the crazy internet people, and we should bow our heads in shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Gordon Shumway posted:

- The Doctor playing guitar on a tank, I'm sure Peter Capaldi was having the time of his life filming that scene but it was so cringeworthy

You, sir, are wrong! (As in Capaldi was both having his time of his life and the scene was not cringe worthy)

Also the fish tank pun, which I loved.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Well have we had a villain who rolls around on 60's roller skates like a drive in employee?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I really love the idea of memetic virus's. Liked the episode.

I just don't feel like Coleman is playing Clara as secretly traumatized as she should be.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
My biggest issue was with O'Donnell's death. It was so hacky. Unknown baddie sneaks up behind her, slow turn, gets shot with an alien space gun. Fast forward to the Doctor finding her dying, no blood, somehow surviving space gun for a minute.

To me that whole sequence screamed setup. As in the doctor set it up so she looks like she's dying and she knows she has to act like shes dying from being shot by the Fisher King. Somehow they decided that was a well shot death scene.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Well I propose an episode wherein Wilf, a 40 year old Amy & Rory, and a middle aged Face of Boe steal the Tardis while the doctor is hanging around not solving any disaster and something something something Wilf!

But during their adventure they break the Nav again and while they manage to get it home the Doctor is now stuck with a Tardis that can't aim right.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

qntm posted:

I figure any kind of situation like that has a few rickety early iterations which don't play out in exactly the same way, until eventually everything settles down into the steady, repeating cycle.

Related

http://qntm.org/responsibility

~10 minute short story.

Which given the site name has made me wonder if you're the same.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

armoredgorilla posted:

Hi, I've enjoyed reading your short stories off and on for several years now. Welp see you later.

Same.

I figure that when I see 'recursive loop that self regulates' and immediately jump to an obscure short story that that's praise enough.

But yeah. Long time fan.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 2, 2015

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

remusclaw posted:

So, I wonder how Moffat was going to force the final regeneration into the Eleventh Doctors run if he had managed to get Eccleston in the 50th special? Where do you find the loophole there, or do you think he just waits?

Ok you lost me at some point. How would having Eccleston in th 50th have affected Smith's regeneration? War would still have regenerated to 9 at the end. The numbers still work out all the same.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Well it would have been a shame not to get John Hurt. So not including him doesn't make sense to me. Guess it worked out for the best in my opinion.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
If Broadway plays didn't cost hundreds per ticket I would go.

As for Gillian I really enjoyed her acting is Occulus and Guardians, and Tennant was fantastic is Jessica Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Random Stranger posted:

When they got back to the TARDIS I smiled when I realized that the Doctor would get to do the "bigger on the inside!" reaction. Capaldi had way too much fun with that.

I almost wish he hadn't overacted it an had gone with a more genuine how 'non-doctor base human Peter Capaldi' would react to being exposed for the first time. Instead of the acting like the doctor being a sarcastic rear end about it.

Overall enjoyed the episode despite its flaws. Payoff on 6 years of buildup was worth is as long as they leave it as closure.

• Locked thread