Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Was over too soon, if I didn't know in advance it was a two parter would be very confused. Should have had "part 1" as part of the title. According to the write up in the paper the second half wraps things up in a good way (I assume the press got to see both parts)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Squalitude posted:

Yes if only things could be more spoiled with fewer surprises.

I don't know what you mean?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Squalitude posted:

You're saying the episode should have had "part one" and then started talking about what the TV guide said for next week. I'm trying to emphasise that some of us don't want to know what to expect going into an episode. I know I'm a stupid luddite and should get with the times and just happily read the episode guide I saw in SFX earlier this week, but I just don't want to. But, as you so wonderfully put it, you just don't know what I mean.

I didn't know what you meant as your statement "Yes if only things could be more spoiled with fewer surprises." was pretty vague when I made a couple of different points in my post. I now know what you mean. I'm glad you thought I put it wonderfully, I put a lot of thought into my initial reply.

I hate spoilers, I just happend to notice that in the "whats on TV tonight" bit, the guy mentioned that the second part is really good. No spoliers.
If I didn't know that this was part one of a 2 parter I would have been incredibly confused - the epiosde, as other people have said, was poorly paced and just ended. The "cliffhanger" was really poo poo. Having 2 part stories flagged as such is pretty drat common in TV.

Another point, the music was loving awful. It was all over the place thematically and drowned out dialogue in multiple places.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Wolfechu posted:

Just got done watching the episode, and I don't know if it's our TV, or they've changed the sound mixing or something, but Jesus Christ, Murray Gold was just stamping on half the dialogue.

I haven't even complained once about the incidental music in the last ten years, but we had to watch several scenes multiple times to figure out what people were saying, Davros particularly. We ended up watching the last ten minutes with closed captioning on.

Other than that, really enjoyed the episode.

It's not just you - I mentioned it earlier in the thread too.

And More posted:

The episode was pretty entertaining. I was kind of bummed when I realised they were not going to wrap things up. Moffat seems hell-bent on turning Doctor Who into feature films. It just doesn't seem like such a good idea considering how hit-or-miss the show can be. Series 8 had a nice breakneck pace to it that made it easy to ignore the duds. This feels a little slow.

Sorry to break it to you, but even though Moffat derided 2 parters in the past, most of this season are 2 parters

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Disagree entirely. Almost all of the things that are brought up are resolved in the episode, to the extent that someone could watch the cold opening and the last few minutes and, with all likelihood, not miss anything that will affect part 2.

The stuff about the planes? Resolved. UNIT? Resolved. The Doctor being "missing"? Resolved. What is there apart from "The Doctor is on Skaro with Davros, who he left in a minefield as a child, and his companion, the Master, and the TARDIS have all been daleked"?

Things that are still to resolved (all of which are reasonably big)

How did Missy come back?
Why was the doctor hiding?
Why does he think it is his last day?
What is in his will?

There is no way that this episode stands up on its own - hopefully part 2 will bring it all together.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

MrL_JaKiri posted:

MEEEEEEEE

(Or, more accurately, a trip back to Producer/Script Editor land because I don't think it's any coincidence that the quality of the scripts supplied by the show runner absolutely nosedived over their runs)

Agreed. People just throw out writers that have done good stories as possible showrunners with no idea at all if they are qualified to do the job. Writing for a show is completely different to managing the shows output.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Didn't like it overall. Some good bits but like last week it was all just too disjointed.
The whole "haha, see I knew what you were doing all along and it was actually my plan all this time do stop you in this particular way. Oh by the way the tardis can disintergrate and reform it's self now." Was just awful and rushed, and made no real sense.

For people like me who dislike the sonic sunglasses, from next week's preview , they are back

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Cleretic posted:

I feel like a lot of these two episodes were probably filled in by Capaldi. Not in full, the gist of the plot was probably there, but I feel like Capaldi had a lot of input on seeing scenes like this happen.

This is kind of a weird two-parter, structurally. Last week's episode was one that really needed its second part to complete the story, but this episode barely needed the previous at all. I mean it does need it, if only for context, but it almost works as a standalone just because so few questions it raises were answered in the first. That's not a bad thing, but it does enforce that feeling that this might have been planned as a movie-length opener.

I think my favorite part, doing no disservice to the rest of the episode, was The Only Other Chair On Skaro.

BBC are repeating the episodes back to back as one movie this afternoon.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean, sure, it'd be fine for the showrunners not to think "we can do no wrong, the audience will follow us anywhere." But I'm thinking more of the kind of clumsy top-down interference that gave us Galactica 1980, Buck Rogers Season 2, and Community Season 4.

And plus, really, despite all the craziness in Part 1, this ended up being downright traditional. The Doctor gets put in a trap by an old enemy, manages to clever his way out by the skin of his teeth, the Master- er, Missy gets caught in a collapsing city but probably will be around for the next time they need her, etc.

On top of which, they actually managed to handle the self referential stuff in an interesting way- they touched on the idea that there's this icon of "The Doctor" that is wonderful and good and heroic, and there's the real old man in a box, and he wants to live up to that ideal but it takes work. He does have those values of mercy and compassion but he has to push himself sometimes. This is good writing. This is character development. For all that the concrete plot stuff gets handwaved, this season and the last have actually delved into The Doctor as person in a way the show rarely has in the past.

Except the Doctor didn't get put into a trap and clever his way out by the skin of his teeth, the Doctor put him self there and smugged his way out with a series of Deus Ex Machinas. Literally nothing that happened over the past 2 episodes meant anything.
And the Doctor left Clara on Skaro.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

A Deus Ex Machina is something that literally comes out of nowhere. We know regeneration energy is powerful and can be transferred in some circumstances. We know there are decomposing Dalek mutants in the sewers. There is foreshadowing.

Tardis disintegration and reformation abilities - out of nowhere.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't realize this was a 2-parter :gonk:

Edit: Kind of an odd episode, I kept feeling like there was something more going on and it was going to come to the fore at any point, and it moved at a good enough pace that I wasn't really aware of the time and didn't realize it was a 2-parter right up until it ended (there's something going on with the deaf lady refusing to let her translator into the ship). Like The Magician's Apprentice I think I won't really be able to get a read on this until the 2nd part has aired, and hopefully it doesn't feel as detached from its first part as The Witch's Familiar did.

Yeah most of this season are 2 parters.

I liked this one much better than the last 2. As I said earlier in the thread the last 2 weeks didn't really sit right with me, both parts were oddly paced and the first part didn't work on it's own. This one felt good - there was stuff happening, the story moved forwards, we learnt something about what was going on, the Doctor interacted with the other characters and there is a good cliffhanger.

Good stuff.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

I loved the cards - did you manage to capture the others?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Cerv posted:

remember when tennant did something sonic to a pair of 3D specs? was amusing as a one note joke, but I think making these shades an ongoing thing is a bit tedious.

and it's a bit weird them being such an obvious identifiable brand. if the BBC did product placement you'd be rolling your eyes at how it's a bit much. tennant wore converse but they didnt' shove it in the audience's face so.

Well that style of sunglasses has pretty much become one of the "generic sunglass" styles (along with aviators) - walk into any shop that sells sunglasses (in the UK at least) and there will be 3 or 4 different Wayfarer style knockoffs in the racks. Same with Converse really - that style of shoe has been popular for ages now and you can pickup shoes that look like them pretty much anywhere.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

GonSmithe posted:

I'm pretty sure Peter Capaldi probably asked to play the guitar because he plays the guitar and thought it would be cool if his Doctor could play guitar.

That doesn't make it a good idea.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

But he was also Dennis Pennis and various other roles for years.

So? The question was just GoT before Who, not GoT as their first role then Who as their second.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't care for this episode. All of the plot hooks just dropped (the phone not mattering at all, intruding on his own timeline not mattering because it was just a hologram anyway, the "it's a paradox! Weird...anyway...", etc.) felt way off. So ghosts aren't real? Or the Fisher King used their "souls"? Doesn't that imply ghosts are indeed real, just that he grabbed them and used them for...a communications relay? That's weak. The Fisher King looked great in profile, but pretty awful straight on.

And yeah, the Doctor won with a trick that was half a step above, "Made ya look."

The setup was intriguing, and the special effects were great. But that's about it.

Also, we're two stories in, and both have the Doctor coming to terms with his own death, only to say, "Nah, never mind." Is every story this season going to involve the Doctor coming to terms with the concept of his own death, just to hand wave it away? And the guitar. My god, the guitar. Again, fine, I guess, to have the moment once, but two stories in a row hand jamming in Capaldi playing the guitar seems incredibly forced, and I don't really understand why. Did he learn to play in the off season, and they just said, "Eh, let's have the Doctor play the guitar in every story now. Why not, who gives a poo poo?"

I'm really not liking this season so far. Wasn't this season supposed to be the Doctor and Clara finally comfortable and just having fun adventures? It's been dour, "I'm going to die" stories so far. It's like a rehash of the Trenzalore story line, but every week started and "resolved". Sure it's just two stories, but it's 4 episodes, which is 33% of the season. I want my fun adventures, dammit.

Pretty much agree 100% with all that.
I liked the first part, disliked the second part for all of the reasons you state.
I just want the characters to have some fun (but no guitars).
I don't know why the Doctors death is a big thing so far this season - we just got over all that at the end of Smiths run, with his dealing with his last regeneration and all. The Doctor should be bouncing around with joy that he has a whole life (or more) that he shouldn't have had. It's the equivilent of surviving terminal cancer.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Fil5000 posted:

Is Who airing later than it did previously as well? In my head Who starts some time between 6:30 and 7:30, but it seems constantly to be sitting at 8pm+ these days.

It's not been on at the same time each episode this season. This week it starts at 8:20 I think.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

I liked bits of it, especially the bits where Capaldi actually got to ACT. (And Maisie Williams got to act. And Jenna Coleman, to some extent, the scene where she almost convinces them to leave was brill) but there was so much stupid it just bothered me. Electric eels do not live in Norway. Vikings didn't wear horned helmets. I'm pretty sure Vikings didn't call themselves Vikings, although that can be handwaved by translation circuits, but why were those still working when it was two days' sail away? If Baby is a language, why cant the TARDIS translate that too? Electromagnets strong enough to do that from that distance would also have been strong enough to rip all the nails out of the roof, not to mention the phone out of the dude's hand. Etc etc etc. The fake CGI snake looked horrible, and it didn't make it much better that it turned out to in fact BE a fake CGI snake in story, because... why were the power armoured laser-wielding strongest warriors in the galaxy SCARED of a snake? Why did Ashildr even need to be in the helmet in the first place, it's not like she had any ability to use the tech. Or was it some kind of mind reading helmet? The whole thing with her dying felt a bit weak and un-foreshadowed, but setting the doctor up as willing to sacrifice her for everyone else felt in keeping with Capaldi's portrayal. Then the finale was just a complete take-back of that whole interesting development. And also, has the Doctor learned NOTHING about what goes wrong when alien battlefield technology goes to work on humans from ARE YOU MY MUMMY for gently caress's sake.

It rang too much of spitfires in space and robin hood with laser sheriffs. Either do comedy, in which case don't do dark and serious, or do dark and serious in which case gently caress off with the silly electric eels and so forth.

It had its moments, I liked the aliens, both the power armour and the head design, Capaldi's moments of bombast and some of the jokes and character interactions etc. But overall it just had too many moments which broke my suspension of disbelief to actually enjoy it.

I was also a bit baffled by TO BE CONTINUED. It was a finished story, albeit setting up what is clearly intended to be a recurring character. The next story isn't *continuing* this one, it's a new story which happens to include this person.

Arg.

Dr Who isn't a history, nature or science documentary.

I liked it - my favourite of this season so far.
Start was good, highlighting the fact that they have adventures we don't get to see.
Coleman, Capaldi and Masie Williams got their acting on.
Loved the training segment - the lineup with the nicknames and the cutaway to the chaos after he let them have real swords was awesome.
That was how you do a 2 parter. Next week looks cool (although wierdly the "next time" section didn't have Clara in it )

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

Actually it kind of was a history documentary originally. And yes, I do take that point, but at the same time, there's no harm in being accurate to things like horned helmets. And electric eels. Because they're things that kick people out of stories.

Well yeah, back in 1964 - that point hasn't been relevant or a remit of the show since about the third series.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I need to watch that again, because right now all I can think is 'Well that was a mess'.

I'm curious as to why you think this episode was a "mess", especially as that term has been used a lot for the other episodes this season (rightly so I think) ?
It was tightly scripted, had a beginning and an end (which leads nicely into the next episode), had some good clara and doctor moments and the bad guys were cool looking.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I really need to watch this episode again, so I can see this great wonder I apparently missed.

Thats what you posted earlier but you never said what you didn't like.
It's OK not to like something, plenty of other people didn't like it just so you don't feel alone.

CobiWann posted:

The plot of The Girl Who Died reminded me a lot of movies like Seven Samurai, The Magnificent Seven (or its anime counterpart Samurai 7) and Battle Beyond the Stars, all movies where a group of ragtag warriors are recruited to defend a poor village from an overwhelming force.

You know that all of those movies you referenced are remakes of Seven Samurai right?

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 18, 2015

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I really enjoyed that.
They got across the fact that she lived a really loving long time and was sort of broken really well.
They are really foreshadowing Clara leaving. I've gotten this vibe all season that the Doctor knows something that is going to happen, or there is something that he has experienced in the future that he cannot change that we are drifting towards.

2 minor things that jumped out at me - when the soldiers were arresting the Doctor it looked like there was a mike pack or something dangling down from under his breastplate (it certainly looked square and modern and not part of his costume). The fake horse that they made Capaldi jump about on for his closeups was hilariously bad.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Astroman posted:

Very excited about the 10/Donna audios!

I can't see how these won't sell like gangbusters, and I fully expect 10 to go into at least a T Bakes amount of output per year.

Also this means there's no real reason we can't have Matt Smith audios. I'd also be shocked if they didn't do a Jenny series at some point, when Moffat figures out if she will or won't be back on screen and what her journey would be to get there. I mean if her father and husband are doing audios...

The other great thing is that it's pretty much a lock that within a year or two of him leaving the screen, Capaldi will probably be doing audios so as the Ood say, the story never ends. :allears:

A few years ago I had a mental wishlist of stuff that I'd love to see from BF, and while the list is constantly updated, they've delivered on almost all of it--4th Doctor, a great Anniversary, bringing back The Valeyard, full cast adventures in the first 3 Doctors' eras, and now New Series Adventures with Captain Jack, River, and 10. Pretty much the only things I can think of would be getting David Bradley and Sean Pertwee to do 1 and 3. At this point, I'd literally say anything is possible for BF.

I haven't been able to listen lately because my fm transmitter in my car broke, but I have a new one on the way so I have a lot to buy! I've been able to do a rewatch of enough of Blake's 7 to feel comfortable diving into those audios. Also looking forward to The Prisoner.

I think you are getting a bit carried away with future certainties based on just this announcement of 3 stories with Tennant.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

DeafNote posted:

I do know that I ... dont know how I feel about this episode
It was very un-who-ish

Agreed - everything was off about it, even considering Clara was a zygon. They even had the doctor being OK with them killing a whole village as long as they keep a couple alive for questioning.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Burkion posted:

OH and bonus points- The Doctor advocates the murder of Zygons so long as 'a few are kept alive for questioning.'

yeah I mentioned this earlier - the Doctor was written so out of character, he just stood about and let things happen. He didn't act to stop the drone strike, let UNIT go ahead with their plan for exterminating a village in Madeupestan, just watched a bunch of idiots walk to their death, then captured one and let it be tied up like Hannibal loving Lector.
Outside of the whole terrible islamic terrorist allegories it was just badly written with characters making dumb descisions and acting out of character

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
That was a good episode. With some shuffling of stuff and tight editing I reckon you could boil this whole 2 parter into 1 episode. Cut all the running about all over the world cruft, spend 25 minutes at the start getting Clara captured and the zygons in the room with Kate and Osgood setting up the standoff, Doctor arrives in the tardis, proceed as it was.
Nothing that happened redeemed last weeks though. There was no "inversion" or redemption of the things that happened.

Another bit at the end foreshadowing that the doctor knows or has already experienced something bad is going to happen to Clara.

Next week starts at another different random time, 8:15 GMT.
There was an interview with Capaldi on the BBC website earlier where he thinks it should be on earlier (I agree) and that people should stop worrying about on the night viewing figures (also agree).

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

IceAgeComing posted:

I'm pretty sure that when it wasn't on at the same time of year as Strictly Come Dancing it was on at around 7/7:30: but unless they move it to the Spring or change the day (which would be stupid, Doctor Who has always been a Saturday show) or something then they're kind of stuck at going out when they currently are.

Dunno what I thought about that: it was better than the last one and the ending bit was quite nice, but it was nowhere near good enough to counter the poo poo that the first episode was. Capaldi was very good though: I think that he may have made the script seem better than it fundamentally was.

They could, I don't know, put it on in place of the tediousness that is Celebrity Pointless that is on before the dancing show each week. News -> Doctor Who -> Dancing -> Lottery. Every week for 8-10 weeks. Sequence starts at 6:15 +/- half an hour based on whatever sports is on before the news. Sorted. I can have my dinner whilst watching Doctor Who, then gently caress off and do something else until I go to bed.

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 7, 2015

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Didn't someone tox themselves that this week would turn the previous episode on its head?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah, that was utterly fantastic :munch:. This episode was a complete inversion (:haw:) of Invasion in terms of quality, and made The Zygon Invasion completely irrelevant because none of the supposedly big important story beats carried through to this one. They could've gutted Invasion down to about 5-10 minutes of setup and wrapped it into Inversion altogether.

That said, I did like Kate's remark of "five rounds, rapid". Finally found something bullets work on :allears:.

Yeah I said pretty much that earlier - a goon upthread said he is going to try to do it :)

I found the five rounds rapid remark too forced and the whole sequence really badly pulled off

"How did you survive"
*slow zoom into her face while she is looking off into the distance*
Cut to a human turning into a zygon and menacing her really slowly while she cowers in fear. Cut back to her aiming her pistol and firing it really badly.
Cut back to the present
"Five rounds rapid" *smirk to camera*
No reactions from anyone else in the room.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I'm currently watching Fringe for the first time, and I've got to the arc where Walter mentions Peter's death a few times before revealing the truth, so I've become a little sensitive to that sort of dialogue. This doesn't feel like that, and aside from this instance of 'a month/a couple of days' where are people pulling this Clara's dead thing from?

I can't remember the specifics but there have been a few times where the doctor has given some weird wistful looks at Clara when she has talked about being around forever and the future and he has acted oddly when it comes to her safety. Similar to the "felt like a month" thing. Nothing concrete, just some vibes.

One Swell Foop posted:

So did anyone else notice the tardis-style litter bin/trashcan just after the doctor and Osgood parachuted to safety? I got very distracted wondering if it was somehow a plot point but then realized I was probably way overthinking it.

I did the same :)

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Hahahahahahahaha, what the gently caress? Um...

I enjoyed that. Not sure what happened at the end though.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Cerv posted:

they ran out of script and just stopped

Yeah it seemed like there should have been one more scene.
Doctor gets into the Tardis stating that he still thinks something is not quite right, he is missing something, bad guy pops up stating that everythign is going according to plan and is about to wipe out humanity. <missing thing> . Episode ends.

is this going to be a meta 2 parter where we get the conclusion in 2 weeks time? (next week from the preview is a different story)

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

echoplex posted:

My girlfriend said that too - having read the script I knew where it was going but its really interesting to see so many people get that idea from it.

I actually think this episode turned out stronger than the shooting script suggested it would, the atmosphere overall was really good. I will say (diplomatically) that I think Ep9 is the least-strong of all of them, and I think 10 & 11 are the strongest (on paper anyway), so I'm looking forward to the next two episodes.

Can you explain the point of the episode and what happened at the end - are we all missing something?

Also I noticed another "Doctor says weird out of place thing relating to clara and death" - in the cold storage when the leader Geordie woman and Clara want to go back out The Doctor says some bit of poetry I guess? (bit of a theme this episode) about dying.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Rochallor posted:

This is far from a good story but I don't understand at all the complaints about the sleep dust. It's thematically appropriate and it works from a folkloric perspective (the dust accumulates because nobody's sleeping).

Sleep dust accumulates while you are sleeping, hence the name. If no one is sleeping there will be no dust.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
That was good.
I still find it odd that the Doctor reverted to his costume from last season and all of the "Clara is getting reckless" stuff which they have been referencing all season - maybe that will be resolved next week or if that was all just leading up to her tattoo transference choice.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Does anyone know why they're going back to two-part DVD releases for season nine? Last year they did the "Deep Breath" single-disc then had the complete season eight set out in time for Christmas, but I was looking on Amazon the other day and it seems as though season nine part two won't be out until early next year (no word on when the full thing will be out, either).

Probably so the Xmas episode can be included on the second part.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
There is a periodic thing they have started on the iPlayer where Frank Skinner talks to a random "tv personality" about shows they find interesting on the iPlayer and play clips (basically an advert for the service).
In the latest one he recommends Dr Who (no suprise as he is a huge fan), but he specifically points out the Doctors war speech in the zygon inversion and gets really emotional about it, like literally crying just from rewatching it and talking about it.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

OldMemes posted:

The confession dial was like a pocket dimension type thing, I thought. So the Doctor isn't actually over a billion years older, he just lived out the loop that long, when he came back to the normal universe, hes still chronologically the same age. At least that's how I read it.

Because he was basically cloning himself from the initial teleported in version each time he reset he never aged.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

Yep pretty much. The Doctor didn't age at all beyond what was actually shown in the episode (though it's a little unclear how long each loop was, it didn't feel like it was more than a week or so per loop), he certainly wasn't continuously active for the whole x-ty billion year cycle.

The Doctor was active for the whole x-ty billion year cycle, as that is how long it took to wear down the barrier 1 cycle at a time, it's just that each time the loop resets so does his body and memories. So chronologically the Doctor has only aged as long as the last cycle (which as you say is maybe about a week).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

I enjoyed it a lot. It was something a bit different.

The way I reconciled the diamond wall thing was that he always finds each room the way he left it, and every time he went into room 12 the diamond wall had an incrementally deeper hole in it from last time.

Not sure what you mean by "reconcile" - they explicitly show the rooms resetting themselves mid cycle as he wanders about and the diamond wall getting incrementally deeper is the whole point of the the thing. It doesn't get reset for reasons unknown.

• Locked thread