Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
I liked Missy above everything else in the episode. I know it's a fault of the writing, but Jenna Coleman just doesn't interest me at all and the fact that she went from seeing Missy kill several UNIT agents to being friends with her almost immediately after was so weird, as if she was like "oh well if the Doctor still likes you then it doesn't matter that you're a murderer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

His non-finale episodes typically are either Base Under Siege (Tooth and Claw, Midnight) or Society Gone Wrong (The Long Game, Gridlock) - not grand scale invasions.

I rewatched Midnight the other day. It still holds up as one of the best NuWho single episodes imo.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Dabir posted:

On the other hand, you said 'NuWho' unironically so we know what your opinion is worth.

I like Midnight too

I w-was being ironic...I....

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Astroman posted:

Also Jack is from the 50th century or thereabouts; probably by then they have lifespans into 200 years or so, and there could be some genetic engineering/evolution at hand that would help memory.

I think it's also worth comparing why Jack isn't such a dick. Of course, he's had less time than Ashdlr; could he be headed for the same fate? Could the Doctor meet a Jack in the year 2300 who is a raging evil rear end in a top hat? That'd be worth an episode.

Wait, I thought it was heavily implied that Jack turned in to the Face of Boe after thousands or hundreds of thousands of years?

• Locked thread