Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

When I was getting my buddy into Big Finish, I replaced "Minuet in Hell" with "The Light at the End" and that went very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

The Magician's Apprentice felt a lot like a 10th Doctor story to me. Kind of a mess, but mostly enjoyable, which is how I feel about most of 10's stories.

Missy is cool. I want a story from her POV. Where the Doctor shows up and irritates her, instead of vice versa.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

So, odds on The Doctor murdering a frightened child? I'd be tempted if I were Moffat, if only to try and summon the spirit of Mary Whiehouse out of spite.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I hope they bring Wilf into the audios too. That is awesome.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

six-and-donna please and thank you

Seconded.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I would like a Tom/David team-up. Two most popular Doctors in one audio? Bigfinish.com would crash again.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Ten meets Jamie and they get strapped into a machine that makes them swap accents.

I'm down.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Forktoss posted:

The R1 release? I bought the R2 version just the other week for ten bucks. Sounds to me like the money you'd save in Who serials alone would make up for the cost of a region-free DVD player!

Yeah, that's been my plan for a while. Just can't seem to convince my wife that it's totally worth the cost of yet another DVD player, and then the costs of importing English DVDs.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

It's nice to enjoy two episodes in a row. I was expecting the worst, even after liking part one auite a bit. I think I have become a bitter nerd by accident.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

ewe2 posted:

Oh Doctor, what a big laser you have...

Brazzers made another video?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

RIP Doctor Who.
1963 - 1989
2005 - 2015

Death by Ratings

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I honestly wouldn't mind if Gomez just pops up every episode this season, Delgado-style.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Sometimes "Doctor Who" is good. People just can't agree on when that is.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

side_burned posted:

I think I would have liked these two episodes better if Davros and Missy had been the two locked in room together and got in dick waving contest over which one was the Doctor's greatest nemis.

Now that's an idea I'd like to see Big Finish tackle.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Burkion posted:

I wonder if Ian will cameo.

I will watch it if that happens.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Rat Flavoured Rats posted:

What's your basis for saying this? Has she said as much?

I think it's because she's ALMOST been written out more than once, but then was not.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Resurrection of the Daleks is really good. It's my first time seeing it. It doesn't look good, but the story is good. Probably the most I've enjoyed a Fifth Doctor TV story outside of "The Five Doctors" and "The Caves of Androzani."

egon_beeblebrox fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 7, 2015

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Trin Tragula posted:

Consolidated rating for The Witch's Familiar: 5.71 million, the lowest since 2005. Or, put another way, a show that used to sit up with Coronation Street and EastEnders in the weekly charts is now being handily beaten by loving Emmerdale. Once again, the limit of timeshifting appears to be about 2 million regardless of whatever else was going on during original broadcast. If ratings stay at this level I wouldn't be surprised if something happens in time for the next series.

Meanwhile, Under the Lake got an AI of 84, so at least the people who are left are still enjoying it.

RIP Doctor Who

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

CobiWann posted:

So thanks to a friend of mine, I started picking up and reading the New Adventures line of novels.

Now I really miss Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor.

Only Human is really good.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Man, "The Happiness Patrol" is a Hell of a Thing.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Catching up on the thread, and all I have to say is that Young Hartnell was good-looking. Surprising, because he seemed like Someone Who Had Always Been Old.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

My sister is very angry that 10 and Donna are coming back audio-only. I said she should count herself lucky that they're doing it so soon after their TV season. Still angry. Poor girl.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Let me interrupt to say...

NO! Not The Mind Probe.

"The Five Doctors" is some dumb fun.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

The special edition of "The Five Doctors" is really silly. Even the text commentary points out how most of the added time is a Doctor and Companion looking at something for like an extra second or two.

Anyway

I wish the modern show would do a Multi-Master episode. I've said this numerous times. Gomez, Simm, and Jacobi. Just let them screw with each other until Gomez causes Simm to regenerate. Bam, She caused herself to exist by being so insane.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Yes please.

Absolutely. Agreed.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I've been watching a lot of Quantum Leap lately, and I really want Scott Bakula as a guest star, just so I can pretend it's a secret crossover.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I hope Eccleston works with Big Finish soon. Few hours of recording a week, nice environment. Maybe they'll get him.

Then we get him and Tom in a room together. Best multi-Doctor story ever.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

This cracks me up every time I see it. It's so dumb and hilarious.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Spatula City posted:

and Rachel Talalay remains one of the show's very best directors. :colbert:

Never would've expected that from the person who made Tank Girl, Ghost in the Machine, and Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

They're never going to return.

On television. You can bet Big Finish already has plans.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Cliff Racer posted:

Be warned, the animated reconstruction of Reign of Terror is.... not good.

It's distractingly bad. The Invasion's animated bits weren't great, but at least they kept the style the show had at the time.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

McCoy just IS The Doctor, isn't he?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Rewatched the TV Movie today to test out a new region 0 player. Forgot how very...90's it is.

"Ah, the Asian child."
*pops leather trenchcoat collar*

That and when The Master is being a dick about grammar crack me up when I watch it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Hans Zimmer's best work.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

So how is that "Worlds of Big Finish" box set? It comes in that Humble Bundle, and I know basically nothing about the various productions it's crossing over. Is it worth listening to?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Davros1 posted:

I enjoyed it, and each ep is only 30 minutes, so if there's a character you don't like, it's not like you're stuck with them through the whole thing.

Sweet, thanks. Hopefully I'll like parts of it and have another Big Finish show to get into.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

He mainly just ages them so much to give Big Finish lots of leeway.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Attitude Indicator posted:

it's all gone downhill since Hartnell left

Sometimes I agree with that. I occasionally forget how good stuff like "The Time Meddler" is.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

I was going to post something but then you did it unironically and now anything I can come up will pale in comparison.

Nah, it was a pretty big, silly exaggeration. Still, Hartnell's run is pretty damned good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

What are the odds Matt Smith does audios within ten years? I wouldn't mind him being back soon.

Ten and Donna having new stories so soon is Great. I don't much like Ten except when he's with Donna.

• Locked thread