Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

just one utter turd that shouldn't have been made.

I'm assuming that was the forest-trees magic burn off the atmosphere something something episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Autonomous Monster posted:

Oh wow. Props to the set dressers

e: Ah, poo poo. Why is this show so terrible at technobabble? Even by the standards of technobabble.

Not a fan of suicide-moons?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

just_a_guy posted:

Ok. This is miles better than last year's opening

This has gone somewhere very weird.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Oh its Gallifrey

Edit: Not Gallifrey.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

just_a_guy posted:

In the sense that time flew by or lack of content?

All the planes have stopped is it a bomb is it an earthquake Panic panic whizzbang rushy rushy oh it's Missy that was easy planes are moving.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

2house2fly posted:

Rewatching it, there's a glaring flaw in the bit where Missy opens the airlock. Clara is completely wrong, they wouldn't get sucked out if they were in space. They would get blown out.

Then what is sucking?

I get the joke, it's air pushing them out, not the vacuum pulling them. But if that's the case then there's no such thing as sucking. It can't exist, because it's only ever blowing.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Burkion posted:

Well you've never heard of a suck job have you?

The only thing that sucks anymore are Moffat's scripts

:)

A blowjob actually involves sucking.

Q.E loving D.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

For a minute I was convinced we'd see dozens of Kaleds punching their way out of Dalek shells.

Homicidal Dalek poo was pretty good though. And probably expected, given the Master's familiarity with sewers.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Didn't we already have Timelord-Dalek hybrids in Daleks in Manhattan?

Or do Timelord-Dalek-Pigmen not count?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

CherryCat posted:

Keep this intro forever.

This is like the ending of Day of the Doctor - cheesy, pointless fanwanking.

And like that - it owns bones.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Toby Whithouse presents Doc to the Future II

Is that General Grevious' head?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

marktheando posted:

I don't think any horrendous UNIT thing can top cyberbrig or Lee Evans so at least the worst is behind us.

Cyber brig was the most shockingly distasteful thing I've seen the BBC, and the way they aired it on Remembrance weekend makes me think they thought they were being respectful.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

They must really wish that Peep Show didn't come back only a few days ago.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Is the doctor stoned this episode? Why is he standing around reading poetry?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

A video signal that causes people to mutate into hideous sand monsters is a cool idea. Reece Shearsmith explain his masterplan and laughing wildly as he collapses into sand is loving terrifying.

Shame only about 90 seconds of the episode was about that, and the rest was people running round shouting nonsense at each other.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Tsaedje posted:

Scaring kids so they can't sleep after telling them the only way to be safe is sleep is top quality Doctor Who. Also running down corridors.

I was really hoping that the title would have been painfully literally - a monster that kills you when you sleep. Stay awake all night, and the monster can't get you.

The next week, The Doctor reveals that Mummy and Daddy don't love you anymore, and that Ruffles didn't go to doggy heaven.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

anastazius posted:

Have we seen Rigsy before? I really can't remember.. I'd just figured he was a new character who Clara knew off-screen.

Episode was fantastic, easily my favourite of this series so far.

Last season, he was in Flat Stanley's Revenge

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Mo0 posted:

I felt like Clara's death was a fitting end to the intermittent "Clara is becoming too much like the Doctor" arc. She spent so much time becoming the Doctor that she died the way all Doctors do: Doing something stupid to save her Companion, and rolling a critical failure on her Luck check. She just forgot that when that happens to the Doctor, he gets up again. She doesn't get that luxury.

"I'm less breakable than you are" perfectly summed up how the doctor thinks about himself and his companions.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

So has Moffat just been watching It Follows? Sure feels like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

No love for The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit? Rewatched it yesterday, it's held up pretty well, and is such a classic base-under-siege set up.

It has a surprising amount of quiet character moments too, in contrast to the break neck pace we've had since late RTD. 10s scenes down on the planet are great for showing just what he thinks of humans. Half awe, half paternal pride, half frustration.

• Locked thread