Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CobiWann posted:

But...church...football...hangover recovery...

you'll just miss the pregame shows which...no big loss really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

My question in that scene is what happened to the snake binding Clara's wrists? She steps out of the airlock with her arms behind her back, and then in the next shot she's throwing her arms out and there's no snake. I hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how involved is Moffat with the day to day production of the show? Everyone's all death to having a show runner, but that's a really loose term with no formal definition of duties. For instance, Ron Moore was the show runner for BSG but spent very little time in Vancouver on set.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

MikeJF posted:

What about David Eick, the other executive producer?

Basically, what we want is the American model with two producers, one who heads writing and creative direction, and one who stays on top of the practical issues. It seems much better than the British one-man-does-everything.
Sure, Eick was in Vancouver, but he also wasn't the show runner, "just" an EP. Really I guess that's my question, Moffat has never been the sole EP of the show, so wtf does Brian Minchin do?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That episode was extremely my jam. Loved the opening, loved the horror movie bit with Cass. Did not love O'Donnel dying, but these things need stakes don't they? All in all that was really good.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I think my only problem with the episode was that it repeated its thesis too many times in the conversations between Ashildir and the Doctor. Also Lady Me sounds really dumb, it makes sense that Ashildir calls herself that, but to make everyone else do so, nah.

Still, the concept was amazing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

An Ounce of Gold posted:

My only complaint is that they went with something that looks like 80s style Ray Bans. After their initial popularity in the USA, those were seen as the cheapest of the cheap at one point. They even gave away knock offs at Mcdonalds during their Mac Tonight Campaign.

Get the man some cool shades!

He's wearing Wayfarers, their design predates the show and are about as iconic a pair of sunglasses as you'll find.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Android Blues posted:

If the rest of the UNIT command got their memories back but Osgood chose not to recover hers,

Wasn't one of the key points of that scene in Day of the Doctor that the Osgoods knew who was who, but also recognized the importance of what was going on so they rolled with it?

I'll just agree that the allegory was distractingly on the nose.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ofaloaf posted:

To be honest, I felt like the scene well overstayed its welcome.

Yes, exactly this. Of course I had seen a quote from Capaldi earlier in the week saying "she dead" so that colored my perspective of the episode. I was just waiting for her to die, and that hampered my ability to focus on the episode itself.

That and mainlining Jessica Jones all day, I need a drink.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

Neglected to concur with Jerusalem's earlier post that Tennant is really good in Jessica Jones. Certainly not like the Doctor at all.

Well, at one point in the show he did say he's not ten anymore. :haw:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Spatula City posted:

also kinda like that Clara's now a sorta immortal (well, she'll have to go back to Gallifrey and die EVENTUALLY) in a TARDIS that looks like a 50's American diner. c'mon guys that is COOL, that is VERY COOL.

:agreed:

I am sad the episode didn't end on the Doctor opening up the Tardis and finding River there.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Capaldi and Kingston make a really cute couple, bee tee dubs.

That would be why I'm very enthusiastic about River's return.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Astroman posted:

Have they started casting the new companion and planning out the season?

I read some quotes yesterday from Moffat and Capaldi about that. Moffat said he's got some ideas, but nothing definitive, and Capaldi said he doesn't want the next companion to be a guy because then the writers would give him all the actions scenes and Capaldi "wants to be the one to chase the Zygons."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is it the second-best Muppets movie, or is it Muppets Treasure Island?

The Muppet Movie, The Muppets, The Muppet Christmas Carol, the Great Muppet Caper, Muppets Take Manhattan, Muppets Most Wanted, Muppets From Space. Somehow I've never seen all of Muppet Treasure Island so slid that in wherever.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know if there was a thread for it that I just missed, but I watched the Sherlock special and it was really loving good... how long until they make season 4? :ohdear:

The reveal of the titular bride's identity was Peak Moffat that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Sentinel Red posted:

Wait, What, what?

Now this I gotta see/hear.

The end of that film bothered me.

• Locked thread