Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I also just power read this thread over the last few days. That 348 was amazing, I'm excited for the next adventure.

I loved the fact you showed all the weird little design choices which us plebs don't usually get to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

kimbo305 posted:

Not to... poo poo the poo poo pun train, but my take on collecting sports cars and not having time to really thrash them is that it's basically
Steam games for rich people.

This an analogy I can get behind.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

kimbo305 posted:

Bleh, DeMuro was not as positive on the 348 as I was expecting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-r5zArIp-U
Upshot is that he's done his part in keeping 348 prices low.

Things he didn't talk about :
- the mismatched wheel directions
- inboard driver's seat
- leather tool case (though the car didn't have it)
- the gated shifter, which seems like a huge thing to pass over

He didn't rave about the steering like most people who drive it do. I certainly endorse it.

He did, however, bring up one thing that I had never noticed! There's a metal tab for your fingers to help pull out the door, which I never once used.
It's right under the door release in the strake well:

I've looked at these pictures forever and never noticed it.

Yeah I saw that episode too. I actually thought he was quite positive about it overall but compared to most of the cars he reviews I could see why it might get a lower score. I still think they are awesome cars.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Voltage posted:

I hung out with Matt once and he was really chill and down to earth - really, really knows his poo poo. I can't really stand Doug's voice but I do love the interior quirks of weird/supercars so I usually watch the videos until he starts driving, which is always slow and tells me nothing about how the car drives. At least Matt can really whip.

Harry's Garage is the best, I don't think anyone is going to argue against that.

I totally agree with this. I'm not a full on car guy so I find the weird quirks a lot more interesting than someone talking about super technical handling stuff. Thankfully in Demuros videos he usually spends most of the time showing the quirks than driving.

I also really enjoy Savage Geese (thanks for the suggestion!) and Harry's Garage. One Take I'm not huge on probably due to the above point. However he does have a huge array of cars driven compared to the others.

I really want to like Petrolicious as it's beautifully shot and they do strange Euros but there is no real substance in any of the videos.

• Locked thread