Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There were commemorative coins that showed all the straw hat pirates YEARS ago that included Jinbei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

After Fishman Island Arc, a 10 coin set came out that had the 9 straw hats and Jinbei on them. This was touted as being proff that Jinbei was already considered a member of the Straw Hat crew. Trying to find them by Google search nowadays seems impossible though.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
one piece manga thread: toss a coin to your fishman, in two-thousand-twenty

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Julias posted:

After Fishman Island Arc, a 10 coin set came out that had the 9 straw hats and Jinbei on them. This was touted as being proff that Jinbei was already considered a member of the Straw Hat crew. Trying to find them by Google search nowadays seems impossible though.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I mean FMI literally ended with Luffy telling Jinbei to join the crew and Jinbei being all "hell yes but i gotta finish some business with Big Mom but after that YES" so

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think Carrot is likely as the next proper crew-member simply because she fills a very authentic piratey role. Every ship needs a lookout.

We've also got the traitor out of the way, so no worries there.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

everyone who thought the traitor was carrot should be punished. won't say how because i can't be rational about it. but justice must be swift

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Carrot's not joining and is very boring, thanks for coming to my TED talk.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Carrot doesn't get nearly enough screentime to be considered for a position

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Funky Valentine posted:

Carrot's not joining and is very boring, thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Can't wait to quote this after Carrot joins, like I'm about to quote this:

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Jimbei is fuckin dead viz

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 3, 2020

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

omfg the sanji coin lmfao

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

For a future crewmate, Carrot's gotten incredibly little focus compared to everyone else who got on the boat. Like, poo poo, she's basically Wiper at best.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Funky Valentine posted:

For a future crewmate, Carrot's gotten incredibly little focus compared to everyone else who got on the boat. Like, poo poo, she's basically Wiper at best.

IDK, I only read through the entire manga for the first time in the last two years. While Carrot hasn't had a lot of pagetime recently, she was fairly major from Zou basically all the way to Wano. Admittedly she hasn't been very directly impactful ont eh plot in a way like Vivi has, but she easily has just as much pagetime. She also works as a bubbly personality that isn't seen much elsewhere in the crew. She seems like one of the few that would be whole hog with Luffy's adventurous spirit.

I'll definitely concede that she hasn't had as much personal exploration so far as other crewmates, and doesn't have much reason to join the crew beyond "wants to see the world with friends" but that was also arguably Luffy's initial motivation anyways.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

no luffy wants to be the pirate king

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Carrot has no tragic backstory, not allowed to join.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

no longer able to deny jinbei is a strawhat the rabblerousers turn their knives on carrot. disgusting to see.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Carrot has no tragic backstory, not allowed to join.

We literally got to see that flashback in real time as she watched Pedro kill himself to save them.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Perona had a better chance to be a Strawhat than Carrot, and Perona had basically no chance to be a Strawhat.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

oddium posted:

no longer able to deny jinbei is a strawhat the rabblerousers turn their knives on carrot. disgusting to see.

We are truly living in the darkest times.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.
I'm excited for Jinbe, I am. He could have arrived much later. Also this de-confirms the "he'll bring the Straw Hat Grand Fleet with him" theory that was going around.

But what I'm REALLY excited about is that Luffy feels the closest to Roger and a complete captain now than he ever has. The Pirate King or Yonkou coat is suiting him extremely well, easily his best outfit in the series. Every panel is a joy to look at. Him being in a coat resembling the Pirate King was first teased on this cover, I believe.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
PW4 folks, any idea why there are question marks on character's growth maps? I am mainly using Crocodile in the treasure log and he has a few islands that I can't even read the requirements for.

Thank you!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JackDarko posted:

PW4 folks, any idea why there are question marks on character's growth maps? I am mainly using Crocodile in the treasure log and he has a few islands that I can't even read the requirements for.

Thank you!

You unlock those by getting coins through the story mode and the treasure log. Golden coins are basically the way they "gate" progression.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Even the Jinbe haters are secretly like :unsmith:

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Wachter posted:

Even the Jinbe haters are secretly like :unsmith:

Nah. I bet he dies to give Luffy a big rage powerup.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
carrot isn't going to join the crew she's going to become a captain of the mink pirates in the strawhat alliance

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Spanish Matlock posted:

We literally got to see that flashback in real time as she watched Pedro kill himself to save them.

That’s regular story, doesn’t count

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
jinbe entering this fight is so hype......i was worried there was going to be another “find jinbe” subplot after wano

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Ill never accept jinbei until he cuts off his dumb topknot and goes back to his youthful delinquent hairstyle

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

When will Sogeking join the crew?

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Carrot's done more for the Strawhats since Zou than Jinbe, Robin, and Chopper have since the end of the timeskip.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jimbei did as much in Whole Cake Island as Carrot did.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm really enjoying the game, it's a lot of fun. Echoing the earlier recommendation to get sabo's sake bro skill asap, saves tons of time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Maybe we don't need any more new Straw Hats. The last 5 years of the manga have shown that we probably have too many now as is.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Maybe we don't need any more new Straw Hats. The last 5 years of the manga have shown that we probably have too many now as is.

You're right, we should finally fire Zoro now.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Funky Valentine posted:

You're right, we should finally fire Chopper now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Times are tough right now, and our sales don't seem to be getting any better, so I'm afraid we're going to have to do some downsizing, everyone except Robin is laid off and the manga is about Robin now

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fire Chopper, replace him with Kureha.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

JINBE, HELMSMAN OF THE STRAW HAT PIRATES

AAAAAAA.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gently caress YEAH LETS GET THIS FIGHT GOING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Julias posted:

What's even weirder is I'm like 95% sure those coins came out before Fishman Island, so it was really doubted for a while.