Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Jinbei was a straw hat the second his flashback started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

He was in as soon as they got a new VA in the anime

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Aw gently caress that introduction was everything I dreamed it would be and more

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I vote to change the thread title to this:

One Piece Manga Thread: Allow me to introduce myself

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Wait so how does pirate docking work now with an extra crew member?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
It seems like an appropriate time to post this.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Kegslayer posted:

Pirate Emperor: Giant Torso Formation

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Scratchman Apoo posted:

It seems like an appropriate time to post this.

The "He really is!!" always gets me

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kegslayer posted:

Luffy: the neck
Zoro: right leg
Nami: right shoulder
Usopp: right arm
Sanji: left leg
Chopper: head
Robin: left arm
Franky: crotch
Brook: left shoulder
Jinbe: chest

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Remember when Kaido used to not skip leg day? His chicken calves are hilarious

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Actually, something I really want to see someday is Doflamingo personally acknowledging Luffy as the Pirate King. Sure, it'll probably be in his usual sarcastic way, but it will happen. Or it'll be a genuine heartfelt gesture as he removes his glasses as a symbol of his deference to Luffy's authority, I dunno.

I feel it in my bones that Doflamingo will somehow get out of Impel Down in time for the raid on Mary Geoise - there's no way he'd miss out on the prime opportunity to exact revenge on the World Nobles - but how he gets there, I have no idea. Maybe the World Government frees him in exchange for defending the home front, only for him to betray them later?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Actually, something I really want to see someday is Doflamingo personally acknowledging Luffy as the Pirate King. Sure, it'll probably be in his usual sarcastic way, but it will happen. Or it'll be a genuine heartfelt gesture as he removes his glasses as a symbol of his deference to Luffy's authority, I dunno.

I feel it in my bones that Doflamingo will somehow get out of Impel Down in time for the raid on Mary Geoise - there's no way he'd miss out on the prime opportunity to exact revenge on the World Nobles - but how he gets there, I have no idea. Maybe the World Government frees him in exchange for defending the home front, only for him to betray them later?

We finally get do see Doffy's eyes when they pop out of his glasses while he makes his Enel face upon learning that Luffy is Pirate King. That'll be his panel in the epilogue.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Funky Valentine posted:

We finally get do see Doffy's eyes when they pop out of his glasses while he makes his Enel face upon learning that Luffy is Pirate King. That'll be his panel in the epilogue.

I do think that the simple fact that Oda hasn't shown us his eyes yet means that he's guaranteed to reappear later in the manga as an active character.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
It's actually just a drawing he's actually quite dead

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

It's just so loving rad that the helmsman of the Strawhats is a Warlord. People might stop underestimating them now.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Whose left that's going to underestimate them after beating kaido and big mom though?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Ubiquitus posted:

Whose left that's going to underestimate them after beating kaido and big mom though?

Yeah, for real. I think this is going to be the true breakout moment for the Straw Hats where they catapult onto the world stage as legends and there's no going back.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean Luffy's got that billion bounty after Whole Cake. He's kinda hit the world stage as seemingly the 5th most infamous pirate captain in the world.

It's just that Kaido probably looks down on anyone not in the top 3

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ubiquitus posted:

The long-awaited return of Don Krieg.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

In doflys eyes the nobles did nothing wrong, it was his family that did him dirty in his book.
They could dangle reinstatement into the nobles as bait for him to accept.

Also a reminder that bounties are also set depending not just how strong you are but how dangerous you are to the WGs status quo.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 4, 2020

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Hey remember the big hat? what's with the big hat

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

lowercase16 posted:

It's just so loving rad that the helmsman of the Strawhats is a Warlord. People might stop underestimating them now.

Even if ranks and titles were powerlevels, the top ranking officers in an emperor's crew are pretty much on the same level as the warlords. Remember that all seven of them together were supposed to be a match for one of the emperors.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Oda is going to gut punch us near the end by having most or all of the crew killed and then having the worst generation form a crew under luffy to take out Blackbeard and save the world. Luffy will die saving the world.

Baron La Croix posted:

Hey remember the big hat? what's with the big hat

That ancient oars luffys hat, so that when luffy unlocks the power of his ancestors and gets bigger he's got a bigger hat already.

This isn't even my final hat.

Philosopher King fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 4, 2020

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

In doflys eyes the nobles did nothing wrong, it was his family that did him dirty in his book.
They could dangle reinstatement into the nobles as bait for him to accept.

What?

Doflamingo definitely has a chip on his shoulder from them not reinstating his World Noble status even after bringing back his father's head; that's why he wants the world to burn, remember?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

What?

Doflamingo definitely has a chip on his shoulder from them not reinstating his World Noble status even after bringing back his father's head; that's why he wants the world to burn, remember?

Hmm must have forgetten that.

Birdcage arc was long

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

So what positions are there still to fill on the crew?

Supoose ya got your cabin boys? ...Janitor?

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I like how Jinbe is not the straight man I was expecting. He's actually really fun.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's wild how Jinbe was first mentioned all the way back in Arlong Park as this terrifyingly powerful and important guy and now he's subordinate to the most charismatic idiot on the sea.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The World Inferno posted:

So what positions are there still to fill on the crew?

Supoose ya got your cabin boys? ...Janitor?

As I said, Carrot is an obvious pick for lookout.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There has yet to be a situation where the Strawhats really needed a lookout, unlike Chopper, Franky, and kinda Jinbe where it was shown that the Strawhats could really use someone to do their job.

Or in the case of Brook, where Luffy kept asking for someone to fill that position.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
As much as I love Carrot over Jinbe her most notable power relies on a full moon being present which is pretty hard to write around without feeling lazy. Maybe she learns to control it, iunno.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Ryaomon posted:

As much as I love Carrot over Jinbe her most notable power relies on a full moon being present which is pretty hard to write around without feeling lazy. Maybe she learns to control it, iunno.

Probably qualifies as lazy writing but maybe Chopper's rumble balls could make it happen? They, and frankly Chopper himself, have not been relevant in a long time so having him and Carrot operate as a kind of duo might be fun.

Luffy's crew also needs a jester, praying that Buggy gets chased out of his fleet when they realize he's a scrub and he becomes the lowest ranking member of Luffy's crew like he was on Roger's.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Captain Buggy is the true hero of One Piece and deserves far greater things than joining Strawhat's pitiful crew.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Super Rad posted:

Luffy's crew also needs a jester, praying that Buggy gets chased out of his fleet when they realize he's a scrub and he becomes the lowest ranking member of Luffy's crew like he was on Roger's.

Honestly this would be pretty funny, albeit unlikely.

I think it'd be more likely that Buggy bumbles his way into becoming a Yonkou.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

There has yet to be a situation where the Strawhats really needed a lookout, unlike Chopper, Franky, and kinda Jinbe where it was shown that the Strawhats could really use someone to do their job.

Or in the case of Brook, where Luffy kept asking for someone to fill that position.

When's the last time they really needed a helmsman and didn't have one? Ship roles in One Piece only tend to become vitally necessary shortly before someone comes along to fill them.

I can totally see the crazy weather around Raftel making a skilled lookout mandatory because they can't trust their instruments, for instance. Or a fight scene where Usopp need an extra spotter.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Buggy's going to end up Pirate King for some period of time and will probably play a huge part in defeating Blackbeard.

He is the Mr. Satan of One Piece.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
...you know, I was just thinking, Buggy and Shanks never went to Laugh Tale, maybe they'll wind up tagging along/intersecting with Luffy there?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Julias posted:

...you know, I was just thinking, Buggy and Shanks never went to Laugh Tale, maybe they'll wind up tagging along/intersecting with Luffy there?

Shanks will get sick and Buggy will return the favor and stay with him

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Given that the Crows Nest is Zoro's training area, he already basically fulfils that role.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

doomrider7 posted:

Given that the Crows Nest is Zoro's training area, he already basically fulfils that role.

Without any specific skill in it. Usopp used to repair the Going Merry without any skill in it, but they still got a shipwright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Without any specific skill in it. Usopp used to repair the Going Merry without any skill in it, but they still got a shipwright.

Fair, but there was always a point made that Usopp's repairs were fairly rinky dink and someone with the right skillset showed up. Someone to fill the lookout spot I can get, but I doubt it'll be carrot since she just doesn't strike me for that role. Ironically, I can see Usopp taking up that role along with his sniper role.