Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Luckily the style did help me understand some stands I didn't really get when I read it. Hopefully it'll also make the piss dragon make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 13, 2006

Schwarzwald posted:

I might get heat for this but Jojo's part 4 and 5 really suffered heavily from this. They were still decent enough because the source material was good, but they could have been excellent if they weren't such direct adaptations.

I don't disagree with you, there's certainly stuff that between a manga, anime and live action by the time I get to the third one it's like, I wish they'd not make everything such a same straight adaptation. On the other hand if things stray too far, then people might feel like they'd rather something more straightforward.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Yeah, it's an unenviable position. I may have an idea of what changes would have benefited the series, but making those changes would invite a whole discussion that the studio would probably rather not have.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

I might get heat for this but Jojo's part 4 and 5 really suffered heavily from this. They were still decent enough because the source material was good, but they could have been excellent if they weren't such direct adaptations.

I agree with you here. I think 5 was better than 4 for making certain parts pop but 4 was kind of a lifeless drag to me.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

I cannot see an adaptation of Alternative going well, even if they start it out with four episodes of Extra/Unlimited. There's just no way I can figure out how they can do it well.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Fivemarks posted:

I cannot see an adaptation of Alternative going well, even if they start it out with four episodes of Extra/Unlimited. There's just no way I can figure out how they can do it well.

Chewie shows up.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

nope just me lain

The projects cursed af and I hope the recast doesn't mean the original vas are just out of the franchise now

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I have only the barest knowledge of Muv-Luv, and nothing I've learned has ever made me want to know more.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

They were already moving towards softening the Muv-Luv designs previously, at least to the point of using them for some relatively minor side material.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

nope just me lain

Muv Luv Is Good.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Too much of the Muv in the world today, not enough of the Luv IMHO.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

The problem with MuvLuv is that all the side materials jumped headfirst into just out and out fascism.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

nope just me lain

That's just a problem with military fiction in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Especially military fiction where the enemy faction is a big spooky monolithic alien/monster invasion, since "we all have to unite under our powerful government and military in order to have the strength to resist the other attempting to destroy us" is basically the meat and potatoes of fascist mythology.