Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i was just being an rear end in a top hat but you are correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
the state of the world in fafner exodus, about two hundred years in the future

how the gently caress did this even happen

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aliens

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

The Trump presidency was a hell of a thing.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

i mean yes, aliens, but like...how did they do that

they don't have spaceships or anything they just touch things and make them die

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

It's probably colony drops.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
this show had me worried for a while it wasn't going to be very good

i was proven right because it's completely amazing and far better than i could've hoped for

the only bad thing I can even think of is that you sort of need to have seen the less good original series and the OVA to know what's going on at this specific point, but on the flip side, it's actually talking about events of the OVA and repercussions thereof. i am super hype for the episodes to come

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
crunchyroll is streaming God Mars

http://www.crunchyroll.com/god-mars/episode-1-who-am-i-688481

you're welcome

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Crunchyroll posted:

Sorry, this video is not available in your region due to licensing restrictions.

:(

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

you arent missing much anyway,

these ads are loving INSANE. like i literally cant even watch the show

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
God Mars has been on Hulu for a while now, along with Johnny Socko and His Flying Robot. Of course, that still has ads.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

A lot of old titles on Hulu have been making their way to the 'roll, and that means there's a higher chance of discovery so I'm glad of it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

MarsDragon posted:

God Mars has been on Hulu for a while now, along with Johnny Socko and His Flying Robot. Of course, that still has ads.

Unfortunately Hulu is US only

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Gyra_Solune posted:

i mean yes, aliens, but like...how did they do that

they don't have spaceships or anything they just touch things and make them die

Well they do it by making orbs of destruction that completely erase whatever they touch so I guess a big enough orb would have done it.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

i really like this

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I wish people would stop drawing things that will never exist in my lifetime. :(

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
I found a good spot for my Christmas tree this year.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

15 second preview of Macross Delta song "Ikenai Borderline" (Unreachable Borderline) by the in-universe idol group Walküre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWC-FmK8vhI

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh god i want it, probably not 130 dollars worth of want, but still...

http://www.hype.tokyo/products/supe...karu-ichijo-use

A million years ago i put this guy together:

I think it's probably still on a shelf at my parent's house, i'll have to grab it next time i get home. It's really too bad taht i was terrible at putting models together because the paint job and everything else i did is halfass.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

a kitten posted:

Oh god i want it, probably not 130 dollars worth of want, but still...

http://www.hype.tokyo/products/supe...karu-ichijo-use

I have the Roy Fokker version of this when it came out 12 years ago. It's a nice figure.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Going through original Macross again. Was the series planned to end after episode 27? It always felt like such an ending in the show, and seemed weird that it ended up going on for another 9 or 10 episodes. I don't hate that it does, but it just feels like it was going to end and didn't.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
As I recall, the series was cut short, so they rushed the ending; but then after that, the number of episodes was extended, leading to the giant epilogue.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I saw a clip of Mazinkaiser SKL, and it looked like stupid edgelord garbage. Confirm/deny?

Should I watch it anyway? Y/N?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Neo_Crimson posted:

I saw a clip of Mazinkaiser SKL, and it looked like stupid edgelord garbage. Confirm/deny?

Should I watch it anyway? Y/N?

Confirm, and Y

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

It's garbage in the same way a Tarantino film is garbage.

It's loving, rapid-fire 80's/90's referencing garbage in the best way, with a very strong thematic point about human violence, filed so sharp it's almost a joke how anti-war it manages to be.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's what happens when you give the most batshit anti-hero versions of Ryoma and Hayato a Mazinger and play it absolutely straight.

It fails at using all its plot points due to its short running time, but it is very much worth a watch anyways. Plus Legend of Kaiser is awesome.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Parallax posted:

boomboomboom: first three minutes of Gundam Thunderbolt are out
boomboomboom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Trb5wCvlw
boomboomboom: pass it on
boomboomboom: I can't remember if I already told you, sorry if so.
Parallax: will i get good luck if i do
boomboomboom: yes
boomboomboom: it's already been posted in the chat thread, but not the Gundam thread, the IBO thread, the Winter anime thread or the Mecha thread

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

lol

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Discotek has Dai Guard.

Also, GaoGaiGar BD box 1 is out, and it looks amazing.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, I'll miss Aquarion Logos. It took a while to grow on me but it definitely did. This episode was really good, and I was caught off-guard by the fact that it isn't the finale, because it sure felt like it. Subete regressing to his non-evil personality and just clashing with Akira was hilarious, even moreso with Maya's reactions. Aquarion Logos Genesis was pretty cool, and the amount of references to the original Aquarion were unexpected and neat, even using Sousei no Aquarion in-series.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

FortMax posted:

Also, GaoGaiGar BD box 1 is out, and it looks amazing.

I've never seen GGG all the way through, I've been waiting for this. Awesome!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Well I've put it off long enough. I finished Macross, and even re-watched DYRL (and found some hilarious clips from Clash of the Bionoids, childhood memories) but I'm starting Macross 7 tonight. I've heard a bunch of different opinions on it, but I think I'll be able to enjoy it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
You didn't skip Macross Plus I hope, unless you had already seen it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Oh, didn't watch it yet. I'll squeeze that in beforehand.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's good, it's not only arguably the best Macross entry but it also takes place before M7 anyway (both timeline and production-wise).

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
SDF is the best Macross. 7 is a lot of fun, but it takes about 20 episodes to find it's feet. Once it does, it's great, but those first episodes are a struggle and I'm not sure I could re-watch them again. It does have the best episode in the franchise though in my opinion, late in the show when everyone is preparing to go off on a suicide mission on Mylene's birthday. It's a really bittersweet episode that balances all it's elements really well.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I really enjoyed SDF, even though some of the animation was really horrible (I read they had different studios throughout production). I'm torn between preferring DYRL or the show, DYRL has the animation but I think I like the plot in the show more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I wish Macross could've afforded to have the animation be consistent with the quality in the first few episodes, because a bunch of stuff from those first few episodes is really loving good.